Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 02-20-2016, 05:46 PM   #1
dukes
Bat Boy

Create Fictional Team

Relative newbie here, trying to do something over head of my expertise.

I'd like to create a team made up entirely of fictional players. All player ratings and other necessary info such as names, throws/bats, dob, etc. would all be created from scratch. Players would have no historical stats or previous experience as such. But there would be an expectation of performance established for each separate player. For example, John Wayne might play RF and be expected to bat around .320 in a given year. Or Humphrey Bogart might be the staff ace and should win about 22 games if he stays off the DL, etc.

Once the fictional team is built then I'd like to import or otherwise insert it into various OOTP game scenarios and see how they do. For example, play them in a single historical year such as 1927. Or else create a league that starts in 1945 and see how they stack up against The Dodgers over the next 15 years.

I get that files in the stats folder can be customized and I know how to do that. But I'm fuzzy on details such as creating new lahman id's, player id's or which ratings data to modify, etc. I've found some ways to import that work such as exporting league stats to .csv and then copying over an existing team with new data. But that seems a bit clunky and like there ought to be a better way to just import a fictional team into a game and start playing.

Thanks in advance for any much appreciated help. Thank you.

Last edited by dukes; 02-21-2016 at 12:26 PM.
dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 11:35 PM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

2 ways you can do this. Put yourself in Commish Mode
1. Release all players from a real team, Go to Available Actions - Fill Team with Fictional Players.
2. Not sure if this will work in a historical league. Turn off expansion, if you dont the team will disappear after the season. Expand the league by 2 teams, take control of one. You dont have to have an expansion draft and then just fill the teams with fictional players.

How do you like these John Wayne's?
Attached Images
Image Image 
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 12:01 AM   #3
dukes
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
2 ways you can do this. Put yourself in Commish Mode
1. Release all players from a real team, Go to Available Actions - Fill Team with Fictional Players.
2. Not sure if this will work in a historical league. Turn off expansion, if you dont the team will disappear after the season. Expand the league by 2 teams, take control of one. You dont have to have an expansion draft and then just fill the teams with fictional players.

How do you like these John Wayne's?
Thanks for your response. Those are both good solutions and I'll try it.

If I can ask a follow up: How do you then save the fictional team (with players and ratings) and then use them again in a totally different game? I thought it must involve saving .csv files but wasn't sure of the best way to go about it.

Looks like your own John Waynes had pretty good careers of their own ) Thanks again, much appreciated.
dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 02:34 AM   #4
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukes View Post
Thanks for your response. Those are both good solutions and I'll try it.

If I can ask a follow up: How do you then save the fictional team (with players and ratings) and then use them again in a totally different game? I thought it must involve saving .csv files but wasn't sure of the best way to go about it.

Looks like your own John Waynes had pretty good careers of their own ) Thanks again, much appreciated.
That would be a question for Bigrod, Lukasberger, rchw or bluenoser as i have never attempted to use the same team in multiple leagues.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote