Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-18-2019, 12:47 AM   #141
Catchthedamnball
Minors (Double A)

Awards recap for the Mashers:

Colavito and Maddox won Gold Gloves in LF and CF respectively. I would endorse this 96 Colavito card to others; plays great defense in LF (+17 ZR per year), draws a lot of walks, and hits about .270 with great pop (disclaimer: these are diamond league stats and I have no clue if they would carry over to perfect).

Jose Altuve won a silver slugger at 2B, putting together his best season to date for the Mashers, slashing .309/.354/.493, scoring 100 runs, and coming just 2 HR shy of a 20/20 season.

43 saves wasn't enough for Kirby Yates, who finished 3rd in Reliever of the Year voting. Altuve and Maddox finished 5th and 7th in the MVP voting, with Colavito, Griffey Jr., and Judge also receiving votes.

It's nice to see my players getting recognized for their achievements, and the PP is nice, but it's definitely bittersweet to have blown the division series to an 87-win team.

Catchthedamnball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 12:53 AM   #142
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Well, congratulations to....me?

Also to the rest of P415, especially Bridgeville (a team that won 136 games and got bilked out of home field advantage).

I'd feel worse about winning PL title #4 if G7 was closer (and if my team wasn't outclassed by a couple million PP), but the Frogs blew the Bucs out 7-0. Ed Walsh got his revenge and Walter Johnson got his comeuppance in a rematch from Game 3, taken by Bridgeville. LIVE Christian Yelich was named series MVP as he batted .409/.429/.593.

The Frogs actually rallied from a 3-games-to-1 deficit by winning games five through seven in 5-0, 5-4, and 7-0 fashion. Summoning Chipper Jones for the playoffs also turned out to be an important move for the Frogs; Larry batted .340/.386/.453 with a season-saving Grand Slam in Game 6 of the PL Series.

Other Frogs winning prestigious awards include Stan Coveleski [Pitcher of the Year: 21-3, 2.63 ERA, 8.2 WAR] and John Smoltz [Reliever of the Year: 12-1, 24 SV, 1.54 ERA, 4.3 WAR]. Yogi Berra (Great Bat), Ichiro (Great Glove), and Ed Walsh (Great Glove) also got some hardware. As a whole, the team set a new franchise wins record (127) after setting it at 126 the week before. Also pretty much the best offense the Frogs have ever had, setting numerous team records there. Quite the week for these slippery little guys.
Attached Images

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 01:40 AM   #143
Jackgoboom
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
The Raccoons somehow came out on top this year. We won no major awards (2 great gloves) and made the fewest PP we had in many seasons (only 15k when we've been averaging 25+k), but the championship was especially nice due to surviving The Division of Death.

All 5 teams in our division were playoff level teams. All 5 had won at least 120 games in perfect at least once. All 5 had won a perfect title and combined for 29 perfect titles. 3 of us finished the season tied (with only 100 wins - the other 2 won 90 and 87), with the tiebreaker going to the Raccoons. Denver hadn't won so few games in 30 perfect seasons and we only won this few in our two whale league seasons. It was brutal, but fun (especially when you're the lucky one that finishes on top!).
Congrats You must feel satisfied with the win considering the tough road.

For my lot it was an epic regular season, not so much post season

We won a couple of awards, including Pedro Martinez picking up another Pitcher of the year. Still a memorable season overall.
Jackgoboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 02:18 AM   #144
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

Season 2052 was forgettable for my Xenos. Two seasons removed from a Perfect League WS appearance we finished 74-88 ... despite the additions of 98 Martinez and 98 Vlad Sr. Perhaps it was Mark McGwire fuming on the bench. Allowed to play only against lefties, he went .230 and hit 18 homers in 99 games. Still the Auction House rumors would follow him look a dark cloud throughout the season. My team generates about 7K a week, so I'll be sort of like treading water for a while ... good thing there's tournaments to keep the rest of the Xenos happy.

Vlad Sr. hit .273 with 34 HR and 111 RBI in the clean-up spot. And the other new addition, Pedro Martinez, went 14-12 with a 4.10 ERA.

My Futuros fared even worse. After netting 70 wins in each of the last two season in Perfect, the Futuros somehow completely lost it in the last month. We lost our last 9 games to qualify for Relegation. I seriously have to rethink this team. Even with Rookie Sensations to help, my pack of Future Legends can't hold a candle in Perfect.

Renfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:09 AM   #145
Thornbreaker
Minors (Double A)

Well if that ain't a pleasant surprise this morning. Finally won a PL!!! Dreams can come true.

Thornbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:58 AM   #146
Caedus
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
Doubledays were one of 4 Whales in the AC, unfortunately 3 of the AC whales were in one division and the Doubledays were at the short end of losing in the wildcard.

The Owlz surprised by beating 3 great whale teams to make it to the World Series. Unfortunately since I actually checked the team it all is down hill from here.
Well it helped my Tahiti win my first Perfect League ever (and let's be real probably my only one). Having a team not being focused on hitting helped me manage the lefties.
Old 11-18-2019, 05:01 PM   #147
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Just saw that I had 2 Perfect Series badges and was thinking what? I guess I won yesterday, I wasn't watching it. Also won 123 games too, my best ever. Autopilot looks to be working fine (we're not flying a Boeing).
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:07 PM   #148
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caedus View Post
Well it helped my Tahiti win my first Perfect League ever (and let's be real probably my only one). Having a team not being focused on hitting helped me manage the lefties.
Congrats!

I guess I get an assist?

Last edited by daves; 11-18-2019 at 08:20 PM.
daves is offline   Reply With Quote