Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 04-25-2015, 01:04 PM   #1061
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunningrb View Post
Were the White Sox also off on the 25th?
��no...they weren't. I'm dumb .
MorseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 05:12 PM   #1062
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbmike View Post
I imported a custom league with custom logos/uniforms from OOT15. No matter what I do the game does not keep my custom jerseys/caps. It appears so far that this is only happening for the home jerseys/caps.
Bump this. Please work on it.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 05:33 PM   #1063
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Here's one thing that I noticed and that I am going to try. I went to my C:\Users\Bruce\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 16\saved_games\Major League Baseball.lg\jerseys folder. In there, there are files that are dated up to two weeks ago.

How can that be if I just got done updating my uniforms? Isn't this the folder in which images that you load from the main jerseys folder reside for use in your game?

So, in the saved games jersey folder, I wiped out all the files (including garbage files that the game made for non-existent teams) and I am repopulating it with jerseys saved when I go to load them from my customizations folder.

I am doing the same for my saved games ballcaps folder and I am taking careful note of the files as to showing the proper uniform and date/time stamp. Because, when the game seems to reset these, the files do match as to blank or generic uniforms and the date/time stamps are funny, as I said.

We will see about this.

- Bru

Old 04-25-2015, 05:52 PM   #1064
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

OK, I'm done and here we ago. See below. Every uniform is vintage early-1900's, as I want them, and every file is dated correctly. Now let's see what the heck happens in this folder the next time the game decides to reset these uniforms.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

- Bru

Old 04-25-2015, 07:19 PM   #1065
jabrown6940
Minors (Triple A)

Game suspended in tenth inning on 10/7/1901. After doing "AUTO PLAY ...until tomorrow" go back to see that the game was completed on 10/7/1901.
Attached Images
jabrown6940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 08:27 PM   #1066
seven
All Star Reserve

Performance of the Day after a doubleheader

When reporting performances of the day on a day that includes a doubleheader, a player's performance across both games of a doubleheader gets reported. In the example below, Abraham Almonte and Core Dickerson both have their performances totalled across two games.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 10:14 PM   #1067
lejdot
Minors (Single A)

my saved game continues to crash when it gets to the 'loading default text' portion of the loading process,

I also tried to uninstall and it would not allow me.

However, when I try to start a new game, I am permitted, anyway i can not lose my saved game? Ive made it to 2030 and would hate to have to start all over again.
lejdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 01:03 AM   #1068
DropkickJeremy
Bat Boy

The last 4 times I've been attempting to create my own fully fictional league, it locks up on me when I'm typing in team names. The first two times it happened when I was entering minor league team names, and the last one I was finishing typing my last major league team name and it freezes. It doesn't say not responding or anything, but the last letter of the name I was typing didnt get typed. Like it froze as I was typing. The only way for me to close out is to end task, but it's really frustrating getting all my teams typed in just for it to freeze. Then I have no choice but to end task, open the game again and start a brand new league and try again. Any help is appreciated. Running on windows 8.1.
DropkickJeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 03:02 AM   #1069
Saul Goodman
Minors (Double A)

Still getting this in latest patch.

Mexican team signed a player to an 18m pear year contract, Italian team signed a player to a 3.8m per year contract. Independent and ABL teams signing players to 700k+ contracts.

It's just putting some teams into a constant financial blackhole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Goodman View Post
Noticed that some ABL are re-signing some players for a ridiculous amount (4x what their revenue is) which obviously is causing a problem.

I would upload a ftp but it's telling me it would take 7+ hours to upload and don't have the time tonight but I'll try and upload the save tomorrow when I get up, but I've put some screenshots up here in the meantime to demonstrate the issue.

Long has played 4 seasons in ABL (signed 800k deal after 3 full seasons)
Optiz has played 3 seasons in ABL (signed 800k deal after 2 full seasons)
Sookee has played 3 seasons in ABL (signed 800k deal after 2 full seasons)
Rivera has played 0 seasons in ABL (signed 480k deal 3 months after becoming free agent from American independent league)

As you can see on my financials screen there's no way a 800k+ contract should be getting handed out in the league. Even 90k contract is a bit high, but that one isn't a big issue as it's much closer to what the contract values should be.

On another note with ABL, while it might not be the 'official' rules might be worth restricting the number of foreign players on the active roster in the ABL as it seems to get really out of control after a couple of years. AI controlled teams just keep signing marginal foreign players and pushing out all Australian players from the active roster when in reality most ABL teams have at least a few Australian players on there.

EDIT: Checking some of the other leagues, and 3 Frontier League teams just signed 3 free agents (all previously played in independent leagues) for 3.8m, 494k and 484k respectively. Also a team from the Pecos League signed a free agent (never played above AA) for 489k.

EDIT2: Sped up and looks like the upload to the ftp finished, uploaded file is under the name SaulGoodmanSave
Saul Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 09:16 AM   #1070
RevRedbird23
Minors (Single A)

The newest version of the game is causing instability. I'm getting play by play hangups where the game is (not working) for hours and never responds. I'm using 3D stadiums, maybe that's an issue. But it wasn't until the latest update.

Also when a pitcher's spot is empty and that spots turn to to pitch comes up I get a warning box that I am missing a pitcher and then it crashes to desktop.

Windows 7
AMD Athlon Dual Core Processor 4850e

Really old computer, but it's been working fine.
RevRedbird23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 10:19 AM   #1071
jabrown6940
Minors (Triple A)

George may not be okay after all. He thinks Davey Crockett the first baseman that Gleason was throwing to beaned him.
Attached Images
jabrown6940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 10:48 AM   #1072
lt2cents
Minors (Triple A)

Scoring problem - run charged to wrong pitcher.

Forget this as program problem it --- it is not -- received explanation below.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runner on 2B- when reliever enters game.

Next batter reaches but runner is thrown out at home.

Later the batter scores and run is charged to reliever.

I think this run should be charged to the earlier pitcher.

( Could a scoring expert confirm / disaffirm this ? thanks )

Last edited by lt2cents; 04-26-2015 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Recieved correct explanation
lt2cents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 12:49 PM   #1073
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
OK, I'm done and here we ago. See below. Every uniform is vintage early-1900's, as I want them, and every file is dated correctly. Now let's see what the heck happens in this folder the next time the game decides to reset these uniforms.
Well, I have my answers and I don't like them. The problem continues unabated.

I went to the St. Louis Cardinals uniform screen and the home uniform had reset (first screen print). I visited a player (George) that I had seen before, and his uniform was still vintage (second screen print). I chose another player that I had not seen before (Champlin) and saw that his uniform had reset to the default version (third screen print).

Next, I said to myself, what if I had not gone to the uniform editing screen? Did I cause the resetting by my doing that? The answer is no, after I visited a new player on the Pittsburgh Pirates and saw a default uniform.

Here's the kicker. I don't know how this is possible, but the reset jersey images STILL HAVE THE SAME TIME STAMP AS YESTERDAY but have been definitely altered back to default. Compare this (fourth and fifth screen prints) to what I posted yesterday. How does the image change without updating the time stamp?

Well, I'm not going to be one of those whiners who drop the game over a minor flaw. However, I will be suspending my ficitional-historical league until this gets fixed. Hopefully somebody will PM me at that time to let me know. Until then, I will go with a fictional-modern league that uses the uniforms straight out of the box.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 

- Bru

Old 04-26-2015, 01:20 PM   #1074
dunningrb
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt2cents View Post
Runner on 2B- when reliever enters game.

Next batter reaches but runner is thrown out at home.

Later the batter scores and run is charged to reliever.

I think this run should be charged to the earlier pitcher.

( Could a scoring expert confirm / disaffirm this ? thanks )
The run should be charged to the reliever, because the runner on second was not retired due to fielder's choice. The rule is 10.16(g):

"(g) When pitchers are changed during an inning, the official scorer shall not charge the relief pitcher with any run (earned or unearned) scored by a runner who was on base at the time such relief pitcher entered the game, nor for runs scored by any runner who reaches base on a fielder's choice that puts out a runner left on base by any preceding pitcher."

Under the comments for this rule is example 7, which is essentially identical to your situation:

"(7) Peter is pitching. Abel reaches first base on a base on balls. Roger relieves Peter. Baker singles, but Abel is out trying to reach third base and Baker advances to second base on the throw. Charlie singles, scoring Baker. Baker’'s run is charged to Roger."

In your situation, the batter does not reach base on a fielder's choice that retired the runner, so the relief pitcher is held responsible for allowing him to reach base, and therefore he is the pitcher charged with the run.
Old 04-26-2015, 01:31 PM   #1075
lt2cents
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunningrb View Post
The run should be charged to the reliever, because the runner on second was not retired due to fielder's choice. The rule is 10.16(g):

"(g) When pitchers are changed during an inning, the official scorer shall not charge the relief pitcher with any run (earned or unearned) scored by a runner who was on base at the time such relief pitcher entered the game, nor for runs scored by any runner who reaches base on a fielder's choice that puts out a runner left on base by any preceding pitcher."

Under the comments for this rule is example 7, which is essentially identical to your situation:

"(7) Peter is pitching. Abel reaches first base on a base on balls. Roger relieves Peter. Baker singles, but Abel is out trying to reach third base and Baker advances to second base on the throw. Charlie singles, scoring Baker. Baker’'s run is charged to Roger."

In your situation, the batter does not reach base on a fielder's choice that retired the runner, so the relief pitcher is held responsible for allowing him to reach base, and therefore he is the pitcher charged with the run.
Thank you for the explanation -- the game has it right then-- my memory of reading the rule book 45 years ago is obviously shaky.
lt2cents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 02:46 PM   #1076
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, I have my answers and I don't like them. The problem continues unabated.

I went to the St. Louis Cardinals uniform screen and the home uniform had reset (first screen print). I visited a player (George) that I had seen before, and his uniform was still vintage (second screen print). I chose another player that I had not seen before (Champlin) and saw that his uniform had reset to the default version (third screen print).

Next, I said to myself, what if I had not gone to the uniform editing screen? Did I cause the resetting by my doing that? The answer is no, after I visited a new player on the Pittsburgh Pirates and saw a default uniform.

Here's the kicker. I don't know how this is possible, but the reset jersey images STILL HAVE THE SAME TIME STAMP AS YESTERDAY but have been definitely altered back to default. Compare this (fourth and fifth screen prints) to what I posted yesterday. How does the image change without updating the time stamp?

Well, I'm not going to be one of those whiners who drop the game over a minor flaw. However, I will be suspending my ficitional-historical league until this gets fixed. Hopefully somebody will PM me at that time to let me know. Until then, I will go with a fictional-modern league that uses the uniforms straight out of the box.
A buddy of mine (he is now! ) suggested a workaround. If it works, I owe him my league. I want to let a day go by, though, just to check if somehow that matters. As the [General Discussions] thread title says, I encounter this problem daily and I want to see if "daily" matters.

- Bru

Old 04-26-2015, 02:56 PM   #1077
CT-Sox-Fan
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumPackage View Post
Greetings,
I've been in an online league since OOTP13 and for some reason, just recently, my export with this league has gotten extremely large, taking nearly 10 minutes to export compared to a few seconds previously.

The commish says my export is 44mb compared to everyone else's being 200kb...I've never had this issue before and am not sure where to start.

I use a mac and downloaded the latest patch just to make sure but still the same issues. I've also deleted the league folder and started that over with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated otherwise I may get the boot from the league as the commish won't accept it being so large. Thanks.
We had this happen in MLBD last year. You'll need Markus to run his magic on it to fix the team. Pm him (commissioner pm him actually) and he'll give you instructions to upload a league file and he'll get it fixed. It will take a few days and the league will have to be on hold while it gets fixed. If you don't it will keep getting bigger.

MLBD- Toronto Blue Jays GM,
FCBL- Baltimore Orioles GM,
EIB- Texas Rangers GM
CT-Sox-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 03:02 PM   #1078
CT-Sox-Fan
Minors (Double A)

In Major League Baseball Dreams we are getting occasional groups of "Jim Unknown" players in minor leagues after finishing a weekly sim. Sims run Sun-Sun with the default save. The unknown players show up on just one or two minor league teams (out of the whole league with full minors), and seem to go away after a sim or two. I can confirm that they are bogus players who were not there, as I have a backup each sim to refer back to. On this morning's sim all of the player's minor leaguers were accounted for and in AAA there were 3 x Jim Unknown.

For now I've just told everyone to ignore them. Probably something that needs to be addressed though. It wasn't happening before patch 3. It happens with both patch 3 and patch 4 Hope that helps track it down

MLBD- Toronto Blue Jays GM,
FCBL- Baltimore Orioles GM,
EIB- Texas Rangers GM

Last edited by CT-Sox-Fan; 04-26-2015 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Edited because I can't spell Unknown :-)
CT-Sox-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:24 PM   #1079
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
A buddy of mine (he is now! ) suggested a workaround. If it works, I owe him my league. I want to let a day go by, though, just to check if somehow that matters. As the [General Discussions] thread title says, I encounter this problem daily and I want to see if "daily" matters.
Unfortunately, I don't have to wait until tomorrow. I played OOTPB for several hours, purposely ending and restarting the game to test a theory. Just now, I saw that the St. Louis Cardinals had reset to default uniforms again (see my previous threads).

My buddy's suggestion was to see if "the graphics folders within 'saved_games' are checked only after the save folders in the parent game. And if the graphic in the parent folder is different than the 'saved_games' folder of the same name, then problems happen." To get around this, he proposed that I "REMOVE, or less destructive, RENAME the corresponding file related to the one in the folder of the same name in your 'saved_games' folder and see if anything changes?"

That rang a bell because, as you saw from my samples, I am using a modified historical MLB setup in which all of the team names are the same as those of today. So, could I have been confusing the game by loading different uniforms than the modern ones in the default folders?

The answer is "No." I removed all of those modern uniform files and I was hoping that would do the trick. Until now.

My historical-fictional league is on hold. I really hope this gets fixed in a patch to this version. Meanwhile, I will think about a modern-fictional league in which I can use the canned uniforms.

Seems a shame that I cannot use some really fine uni-mods. I am not alone in my disappointment.

- Bru

Old 04-26-2015, 09:53 PM   #1080
bgerjets
Bat Boy

Loaded pictures do not appear in all screens

I have a player picture pack and have loaded the pictures but about 10% of the players still show facegen pictures on certain screens including the game screen itself. How do I fix?? Any help is appreciated!
bgerjets is offline   Reply With Quote