Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-13-2019, 10:11 PM   #1
Baseball Ray!
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Migrate game to new computer

Hello Everyone:

Quick question on migrating a save in progress in OOTP 20. I have a new desktop arriving to replace my current laptop. My game of course is loaded on the laptop. How do I transfer/migrate the existing save to the new computer?

Thank you for your assistance,
Steve
Baseball Ray! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 10:55 PM   #2
ronnieh
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Install OOTP on the new PC. That will create the folder structure.

Everything you need to transfer is under OOTP Baseball 20\saved_games\[yourLeagueName].lg

All you HAVE to have for the game to continue is the dat files. But if you want all of your images, messages, league history reports ETC then grab everything.

Once the league folder is recreated on the new PC and files are in it, you will be able to load it from the opening screen.

Hope that helps.
ronnieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 06:37 AM   #3
battists
Hall Of Famer

If you are no longer going to use the game on your laptop, I would unlicense the game there as well. Otherwise you are using up a license for nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2019, 10:30 PM   #4
Baseball Ray!
Minors (Rookie Ball)

OK, Thank you, but I'll have to slow you down a bit. How do I go about extracting the game from the old computer and loading it onto the new computer (as in steps to take)? Do I have to save a particular file on flash drive for instance then use that to download onto the new computer?

Thank you again,
Steve
Old 08-18-2019, 09:07 PM   #5
kryakyu12
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Ray! View Post
OK, Thank you, but I'll have to slow you down a bit. How do I go about extracting the game from the old computer and loading it onto the new computer (as in steps to take)? Do I have to save a particular file on flash drive for instance then use that to download onto the new computer?

Thank you again,
Steve

Are you using the eSellerate version (ie, purchased directly from OOTPD)? If so, I believe the following should work.
* if you are removing the game from your laptop, unlicense the game on your laptop (should be able to do this from the Welcome screen)
* download, install, and active the game on your new desktop. Be sure to download the correct version, ie the eSellarate version if that is what you have.
* copy the OOTP20/saved_games folder (the entire folder and all sub-folders) from your laptop to a flash drive (or somewhere)
* copy that folder onto that same directory (OOTP20/saved_games) on your desktop.

If you have the steam version, then no need to unlicense. Just install steam, install OOTP20, and copy over the saved_games folder as above.

Hope this helps!
-kr-
kryakyu12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 04:24 PM   #6
Baseball Ray!
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryakyu12 View Post
Are you using the eSellerate version (ie, purchased directly from OOTPD)? If so, I believe the following should work.
* if you are removing the game from your laptop, unlicense the game on your laptop (should be able to do this from the Welcome screen)
* download, install, and active the game on your new desktop. Be sure to download the correct version, ie the eSellarate version if that is what you have.
* copy the OOTP20/saved_games folder (the entire folder and all sub-folders) from your laptop to a flash drive (or somewhere)
* copy that folder onto that same directory (OOTP20/saved_games) on your desktop.

If you have the steam version, then no need to unlicense. Just install steam, install OOTP20, and copy over the saved_games folder as above.

Hope this helps!
-kr-
Thanks so much for all your replies. This part of the process is (obviously) not an easy one for me! My first purchase (in March 2019) was thru esellerate. FFW to now, I downloaded the game from OOTP website and it was not reading my serial # from first purchase (don't know if this was because esellerate became fastspring). So, I ended up having to pay for the game (OOTP 20) twice becuase I was unable to get the new download to recognize my serial # from march. I should probably be due a refund from OOTP since I legitimately should have been able to transfer the game under the first purchase.

Steve
Old 08-21-2019, 10:24 PM   #7
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Ray! View Post
Thanks so much for all your replies. This part of the process is (obviously) not an easy one for me! My first purchase (in March 2019) was thru esellerate. FFW to now, I downloaded the game from OOTP website and it was not reading my serial # from first purchase (don't know if this was because esellerate became fastspring). So, I ended up having to pay for the game (OOTP 20) twice becuase I was unable to get the new download to recognize my serial # from march. I should probably be due a refund from OOTP since I legitimately should have been able to transfer the game under the first purchase.

Steve
You probably downloaded the wrong version of the game/patch. There are 2 versions now, the eSellerate version (which would work with your original March serial #) and the Fastspring version. You need to download the one that you purchased from originally.

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote