Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-25-2019, 04:12 PM   #1
jslmsca
All Star Reserve

Improving Morale in Low Minors

I'm fifteen years into my current career and while I always have good morale at MLB, AAA, and AA, I have never been able to get even OK morale at A or R.

Those clubhouses are in disarray. If I look at the Team Chemistry screen, I have a Captain and couple leaders but nothing else yet everyone is complaining about "Slackers/Selfish Players" on the lower right screen even though none are listed as selfish or unmotivated. I scrolled through every player card to make sure and no one is unmotivated or disruptive or lazy.

I've installed a "controlling" manager but that didn't seem to help.

I do have young teams - R is 18-22 and A is 20-24 but that's kind of the point...

Maybe it's all related to the fact they suck year in and year out? They are chock full of rookies that are not very good so there's not much I can do about that. The good ones quickly get to AA and above.

Any ideas? I've sort of given up but I'm sure it's not good for development.
jslmsca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 10:15 AM   #2
TomVeal
All Star Starter

Players on low minors teams seem to suffer poor morale when the team is doing poorly. That's realistic in MLB and perhaps the upper minors, but one would think that a guy in Short-Season A cares mostly about his own performance and whether he has a shot at promotion, not about whether his team will make the playoffs.
TomVeal is offline   Reply With Quote