Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 10-17-2013, 08:15 PM   #1
zoomzilla
Minors (Double A)

problems purchasing game

I've downloaded ootp 14 for linux and properly installed the game. using the demo I can navigate through all aspects of the game. However, when I click the purchase option on the title screen it does nothing. any linux users out there have this problem or can help?
zoomzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:15 PM   #2
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzilla View Post
I've downloaded ootp 14 for linux and properly installed the game. using the demo I can navigate through all aspects of the game. However, when I click the purchase option on the title screen it does nothing. any linux users out there have this problem or can help?
Try this. Uninstall OOTP 14 for Linux. Go HERE and purchase the Linux version. Next, re-install OOTP 14 for Linux by going HERE. Lastly, try clicking on the License radio button on the start screen and entering your new license key.

Last edited by Bowtie; 10-18-2013 at 05:08 AM.
Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:40 AM   #3
zoomzilla
Minors (Double A)

Thanks bowtie. Hmmm... I will give it a try but it wouldn't install when I tried using the default folder last time. I had to use a workaround found in this forum.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:06 AM   #4
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:
Thanks bowtie. Hmmm... I will give it a try but it wouldn't install when I tried using the default folder last time. I had to use a workaround found in this forum.
Hmmm. That's interesting that you had to use a workaround to get it to install. Well, if that's what it takes to get it to install then by all means go ahead and use the workaround.

Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:43 PM   #5
zoomzilla
Minors (Double A)

Thanks bowtie, that seemed to work. Everything seems to be in order. Having never used linux very much and never played ootp linux version, I have a couple questions. Is it possible to make the window any bigger when playing in windowed mode? I can't do fullscreen because it takes up both of my screens(I use a laptop with a monitor connected to it).
Also, when I installed the game it didn't create a shortcut anywhere even though I selected it. I have to open the ootp14.sh file to run the game. It seems to work ok but I'd like to get shortcut as long as I don't have to reinstall. Thanks for all the help.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:55 PM   #6
hopeful1212
Major Leagues

Quote:
Thanks bowtie, that seemed to work. Everything seems to be in order. Having never used linux very much and never played ootp linux version, I have a couple questions. Is it possible to make the window any bigger when playing in windowed mode? I can't do fullscreen because it takes up both of my screens(I use a laptop with a monitor connected to it).
Also, when I installed the game it didn't create a shortcut anywhere even though I selected it. I have to open the ootp14.sh file to run the game. It seems to work ok but I'd like to get shortcut as long as I don't have to reinstall. Thanks for all the help.
To answer your first question, you can choose the size of the window in the game preferences. Start up OOTP14 and click on Preferences. You'll want to change the "Window Size".

As for your second question, I'm going to need some more information to help you. Do you know what window manager you're using (and if you don't then what flavor of Linux you're using)? And are you trying to create a shortcut on the "desktop" or in the "start menu", to use Windows terms. :P
hopeful1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #7
zoomzilla
Minors (Double A)

Ah, thanks for the help hopeful. i didn't even see the different workspaces until you mentioned it. I've only been using ubuntu for a couple days and there are some big differences I'm not used to yet. It looks like it put the shortcut on one workspace and I was working on another, don't know how that happened. My laptop had the workspace with the icon so I didn't see it.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:24 PM   #8
hopeful1212
Major Leagues

Well, I completely forgot about workspaces (I don't use them myself). But, I'm glad I could help anyway.
hopeful1212 is offline   Reply With Quote