Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 12-03-2013, 11:58 AM   #1
zoomzilla
Minors (Double A)

linux registration issues

I purchased ootp(ubuntu linux) months ago and have a lot of data in this game that I don't want to lose. Every once in a while when I boot the game it gives me the "thank you for trying the demo version..." and I have to re enter my license number. It's worked every time until now. This time it won't take my license code. It gave me two licenses when I purchased the game so I'm going to use it and see if it works, but I just know this is not going to work sometime and I'm going to lose my game.
Any body else have experience with this or have any suggestions?
zoomzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:50 PM   #2
hopeful1212
Major Leagues

Sadly yes, this has basically been my experience as well. PISD sucks (they handle the registration for the linux version). If you do any major update to your system it's best to unlicense the game first, then update, then license again. For me it mostly seems to be kernel updates that cause the problems, but not always. If you do get both of your licenses stuck you can get PISD to release one or both by emailing their support about it. That happened to me a couple years ago. I've currently got one of mine stuck but the other is still going strong. Hope it makes it to the next version.

So, the good news is that you shouldn't be totally locked out, but the bad news is that dealing with the licensing system on linux really is a pain.
hopeful1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:51 PM   #3
buffalo_pete
Minors (Single A)

I often have the game pop up the "Thanks for trying the demo" message, but I have never not had my license key work. Try to release your license (there should be a button on the home screen) and then re-enter it.
buffalo_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:35 PM   #4
Shawn0531
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I updated my Linux version without having to unlicense the game. However, I did have one license not work after a certain point so I used the other license.
Shawn0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:52 PM   #5
Fellini
Bat Boy

I have this issue as well but it happens EVERY time I start the game after rebooting my PC with Ubuntu 13.10 even if there weren't any updates installed.

It always says I'm in demo mode, where I then release the license (why would I have to release it? If it's stored in there then it should know I have one!) and re-enter it.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:26 PM   #6
zoomzilla
Minors (Double A)

Thanks for the help everyone. So far no problems. It appears the Linux version is sub standard in pretty much every way, but it works and I don't have to use windows so its still worth it
zoomzilla is offline   Reply With Quote