Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:50 AM   #1101
JoshEngleman
Minors (Double A)

My player ratings have been a little wonky since I started this sim. Lots of instances of dramatic OVR < POT. I have it set to adjust, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Also, I'm on the latest patch.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:21 AM   #1102
MKG1734
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan777 View Post
Not sure if this is a bug because I'm a little hazy on the rules here (in reality) so correct away if I'm wrong.

When spring training begins everyone from my 40-man roster gets dumped onto my spring training team. Players with minor league contracts get major league contracts and, if they are eligible to do so, refuse reassignment at the end of spring training.

I'm a huge baseball fan, but I can't remember exactly how this works in real life. I was under the impression that plenty of non-major-league contract players could come to spring training and then be sent back to their teams without getting contracts.

Either way, I would like for the game to not just stick all of the 40-man roster players onto the spring squad so that I can keep the players who are out of options sequestered (in case that actually is how the rule works)

Anyways, not sure if this is a bug or a feature but I thought it should get brought up either way because it's frustrating.
Definitely this.
MKG1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 01:07 PM   #1103
earlweaver
Bat Boy

Ever since the newest patch, the game keeps freezing up (not responding) when I play out games manually. I'd say every third game, or thereabouts. No matter how long I let it sit, it never responds. Frustrating.
earlweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 02:30 PM   #1104
ra7c7er
All Star Starter

Not really a bug but HOF voting should be an interrupt-able event. It's to easy to miss the small window in the off-season when simming to the next season.
ra7c7er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 03:18 PM   #1105
C-Man73
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazertaz13 View Post
I am currently playing out my game as manager. I had my pitcher injured during the last out of an inning (while pitching). Why do I have to put another pitcher in his slot before I hit?

The sad part is that he was the forth batter to come up in the inning so either I had to burn him without pitching or allow him to hit.

I just trying to figure out why I couldn't institute a new pitcher when I took the field for the next inning.
Have had the same issue and asked about it here, but go no answer.

One workaround I have discovered is to put a tired starting pitcher (one who pitched the previous game or whatever and thus wouldn't be used) into that spot as a workaround until I can set the lineup the way I want.
C-Man73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 04:26 PM   #1106
JamesMowery
Minors (Single A)

I just noticed when attempting to compare players, and you go to select the option to use your shortlisted players, it will only work with players on your "Default" shortlist. If you have other shortlists, it won't let you select them.

Here's the screen: https://cloudup.com/cX4PaVvdUHe

Please give us access to all our shortlists when wanting to use them for comparing players. It would be massively helpful!
JamesMowery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 06:37 PM   #1107
ra7c7er
All Star Starter

When playing with independent leagues if you don't have a amateur draft the game does not auto generate enough new FA players a year to sustain the league. After roughly ten years your league will run out of players. It's obviously not creating the game suggested 5 players per team. It's not even creating enough players to cover the amount of retiring players.

Found another one

When you get fired you can immediately apply for your job back and you will get it. I just got fired simmed one day ahead and applied for same job on the team that just fired me and the owner hired me. Commissioner mode is off.

Last edited by ra7c7er; 04-29-2015 at 06:58 PM.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:58 PM   #1108
MKG1734
Minors (Triple A)

See attached post: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...8-post127.html
MKG1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 10:32 AM   #1109
CT-Sox-Fan
Minors (Double A)

This seems to have fixed itself after the next sim. Wild Card standings are now calculated correctly. Looking at the pics, it looks like it might be related to having teams tied for the first WC spot? Hard to tell. We have 2 NL teams tied and it looks correct this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT-Sox-Fan View Post
Wild Card playoff standings not correct

MLBD started as a historical league. We've added the 2d wild card along the way. This season, the first with OOTP16, it appears the game is calculating like there are 3 WC teams. The League Settings have not changed and only show 2. Also, it's not a function of the top two being tied as the NL has 3 teams tied for the WC with 3 different W-L records First pic is the playoff structure from league settings. Second is the current AL standings. Third is current NL standings

MLBD- Toronto Blue Jays GM,
FCBL- Baltimore Orioles GM,
EIB- Texas Rangers GM
CT-Sox-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 10:34 AM   #1110
smiller
Major Leagues

Suspended Game Problem

I just had a game suspended in the 9th inning with my starting pitcher still on the mound. Since this was the final game of the series, the game was scheduled to resume 4 months later when the teams next meet. However, when I went to play my next game against a different team, the same starting pitcher was on the mound. He pitched one inning and was then relieved. Is this a bug?
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 10:48 AM   #1111
C-Man73
Minors (Single A)

Slumping pitchers

When a pitcher goes into a slump, what is the best way to "break" him of that? If you keep running him out there, he's going to keep giving up runs. I've had pitchers who go into a slump in August and remain there through the end of the season.

With hitters, at least you can hit them at the bottom of the order and they'll eventually get two hits and break out of it. But with pitchers, continuing to put them on the mound will cost you games.

Any thoughts on this?

Last edited by C-Man73; 04-30-2015 at 10:48 AM. Reason: bad coding
C-Man73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 10:51 PM   #1112
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Park images in an imported league revert to the generic diagram image for the day and night pictures, and the diagram image is blank. The images are impossible to change.

Details and screenshots are in this thread

An affected league file has been uploaded to the FTP server, filename is unable_to_edit_park_images.zip
Old 05-02-2015, 12:30 AM   #1113
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Game won;t let me remove DH. See more here,
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3863189
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 10:46 AM   #1114
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

In a multi-player league, All teams are getting every private message e-mail about team chemistry from every teams Bench coach.

I don't think this is supposed to happen
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 10:50 AM   #1115
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
Mac issue, I want to take a screen shot of the previous play but pressing any of the keys advances to the next batter. It'd be great if modifier keys didn't cause the "press any key" to advance.
MorseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 11:06 AM   #1116
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
Pitcher batting in the 9th inning in a close game...then is lifted for a RP at the start of the next half inning.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
MorseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 04:04 PM   #1117
JamesMowery
Minors (Single A)

On the Strength Overview By Position report, when you attempt to manually sort a column, things are a bit wonky. If you have teams that are tied for something, the sorting takes them out of order and places them on top or bottom, instead of the correct position.

Examples:

Sorted by Team Ranking: https://cloudup.com/c1UbjkmhhOj
Sorted by Organizational Ranking: https://cloudup.com/c5Aq2GckZok

(The "Tied for __" bits are out of place.)

But if you don't attempt to manually sort a column, then it will appear correctly, like here on the Team Ranking: https://cloudup.com/cLEB288PFdJ
JamesMowery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:40 PM   #1118
ra7c7er
All Star Starter

When offering extensions "the money left for extensions if signed line" doesn't show you the correct amount. Even after hitting ask for response.

Old 05-02-2015, 08:59 PM   #1119
ScottM816
Minors (Double A)

Moreland pinch hit for SS Alberto, then it said Corporan was inserted at C, but it was actually Leonys Martin at catcher (who's never played there before) and in the bottom of the 9th, Alberto was in there at SS.
Attached Images
ScottM816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 02:46 AM   #1120
megamanmatt
Hall Of Famer

Duplicate leaderboards in team batting leaders.
Attached Images
"The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles, where there are no lakes; The Oilers moved to Tennessee where there is no oil; the Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music; The Oakland Raiders moved to Los Angeles and then back to Oakland, no one in Los Angeles seemed to notice."

Note to self: Princess Kenny was really off-putting.
megamanmatt is offline   Reply With Quote