Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #1
zroberts1991
Minors (Triple A)

Ideas for new universe?

Hey I want to start a new baseball Universe, Im getting tired of the ones Ive been using. I was doing an MLB like league and the Kalama quick start but want to venture off and create a new universe.

I was hoping for some ideas, inspiration, what you guys are currently using. I like my worlds to be very detailed with logos and uniforms matching teams perfectly. I was thinking about maybe having one league that consisted of US and Caribbean Teams and then having a separate Asian League and merging the two in an association so the winners of each league would play each other. But you would have two separate league leader boards and if players switch leagues numbers can get skewed, I know Im rambling now.

Anyways, like I previously stated what types of leagues are you guys currently playing in, or what ideas have you wanted to implement into a new universe?
zroberts1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:40 PM   #2
Poo Tee Weet
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I started a league based on the Barclays Premier soccer league. There's logos and jerseys floating around here on the forums somewhere. I don't know much about the soccer league but I have a 2 leagues, 10 teams a piece. Split season schedule just for a change of pace. This league takes place in England with 75% Western European, 15% African and Eastern European, and 10% Caribbean.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:58 PM   #3
hfield007
All Star Starter

in the works for ootp 14, 24 team MLB with 4 levels of minors, 8 team latino league, 8 team asian league, 6 team euro league, 4 team aussie league, 56 team NCAA, 18 team high school. ran incredibly in depth with a ton of extra awards i keep on my own and an a World Baseball Classic planned as well.

my old fictional i kept thinking of awesome things i wanted to add too deep into it and figured ill just completely redo it the way i want to from the start.
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:08 PM   #4
metsguy234
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfield007 View Post
in the works for ootp 14, 24 team MLB with 4 levels of minors, 8 team latino league, 8 team asian league, 6 team euro league, 4 team aussie league, 56 team NCAA, 18 team high school. ran incredibly in depth with a ton of extra awards i keep on my own and an a World Baseball Classic planned as well.

my old fictional i kept thinking of awesome things i wanted to add too deep into it and figured ill just completely redo it the way i want to from the start.
How are you setting up and playing the World Baseball Classic?
metsguy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:56 PM   #5
hfield007
All Star Starter

With the different leagues in the world I have it so all 28 WBC and qualifying WBC countries will have a minimum 30 players in the world at all times.

I have not decided whether I will copy the universe every time the WBC comes up and just create a new league and transfer the players to WBC countries to play the tournament out or if I will just stay in the main game and clone every player who is going into the tournament.

No way around a nice amount of work if you want to do a WBC yet in the game but it is worth the extra work I think.
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #6
cavebutter
All Star Starter

My current universe has a US Major League (20 teams, 2 subleagues) with 5 levels of minors, an associated 16 team Asian League (Japan, Korea, Taiwan, China, 2 levels of minors) with extensive playoffs between the two.

There's a 12 team Can-Am Indy league that will eventually merge with the US league and a 6 team California Indy league (max age 25) for those who didn't get drafted out of HS or College.

As an aside, I put strict foreigner limits (4 per team) in the Asian league. I ended up having to create feeder leagues in each country to support that.

Logo Gallery
cavebutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:52 PM   #7
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

I use the MLB quickstart with full minors that came with 13 and I play "Logan's Run"-style. For those of you who have never seen that movie, that means I get rid of players before they turn 30. I'll try and sign them to team-friendly extensions before they hit arbitration, or I will trade them when they start peaking or get expensive. I try to keep young, cheap talent in my lineup, save for a couple of personal favorites, usually, and I always try to get high draft picks and/or prospects for the players I trade away. I keep the PCMs and league configuration at the default settings, and this style seems to work pretty well. I always have good young talent coming through my system, and I have made the playoffs all but two years in the 58 seasons I have simmed so far. I have won fourteen World Series, lost ten, and produced twelve Hall of Famers out of my farm system.
OBSL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote