Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-15-2013, 05:17 PM   #1
ZouDave
Major Leagues

Cannot Import Kevin Youkilis

I tried to post this in the Technical Support forum, but it says I don't have permission to post there.

In OOTP14 I'm unable to import Kevin Youkilis. I was trying to import a mass selection of some all-time best baseball players, and Youkilis failed. I tried using the ID from baseballreference.com (which I believe is almost always the same as the playerid column in Lahman DB) and his ID on there is YOUKLKE01. When that failed, I tried manually importing him with what I believed to be his correct ID, YOUKIKE01. That also failed. I pulled up the master.csv file from OOTP14 in the \Stats directory, found Youkilis on line 17802, and his playerid is listed as YOUKIKE01 but his bbrefID is YOUKLKE01.

I tried importing a historical sim of 2009, and Kevin Youkilis is not with the Boston Red Sox (nor any other team). I loaded up the QuickStart that comes with OOTP14 and Youkilis is in the game, and is listed as having a Lahman ID of YOUKLKE01 on the Editor tab.

Any further thoughts are appreciated.

ZD
Old 04-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #2
ZouDave
Major Leagues

I was able to get him to import using the manual name of YOUKIKE01, but he still does not import automatically for a historical season.

And when I do import him based on 2009, he's absolutely awful. Like 5 CON, 8 GAP, 3 POW, awful. No ratings at any defensive positions.

Last edited by ZouDave; 04-15-2013 at 05:46 PM.
ZouDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:00 PM   #3
ZouDave
Major Leagues

Ok, I'm enjoying talking to myself here.

I think I've figured out the problem. The master.csv file in OOTP14 has his ID as YOUKIKE01, but all other .csv files have him YOUKLKE01. OOTP13's master.csv had his ID has YOUKLKE01. So, it looks like it was only changed in the master.csv. I'm guessing changing it back will fix the problems.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:04 PM   #4
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Logged in the bug report DB. Thanks!
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:04 PM   #5
ZouDave
Major Leagues

Ok, changing that field to YOUKLKE01 did nothing.

I'll leave this to smarter people now. Importing Kevin Youkilis is still very broken, because even a "successful" import brings him in with NO stats or abilities.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:26 PM   #6
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZouDave View Post
Ok, changing that field to YOUKLKE01 did nothing.

I'll leave this to smarter people now. Importing Kevin Youkilis is still very broken, because even a "successful" import brings him in with NO stats or abilities.
What happens when you try the historical database.odb vs master.cvs using youklke01,2009
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:21 AM   #7
ZouDave
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
What happens when you try the historical database.odb vs master.cvs using youklke01,2009
Using historical_database.odb with YOUKLKE01,2009 - Import fails.
Using historical_database.odb with YOUKIKE01,2009 - Same result as master.cvs; import works but player is uselessly awful/incomplete.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:03 AM   #8
ZMan
Minors (Double A)

I posted about this exact same problem with Youkilis importing wrong in last year's game, and I believe that I had the same issue with OOTP 11 too:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3306283

Other people on the boards have noted the problem as well:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ng-player.html

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...al-league.html

Shame on whoever initially misspelled his name when they entered him into the database for causing all this confusion. Perhaps the incorrect spelling was intentional, so that baseball-reference et al wouldn't appear to be spelling out an anti-Semitic slur. (compare youklke01 to youkike01) You pretty much never see a blatant error like that.

Note that saber guys like Larry Granillo and Jay Jaffe have also noted the problem:

https://twitter.com/jay_jaffe/status...44269690732544

And a little Googling will show that baseball ref changed to the non-anti-Semitic ID name for Youkilis sometime around 2008 or 2009.

In any case, this seems like a permanent issue that OOTP needs to address each year in its historical database.
ZMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:05 AM   #9
ZMan
Minors (Double A)

Also, I can't remember if this got fixed last year. To get my league's season off the ground I ended up doing a workaround in which I generated Youkilis as a blank player, and added his stats in via the edit screen to reverse-engineer his ratings.
ZMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:36 AM   #10
The Game
Hall Of Famer

I have another workaround but it is tedious. Take whichever year you want Youkilis from and either create a historical league for that year or use the 2013 QS. Delete all FA & coaches. Move Youk to FA list delete all teams. save as template. Import template into your league. Move Youk to FA list of your league or to a team. Delete the template league. This is how I did the 2012 White Sox for my Sox vs Cubs QS. I used the 2012 QS. Created a new league with 2 teams 1 White Sox 1 fictional. Moved all players from 2012 White Sox to the fictional league White Sox including Youk.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:03 AM   #11
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Will be fixed in patch #2.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:06 AM   #12
mking55
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZouDave View Post
Ok, I'm enjoying talking to myself here.

I think I've figured out the problem. The master.csv file in OOTP14 has his ID as YOUKIKE01, but all other .csv files have him YOUKLKE01. OOTP13's master.csv had his ID has YOUKLKE01. So, it looks like it was only changed in the master.csv. I'm guessing changing it back will fix the problems.
I just saw this and I am appalled at the anti-semitism exhibited here. Yes, Kevin Youklis is Jewish but to use a racial slur in the master.csv is offensive.

I will be notifying the Anti-Defamation League of this and taking them to task for not being on top of this issue from the start.

(And yes, those typos can kill you).
mking55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #13
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Youk wouldn't be a problem if he was actually the Greek god of walks.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:26 PM   #14
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mking55 View Post
I just saw this and I am appalled at the anti-semitism exhibited here. Yes, Kevin Youklis is Jewish but to use a racial slur in the master.csv is offensive.

I will be notifying the Anti-Defamation League of this and taking them to task for not being on top of this issue from the start.

(And yes, those typos can kill you).
Seriously? And if so does the typo have to do with OOTP or Lahman?
Old 04-16-2013, 03:47 PM   #15
FunkyBike1
Minors (Double A)

Sorry for pointing out the obvious, but it's not a typo. His ID was changed from 'YOUKIKE01' to 'YOUKLKE01' a couple years ago, and some databases haven't been updated yet/
FunkyBike1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:51 PM   #16
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyBike1 View Post
Sorry for pointing out the obvious, but it's not a typo. His ID was changed from 'YOUKIKE01' to 'YOUKLKE01' a couple years ago, and some databases haven't been updated yet/
Ok, but by whom? Markus & Co or Lahman? Can't fault Markus if he is using someone else's program.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:18 PM   #17
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

2009 Import (Patch 2): voila!
Attached Images
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:55 PM   #18
VanillaGorilla
All Star Starter

This seems like a good place to post this classic:

Denis Leary and Lenny Clarke Blast Mel Gibson! | Free Video Clips | SPIKE
VanillaGorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:36 PM   #19
VanillaGorilla
All Star Starter

I had this player show up in my Random Debut league. I thought about deleting him from the draft pool, but decided to let him stay and see if more info came up. He looks very Youkish. Except for a few energency innings at scattered positions, he played all of his fielding time at 1B and had a def eff of .904 in almost 3500 innings and a ZR of -32.3.

ADD: This is from v 13.
Attached Images

Last edited by VanillaGorilla; 04-16-2013 at 09:51 PM. Reason: ADD
VanillaGorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #20
Shadow Knows
Bat Boy

Sean Forman changed Youkilis's BB-Ref ID in 2006. His Lahman ID was changed starting with the 2011 database.
Shadow Knows is offline   Reply With Quote