Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 10-02-2015, 12:02 AM   #1
KJDelaney
All Star Reserve

Jack Eichel Traded Before Season

In my game, he is traded to Florida for Nick Bjugstad and Juho Lammiko
KJDelaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 12:25 AM   #2
Cod
All Star Reserve

Maybe the GM / coach don't like something about him (injury tendency, leadership ability, etc.). Also, remember, the game doesn't view players like you and I do...every player is nothing more than a string of numbers with other numbers for each stat.
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 12:54 AM   #3
KJDelaney
All Star Reserve

You know, I'll give you that.

I have seen with OOTP, at the start of a season, some real life off season moves, had been dealt away at the start of a game.
KJDelaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 01:02 AM   #4
Hoiles
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod View Post
Maybe the GM / coach don't like something about him (injury tendency, leadership ability, etc.). Also, remember, the game doesn't view players like you and I do...every player is nothing more than a string of numbers with other numbers for each stat.
Or maybe the trade AI of this unpatched, second version of this complex game could use some tweaking, nothing unexpected..

Doubt it's some minor scouting or personality detail, this Eichel-Bjugstad+ deal happened in both leagues I started. While Bjugstad's a pretty good prospect in real life and the game (4 stars), Eichel is a generational talent (5.5 stars) and would go for a Lindros-type package. It's a sim game, so semi-realistic transactions should be expected along with realistic numbers; the former is likely a bigger challenge being an AI issue rather than computational.
Hoiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 01:09 AM   #5
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Even when you consider that a player is nothing more then a string of numbers to the AI this is still an awful trade when you look at their "numbers" not to mention their potential.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 01:09 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

There was actually a report going around a few days ago that Tampa considered a Stamkos/Eichel (and presumably something else) offer at some point. But yeah, this isn't great, part of the general problem with teams being too willing to move a player they've recently acquired.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 04:55 AM   #7
pbbm
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Until the AI trade logic gets a little tweaking, would reducing trade frequency work to curb the frequency of 'weird trades'?
pbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 05:00 AM   #8
Cod
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoiles View Post
Or maybe the trade AI of this unpatched, second version of this complex game could use some tweaking, nothing unexpected.
Don't take what I said as gospel...trade AI could always use tweaking. Even the trade logic in OOTP is flawed at times. I just think we need to look at AI trades from a holistic viewpoint. Too many times on these forums, people immediately judge trades solely based on the names of those involved.
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:53 AM   #9
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbbm View Post
Until the AI trade logic gets a little tweaking, would reducing trade frequency work to curb the frequency of 'weird trades'?
The user can drop the trade frequency down himself if he chooses as one if the league options.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 12:02 PM   #10
tarashnat
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
But yeah, this isn't great, part of the general problem with teams being too willing to move a player they've recently acquired.
Anyway, this is sometimes how three way deals are made Team A ships Player X to Team B for Player Y, then Team A ships Player Y to Team C for the Player Z, who they really want, and where Team C is not interested in Player X for whatever reason, or else they would have traded with Team A directly.

Sometimes these kind of deals make sense. As long as they don't happen too often. Maybe a stat for willingness to deal should be assigned to GMs based on historical number of trades (and/or players traded) they made and used by the AI after determining a possible trade offer.
tarashnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 01:11 PM   #11
seven
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
The user can drop the trade frequency down himself if he chooses as one if the league options.
That would be good. But I could not find a trade frequency option under game settings with the league I set up. I am in commissioner mode, but the Edit option under the LEAGUE heading is greyed out.
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 01:13 PM   #12
jldante56
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven View Post
That would be good. But I could not find a trade frequency option under game settings with the league I set up. I am in commissioner mode, but the Edit option under the LEAGUE heading is greyed out.
Think you can only edit league settings on July 1.
jldante56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 03:24 PM   #13
Balerstos
Minors (Rookie Ball)

There seems to be some programming logic of some sort that is causing a lot of the same things to happen in everyone's sim.

This is the third or fourth time I've seen Eichel get traded to Florida (happened in mine too). Seems him, Quick, and Kopitar are all on different teams as of the second season. Kopitar often finding his way to NJ and Quick going to Toronto for Reimer or Lupul seems the most common.

Also, seems like Patrick Kane and Corey Perry are always put on a compliance buyout.

Definitely could use a little tweaking but overall quite fun.
Balerstos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 04:39 PM   #14
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balerstos View Post
There seems to be some programming logic of some sort that is causing a lot of the same things to happen in everyone's sim.
The AI GM's use a set of cases (we need a #1 defenceman, we have two starting goalies, etc.) as a starting point for their trading activity, and those cases have specific requirements on what kind of players to target in return. So with everyone starting from the same point, they'll often make the same early choices from game to game.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 05:40 PM   #15
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
There was actually a report going around a few days ago that Tampa considered a Stamkos/Eichel (and presumably something else) offer at some point. But yeah, this isn't great, part of the general problem with teams being too willing to move a player they've recently acquired.

Word has it Stamkos is OUT in Tampa making him a FA wet dream....Eichel AND Dourin together interesting but I don't think Buffalo wants that kind of money Stamkos wants....

But teams do make deals then make BETTER (well somewhat) deals later on. Take Taylor Beck traded from Nashville to Toronto then he was traded in the off season to the Islanders in a 5-1 exchange. It does happen.....
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:03 PM   #16
Hoiles
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Don't take what I said as gospel...trade AI could always use tweaking. Even the trade logic in OOTP is flawed at times. I just think we need to look at AI trades from a holistic viewpoint. Too many times on these forums, people immediately judge trades solely based on the names of those involved.
You're right, but sometimes it's just the fastest way to look at things
Hoiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 12:30 PM   #17
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

Eichel did NOT get traded in my game...then again, I'm the GM/coach of the Sabres...lol.
Rasmuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:17 PM   #18
Parker27
Minors (Single A)

I have played many seasons and start again and again. Eichel has never been traded :-)
Parker27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 10:57 PM   #19
shinomourikenji
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJDelaney View Post
In my game, he is traded to Florida for Nick Bjugstad and Juho Lammiko
This exact same trade happend in my game, but the game froze and it wasn't in my save, the second play through of the time frame it did not happen.
shinomourikenji is offline   Reply With Quote