Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-16-2019, 09:00 AM   #2521
joehart
All Star Starter

Thank you. The Crusaders should be up and ready by Monday.
We had a few more kids at the house that learned about OOTP by our kids so hopefully they will also be able to join.

It was not long ago that I explained OOTP to my kids (8 and 9 at the time) and now they are already starting to explain it to their friends.
I was surprised at how well they taught it to their friends. Not only did the newcomers get lots of instructions, they left the house with a binder of papers and printouts.
I wish someone got me jumpstarted like this.

Again, Thanks to all of you for putting the OL league together and for all the folks that continue to put so many hours into it.
It has really helped keep our house clean of all the violent games that kids play these days.
On the downside, the list of baseball cards that the kids added to their wishlist has skyrocketed :-)

I am excited for grandparents to arrive this summer. Hearing all these familiar player names from the past will make grandpa very happy.

Good luck in the playoffs!!!!!

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 09:09 AM   #2522
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
We had a few more kids at the house that learned about OOTP by our kids so hopefully they will also be able to join.

It was not long ago that I explained OOTP to my kids (8 and 9 at the time) and now they are already starting to explain it to their friends.
I was surprised at how well they taught it to their friends. Not only did the newcomers get lots of instructions, they left the house with a binder of papers and printouts.

Again, Thanks to all of you for putting the OL league together and for all the folks that continue to put so many hours into it.
It has really helped keep our house clean of all the violent games that kids play these days.
On the downside, the list of baseball cards that the kids added to their wishlist has skyrocketed :-)

I am excited for grandparents to arrive this summer. Hearing all these familiar player names from the past will make grandpa very happy.

Good luck in the playoffs!!!!!
Holy crap...OOTP's gonna be a neighborhood phenomenon! The kids are gonna have the entire block in a league. More people who will just zoom ahead of me in a few weeks

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 09:16 AM   #2523
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
With those points and what they earned for some other things yesterday, they have 13k. They won 119 games this season in Iron. They led all offensive categories except SB and were 2nd there so I am unsure how I will spend them. I am open to suggestions from you and your young men. They are not great on defense but that is not how I am going with my new teams. I am trying some other stuff out instead of my tried and true. They have Gwynne in CF so that is a problem that I need to address some day.

I have my friends option checked so we will be where belong this time I think.

It is funny that you said that....they just admitted yesterday that they have been very focused on one aspect (extreme defense) and have not looked at other ways to win yet. Unfortunately with 2 teams in Diamond/Perfect and 2 OL teams, they are pretty much set in terms of the time they can dedicate to OOTP (mom is the boss and overwrites dads soft heart towards OOTP).

They made plans to revisit this topic towards July (end of school year).
Knowing them, it will take a printer full of ink and several weeks of discussions before they go crazy buying different players.

To make more room for DH hitters, one of the boys started to move Gold Rose to LF.
I don’t believe he will shine as a defender but he should be terrific in terms of offensive contribution.

You have a great problem to have....how to spend those points. Spread the love into several players or get a long term starter or hitter.

Personally, I tend to go for the SP Anderson and SP Splittdorff route. But maybe it is time to go for PP producing Strikeout machines.
Enjoy your Sunday sorting out your team.

I am sure I will find a printout of your teams :-)

Old 06-16-2019, 09:22 AM   #2524
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Gold league playoffs:

Annandale in the AC bracket with home field advantage throughout the playoffs; and Waffletown in the opposite bracket with the 2nd best record in the NC.

(Cooper played spoiler in the final series of the regular season, taking 2 of 3 from Shasta and pushing the Black Bears 1 game out of the final wild card spot)
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 09:24 AM   #2525
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
Holy crap...OOTP's gonna be a neighborhood phenomenon! The kids are gonna have the entire block in a league. More people who will just zoom ahead of me in a few weeks

Don’t get me started. The boss in the house (mom) already told me that the kids have been asking to borrow notebooks and what it would take to get one.

They have been trying to figure out how to play OOTP when they visit friends or camp in the backyard.
I hope Markus and team become the saviors and delivers us a mobile solution soon.

It took several month but I finally saw their friends trade players of the past with them instead of the typical Topps cards. Great moment.

Let’s see how long it takes before they ask for their first retro jersey. With grandpa coming soon, I am sure they will find a new sponsor.

Old 06-16-2019, 10:21 AM   #2526
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
With those points and what they earned for some other things yesterday, they have 13k. They won 119 games this season in Iron. They led all offensive categories except SB and were 2nd there so I am unsure how I will spend them. I am open to suggestions from you and your young men. They are not great on defense but that is not how I am going with my new teams. I am trying some other stuff out instead of my tried and true. They have Gwynne in CF so that is a problem that I need to address some day.
I have my friends option checked so we will be where belong this time I think.
When I have a team that's humming along, I usually don't upgrade - if there's no problems I don't wanna create one! So I'll let them be until they get in trouble. I also do that after the team wins a championship - I figure the players earned the right to go the next year without any interference from me!
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 10:36 AM   #2527
Edster007
All Star Starter

The Boogie Knights are packing their bags and heading to Tacoma after beating New Zealand 5-0 in the Wild Card game.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 10:37 AM   #2528
Magus978
All Star Starter

Reuss Settles Down, then Shuts Down Aztecs as Patriots March to Divisional Round and Into The Endless Summer

Jerry Reuss was a bit shaky going into his first postseason start for the Patriots, but settled down to provide 7 solid innings as the Patriots knocked off the San Diego Aztecs 6-3 to advance to the divisional round, where they will take on the top-seeded Seattle Endless Summer.

Tony Gwynn stole the show for the Patriots, going 4 for 5. Tony Oliva went 2 for 5, hitting a 2-RBI double off of Billy Wagner to seal the deal for New York.

#MarchOfThePatriots
#NeverSayDie

Last edited by Magus978; 06-16-2019 at 10:41 AM.
Old 06-16-2019, 10:59 AM   #2529
Argonaut
All Star Starter

The Vikings brought in Butch Metzger as closer around the All-Star break I think? Maybe a bit later. He ended up with a 0.00 ERA on the year and even won pitcher of the month from the pen. Haha. Good luck in the playoffs all!
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 11:03 AM   #2530
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post

Great Stuff!!

It sounds as if your kids have started the first ever OOTP PT consulting firm!
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 11:37 AM   #2531
Magus978
All Star Starter

Silver .272 Divisional Round
Game 1: New York Patriots @ Seattle Endless Summer

Martinez Wins Pitcher's Duel, Seattle Take Series Lead
In a game where runs were at a premium, Dennis Martinez just squeezed out Ismael Valdez. The man known as "El Presidente" went 8 innings, giving up just 1 run on 3 hits as the Endless Summer put the screws to the Patriots in game 1.

Valdez went 7, giving up 2 runs (1 earned) on 6 hits. Errors were the deciding factor as Al Dark and Adrian Beltre had key miscues, Beltre's being the one that drove in the winning run. It is believed that the manager was very unhappy about this and vowed that Beltre would not be in the field again this series, paving the way for the much more defensively tact Brooks Robinson to play 3rd base with Beltre becoming the DH.

The Patriots will look to even things up in game 2 as they send Joey Hamilton (12-8, 3.10) to the mound against ERA champion Claude Passeau (18-6, 2.58).

W - D. Martinez (1-0)
L - Valdez (0-1)
SV - Borbon (1)

Seattle lead series 1-0

Old 06-16-2019, 12:01 PM   #2532
Charlatan
All Star Starter

B270 Playoffs Update

Redmond wins the wild card game in the AC to advance to the division series.

Daytona Beach downs Little Rock in the NC wild card game to advance.

Three of the four division series have an OL team in it. Will we see another OL world series?
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 12:06 PM   #2533
Magus978
All Star Starter

Silver .272 Division Series
Game 2 (SEA lead 1-0): New York Patriots @ Seattle Endless Summer

Passeau, Endless Summer Cause Endless Problems for Patriots
Continuing a trend set in game 1, Claude Passeau shut down the New York Patriots en route to the Seattle Endless Summer taking an easy win in game 2 5-0, and putting New York on the brink as the series shifts to the Black Hole.

The tactical changes New York implemented had zero effect, as Al Dark once again had his misadventures in the infield, and Joey Hamilton could not keep the good form he possessed coming in.

"I hope the Seattle GM appreciates what we've done for them in terms of points accumulations. A true friend would reciprocate the gesture by letting us have games 3 and 4" Magus was quoted as saying, grasping at straws for a joke to hide his frustration before punching his desk so hard it broke into pieces.

Passeau went 7 innings, giving up just 4 hits. New York's anemic offense has only generated 1 run and 7 hits in 2 games, and that's absolutely not going to get it done at all. The Patriots have already announced that they will send Jerry Reuss out for game 3 on short rest, with desperate times calling for desperate measures. Perhaps they can re-incarnate the '27 Yankees to fix their woeful offense. A zombified Lou Gehrig would be far better than any hitter the Patriots can trot out right now.

W - Passeau (1-0)
L - Hamilton (0-1)

Seattle leads 2-0

Last edited by Magus978; 06-16-2019 at 12:31 PM.
Old 06-16-2019, 12:25 PM   #2534
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
Still need final OL standings for Bronze and Diamond. There needs to be a double check on the P415 standings. The wins and losses don't add up. Unless they the info gets posted in the next hour or so, it could be awhile until they get posted. Thirty-two years ago, on Fathers Day, my first son was born. This is one of the years that his birthday hits on Fathers Day, so I will be baking him a cake soon. Funny, but, he never bakes me one on the off years. By the way, my eldest son was born on my birthday in 1982.

A reminder that playoff games between OL teams should be reported separately from the regular season standings for inclusion in the all time standings. Here's hoping for another OL World Series.
i'll e-mail you the Diamond. So, Perfect is okay now?

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 12:29 PM   #2535
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Redmond Brandishing Bronze

Congratulations.
Attached Images
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 12:35 PM   #2536
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

California's Jump into Our League is Quantom Leap to Crown

First the standings.
Attached Images
Old 06-16-2019, 12:41 PM   #2537
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

And New Quantom Condor Headwear

Congratulations. Needed to trim the space background. Hope that's okay.
Attached Images
Old 06-16-2019, 01:04 PM   #2538
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Awesome. The Perfect League OL competition is just getting started. Now the rest of you have something to chase!

And I am rooting heavily for the promotion of the several excellent diamond OL teams, who seem to be knocking on the door every week. At this rate it won't be long before one of our most full/competitive leagues are at the Perfect level

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 01:06 PM   #2539
Magus978
All Star Starter

Silver .272 Division Series
Game 3 (SEA leads 2-0): Seattle Endless Summer @ New York Patriots

New York's Season Not Quite Endless, Seattle Sweeps To Promotion
Seattle's Hilton Smith made two early runs stick as the Endless Summer put an end to the New York Patriots' promotion hopes with a 2-1 win at the Black Hole to sweep the series 3-0.

Jerry Reuss sees his win and undefeated streaks end despite a 6.2 inning performance where he only gave up 2 runs. Most nights that'd be enough to win, but not when your offense is so bad they generate just 3 runs and 12 hits over 3 games.

"Might as well have just lost in the wildcard round for all the good that did" Magus said, not holding back his boiling frustration over missing out on promotion before saying words that we can't print here and punching multiple holes in the walls of his office.

W - Smith (1-0)
L - Reuss (1-1)
SV - Borbon (3)

Seattle wins series 3-0

Old 06-16-2019, 01:23 PM   #2540
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Virginia, Green Lake, and Ewa Beach! Let's all meet in Perfect next year. Come on!

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote