Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - Dynasty Reports

FHM 5 - Dynasty Reports Talk about your FHM 5 dynasties here!

Old 10-05-2018, 08:12 PM   #1
Cygnusx1018
Minors (Rookie Ball)

History of the NHL

December 5, 1917. This was the date that the NHL was born. I am Commissioner Denis Cygnus, and my role in the National Hockey League is to record all happenings throughout this league's history.

1917-18 SEASON INTRO NOTES:
In its inaugural season, The NHL has 4 teams. Here are introductions for each team.

MONTREAL WANDERERS: The Wanderers' best players are D Dave Ritchie, RW George Carey, LW Jack McDonald, and C Billy Bell. None of them are bad at all, but there is no real star power here. The Wanderers do have an exciting prospect however, in G George Hainsworth, who will be lining up as their backup goalie this year. Hainsworth is nothing special at th moment, but he has the potential to be one of the best goalies in the NHL's history. The question is whether he will hit that potential as a Wanderer or not. Expect this tea, to finish last.

MONTREAL CANADIENS: Newsy Lalonde centering Joe Malone and Didier Pitre makes up the best line in hockey at the moment. Defensemen Bert Corbeau and Billy Coutu should be some of the best blueliners in this inaugural season. All that along with the outstanding Georges Vezina in goal makes the Canadiens the best team in hockey.

TORONTO ARENAS: Leading the Arenas are G Hap Holmes, C Reg Noble, and D Harry Cameron, a Defenseman who plays very solid offense in what could become a new breed of hockey player. Noble is only 21 years old, but he should challenge for the league lead in scoring. The Arenas could go far.

OTTAWA SENATORS: The Senators have a lot of talent. C Frank Nighbor and LW Cy Denneny will be dazzling together, while G Clint Benedict is a bona fide star. The Sens could very well challenge the Habs for top of the league.

The Stanley Cup will be awarded to the winner of an inter-league series between the National Hockey League and the Western Canada Hockey League.

The teams of the WCHL are the Portland Rosebuds, the Vancouver Millionaires, and the Seattle Metropolitans.

As my role is to cover the NHL, I will not be going into affairs of the WCHL, except for the Stanley Cup Final.

Draft: The NHL has adopted an Entry Draft that will be used to add young rookies to the league on an annual basis. The WCHL, however declined to adopt a draft, so those teams must acquire new players via free agency.

Rules: The WCHL plays 7 man hockey, using the Rover position. The Stanley Cup Final goes by NHL rules, so the Rover will not be included in those games.
Both the NHL and WCHL playoffs have the top two teams play a two game total goals series for the league championship. The Stanley Cup Final is a best of 5 series.

Notable prospects: 17 year old Goalie John Ross Roach is expected to be a high pick in this year's draft. Roach has the potential to become a star.

1917-18 SEASON PREVIEW:

With the National Hockey League season about to get underway, the early Stanley Cup favorites appear to be the Montreal Canadiens, led by C Newsy Lalonde. The Habs have built a squad that will be the team to beat this year, but they can expect challenges from Frank Nighbor's Ottawa Senators and Toronto, featuring G Hap Holmes.

The scoring race will likely see Montreal's Newsy Lalonde challenged by teammate Joe Malone and Ottawa's Frank Nighbor.

The top Defenseman in the league is generally considered to be Toronto Arenas blue liner Harry Cameron, with The Canadiens duo of Bert Corbeau and Billy Coutu also in the running.

Finally, among goaltenders, Georges Vezina stands out as the league's best, while Arenas G Hap Holmes and Clint Benedict of Ottawa can also steal games for their teams.
Cygnusx1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 08:12 PM   #2
Cygnusx1018
Minors (Rookie Ball)

1917-18 REGULAR SEASON:
The first ever game of the NHL was played on December 19, 1917 between the Canadiens and the Senators. The game was a 6-6 tie in a rough contest for both goalies. LW Louis Berlinquette scored the first ever NHL goal, and went on to have a hat trick. C Eddie Lowrey scored the first goal in Senators history. Senators LW Cy Denneny scored the final goal of the game.

At New Years, the Montreal Canadiens have the league's top record, with an outstanding 6-0-1 record. Since the opening tie, the Canadiens have won all of their games.

Newsy Lalonde has been having an unreal start in these first 7 games. Lalonde has put up 10 goals and 13 assists for an outstanding 23 points!

Surprisingly, Vezina has been splitting goaltending time with backup Bill Laird. Despite only making 3 appearances thus far, Vezina has had 2 shutouts, and is the only goalie with a Goals Against Average of less than 3.00!

On January 22, 1918, the first trade in NHL history has been completed! It is a minor one, but I will make note of it regardless as it is the first. The Senators send LW Hamby Shore to the Arenas in exchange for G Claude Wilson and RW Jack Fournier. Hamby has been playing on the bottom line, as has Fournier, while Wilson has not been playing in the NHL this year, and probably won't progress that much.

FINAL STANDINGS: GP W L T PTS
1. MTL: 24 18 5 1 37
2. OTT: 24 15 7 2 32
3. TOR: 24 11 12 1 23
4. WDR: 24 2 22 0 4

The Canadiens finish in 1st with 37 points, and Ottawa finishes in 2nd with 32 points. These two teams will play each other in a 2 game total goals series for the right to challenge for the Stanley Cup. The Wanderers win only 2 games!

SCORING LEADERS:
GOALS:
MTL C N. Lalonde 35
MTL LW L. Berlinquette 21
MTL RW D. Pitre 21

ASSISTS:
MTL C N. Lalonde 36
OTT C F. Nighbor 34
MTL D B. Corbeau 31

OTT C F. Nighbor 50
MTL RW D. Pitre 48

Newsy Lalonde is clearly in a league of his own, although linemate Didier Pitre and fellow Hart Trophy nominees Frank Nighbor and Cy Denneny of the Senators are no slouches either.

GOALIE LEADERS:
WINS:
OTT C. Benedict 15
TOR H. Holmes 11
MTL G. Vezina 10

SV PCT:
MTL B. Laird .876
OTT C. Benedict .855
TOR H. Holmes .839

GAA:
MTL B. Laird 3.26
MTL G. Vezina 3.85
OTT C. Benedict 4.03

The expected are all present, although Bill Laird was a big surprise. Vezina would have been a lot higher if he played more, but Laird was very admirable in his absence.
Old 10-05-2018, 10:50 PM   #3
Cygnusx1018
Minors (Rookie Ball)

1917-18 PLAYOFFS:

WCHL: Vancouver Millionaires vs Seattle Metropolitans
VANCOUVER WINS 8-5

NHL: The Habs are the heavy favorites for a 2 game total goals series against the Senators. Newsy Lalonde and Joe Malone should strike hard for them, while Frank Nighbor and Cy Denneny are the Sens best chances.

Game 1: 6-3 MTL
Didier Pitre scored the game winner and Bill Cook had two assists to lead the Habs to the win. Clint Benedict was pulled after giving up 5 goals in the 2nd Period.

Game 2: 7-2 OTT
The Senators shock the hockey world and explode in game two to win the series! Dick Irvin had 2 goals, and Eddie Gerard had a goal and three assists. In the opposite of game 1, Georges Vezina had to be pulled after giving up six.

SENATORS WIN 10-8

Last edited by Cygnusx1018; 10-06-2018 at 12:59 AM.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:01 PM   #4
JaytheGreat
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm a huge fan of George Bell's History of the NHL on FHM 4, so I will definitely be keeping up with this one as well. Just have to wait a couple of years for the Red Wings to pop up.
JaytheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 11:05 PM   #5
JaytheGreat
Minors (Rookie Ball)

What a series by Ottawa! I know they only finished 5 points behind the Canadians, but Montreal look like by far and away the best team in hockey.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:14 PM   #6
Cygnusx1018
Minors (Rookie Ball)

2018 STANLEY CUP FINAL:

OTTAWA SENATORS (NHL) VS VANCOUVER MILLIONAIRES (WCHL)

PREVIEW:
GOALIES:
Vancouver: Hugh Lehman
Ottawa: Clint Benedict

STARS:
Vancouver: Cyclone Taylor
Ottawa: Frank Nighbor

This will be an interesting series. Both teams are missing one of their biggest stars, the Millionaires with Mickey McKay's sprained ankle, and the Senators with Cy Denneny's allergic reaction. Frank Nighbor is playing against his former team. As they were able to topple Newsy Lalonde and the Canadiens, I've got to give Ottawa the edge here.

GAME 1: 3-2 OTT (OT)
After a close and physical game, it was 3rd line Center Jack Adams who scored the overtime winner.

GAME 2: 8-6 OTT
This game was much higher scoring. Vancouver's Cyclone Taylor was deadly, with 2 goals and an assist, but it wasn't enough to stop a combined 4 goals from Jack Darragh and Buck Boucher of the Sens. Both goalies were chased out of the net, but the NHL team proved superior.

GAME 3: 5-4 OTT (OT)
In the most important game of the season, both teams showed up strong. Taylor was on his game yet again, with help from Duke Keats and Sprague Cleghorn. On Ottawa's end, Goldie Prodger and Jack Darragh added numbers to the scoreboard, backed by Eddie Gerard's 4 assists to send the game to overtime. The hero would be Dick Irvin, off passes form Adams and Gerard to give the Ottawa Senators the NHL's first ever Stanley Cup!

1917-18 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS: OTTAWA SENATORS
Old 10-06-2018, 12:53 AM   #7
Cygnusx1018
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaytheGreat View Post
I'm a huge fan of George Bell's History of the NHL on FHM 4, so I will definitely be keeping up with this one as well. Just have to wait a couple of years for the Red Wings to pop up.
Yeah, I have been following George's run as well. It inspired me to do this and I am modeling my log off of that. I am trying to flesh out the world a bit more in my commentary, so there will be less talk about it as a simulation and more as if it was real life. I hope you enjoy this one! I'll have to wait much longer for my team than you, I'm an Isles fan. Thank you so much for following, and I'll try to live up to expectations

Last edited by Cygnusx1018; 10-06-2018 at 12:55 AM.
Old 10-06-2018, 03:32 PM   #8
Cygnusx1018
Minors (Rookie Ball)

FHM5 HISTORICAL REPLAY: 1917-18

December 5, 1917. This was the date that the NHL was born. I am Commissioner Denis Cygnus, and my role in the National Hockey League is to record all happenings throughout this league's history.

1917-18 SEASON INTRO NOTES:
In its inaugural season, The NHL has 4 teams. Here are introductions for each team.

MONTREAL WANDERERS: The Wanderers' best players are D Dave Ritchie, RW George Carey, LW Jack McDonald, and C Billy Bell. None of them are bad at all, but there is no real star power here. The Wanderers do have an exciting prospect however, in G George Hainsworth, who will be lining up as their backup goalie this year. Hainsworth is nothing special at th moment, but he has the potential to be one of the best goalies in the NHL's history. The question is whether he will hit that potential as a Wanderer or not. Expect this tea, to finish last.

MONTREAL CANADIENS: Newsy Lalonde centering Joe Malone and Didier Pitre makes up the best line in hockey at the moment. Defensemen Bert Corbeau and Billy Coutu should be some of the best blueliners in this inaugural season. All that along with the outstanding Georges Vezina in goal makes the Canadiens the best team in hockey.

TORONTO ARENAS: Leading the Arenas are G Hap Holmes, C Reg Noble, and D Harry Cameron, a Defenseman who plays very solid offense in what could become a new breed of hockey player. Noble is only 21 years old, but he should challenge for the league lead in scoring. The Arenas could go far.

OTTAWA SENATORS: The Senators have a lot of talent. C Frank Nighbor and LW Cy Denneny will be dazzling together, while G Clint Benedict is a bona fide star. The Sens could very well challenge the Habs for top of the league.

The Stanley Cup will be awarded to the winner of an inter-league series between the National Hockey League and the Western Canada Hockey League.

The teams of the WCHL are the Portland Rosebuds, the Vancouver Millionaires, and the Seattle Metropolitans.

As my role is to cover the NHL, I will not be going into affairs of the WCHL, except for the Stanley Cup Final.

Draft: The NHL has adopted an Entry Draft that will be used to add young rookies to the league on an annual basis. The WCHL, however declined to adopt a draft, so those teams must acquire new players via free agency.

Rules: The WCHL plays 7 man hockey, using the Rover position. The Stanley Cup Final goes by NHL rules, so the Rover will not be included in those games.
Both the NHL and WCHL playoffs have the top two teams play a two game total goals series for the league championship. The Stanley Cup Final is a best of 5 series.

Notable prospects: 17 year old Goalie John Ross Roach is expected to be a high pick in this year's draft. Roach has the potential to become a star.

1917-18 SEASON PREVIEW:

With the National Hockey League season about to get underway, the early Stanley Cup favorites appear to be the Montreal Canadiens, led by C Newsy Lalonde. The Habs have built a squad that will be the team to beat this year, but they can expect challenges from Frank Nighbor's Ottawa Senators and Toronto, featuring G Hap Holmes.

The scoring race will likely see Montreal's Newsy Lalonde challenged by teammate Joe Malone and Ottawa's Frank Nighbor.

The top Defenseman in the league is generally considered to be Toronto Arenas blue liner Harry Cameron, with The Canadiens duo of Bert Corbeau and Billy Coutu also in the running.

Finally, among goaltenders, Georges Vezina stands out as the league's best, while Arenas G Hap Holmes and Clint Benedict of Ottawa can also steal games for their teams.

1917-18 REGULAR SEASON:
The first ever game of the NHL was played on December 19, 1917 between the Canadiens and the Senators. The game was a 6-6 tie in a rough contest for both goalies. LW Louis Berlinquette scored the first ever NHL goal, and went on to have a hat trick. C Eddie Lowrey scored the first goal in Senators history. Senators LW Cy Denneny scored the final goal of the game.

At New Years, the Montreal Canadiens have the league's top record, with an outstanding 6-0-1 record. Since the opening tie, the Canadiens have won all of their games.

Newsy Lalonde has been having an unreal start in these first 7 games. Lalonde has put up 10 goals and 13 assists for an outstanding 23 points!

Surprisingly, Vezina has been splitting goaltending time with backup Bill Laird. Despite only making 3 appearances thus far, Vezina has had 2 shutouts, and is the only goalie with a Goals Against Average of less than 3.00!

On January 22, 1918, the first trade in NHL history has been completed! It is a minor one, but I will make note of it regardless as it is the first. The Senators send LW Hamby Shore to the Arenas in exchange for G Claude Wilson and RW Jack Fournier. Hamby has been playing on the bottom line, as has Fournier, while Wilson has not been playing in the NHL this year, and probably won't progress that much.

1. MTL: 24 18 5 1 37
2. OTT: 24 15 7 2 32
3. TOR: 24 11 12 1 23
4. WDR: 24 2 22 0 4

The Canadiens finish in 1st with 37 points, and Ottawa finishes in 2nd with 32 points. These two teams will play each other in a 2 game total goals series for the right to challenge for the Stanley Cup. The Wanderers win only 2 games!

SCORING LEADERS:
GOALS:
MTL C N. Lalonde 35
MTL LW L. Berlinquette 21
MTL RW D. Pitre 21

ASSISTS:
MTL C N. Lalonde 36
OTT C F. Nighbor 34
MTL D B. Corbeau 31

OTT C F. Nighbor 50
MTL RW D. Pitre 48

Newsy Lalonde is clearly in a league of his own, although linemate Didier Pitre and fellow Hart Trophy nominees Frank Nighbor and Cy Denneny of the Senators are no slouches either.

GOALIE LEADERS:
WINS:
OTT C. Benedict 15
TOR H. Holmes 11
MTL G. Vezina 10

SV PCT:
MTL B. Laird .876
OTT C. Benedict .855
TOR H. Holmes .839

GAA:
MTL B. Laird 3.26
MTL G. Vezina 3.85
OTT C. Benedict 4.03

The expected are all present, although Bill Laird was a big surprise. Vezina would have been a lot higher if he played more, but Laird was very admirable in his absence.

1917-18 PLAYOFFS:
WCHL: Vancouver Millionaires vs Seattle Metropolitans
VANCOUVER WINS 8-5

NHL: The Habs are the heavy favorites for a 2 game total goals series against the Senators. Newsy Lalonde and Joe Malone should strike hard for them, while Frank Nighbor and Cy Denneny are the Sens best chances.

Game 1: 6-3 MTL
Didier Pitre scored the game winner and Bill Cook had two assists to lead the Habs to the win. Clint Benedict was pulled after giving up 5 goals in the 2nd Period.

Game 2: 7-2 OTT
The Senators shock the hockey world and explode in game two to win the series! Rick Irvin had 2 goals, and Eddie Gerard had a goal and three assists. In the opposite of game 1, George's Vezina had to be pulled after giving up six.

SENATORS WIN 10-8

2018 STANLEY CUP FINAL:

OTTAWA SENATORS (NHL) VS VANCOUVER MILLIONAIRES (WCHL)

PREVIEW:
GOALIES:
Vancouver: Hugh Lehman
Ottawa: Clint Benedict

STARS:
Vancouver: Cyclone Taylor
Ottawa: Frank Nighbor

This will be an interesting series. Both teams are missing one of their biggest stars, the Millionaires with Mickey McKay's sprained ankle, and the Senators with Cy Denneny's allergic reaction. Frank Nighbor is playing against his former team. As they were able to topple Newsy Lalonde and the Canadiens, I've got to give Ottawa the edge here.

GAME 1: 3-2 OTT (OT)
After a close and physical game, it was 3rd line Center Jack Adams who scored the overtime winner.

GAME 2: 8-6 OTT
This game was much higher scoring. Vancouver's Cyclone Taylor was deadly, with 2 goals and an assist, but it wasn't enough to stop a combined 4 goals from Jack Darragh and Buck Boucher of the Sens. Both goalies were chased out of the net, but the NHL team proved superior.

GAME 3: 5-4 OTT (OT)
In the most important game of the season, both teams showed up strong. Taylor was on his game yet again, with help from Duke Keats and Sprague Cleghorn. On Ottawa's end, Goldie Prodger and Jack Darragh added numbers to the scoreboard, backed by Eddie Gerard's 4 assists to send the game to overtime. The hero would be Dick Irvin, off passes form Adams and Gerard to give the Ottawa Senators the NHL's first ever Stanley Cup!

1917-18 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS: OTTAWA SENATORS

1918 OFFSEASON:
In a decision that surprises nobody, Montreal Canadiens C Newsy Lalonde has won the Hart Trophy for NHL MVP. His 71 points in 24 games was far and away the best of the league. He easily beat out nominees Nighbor and Denneny.

The first ever retirement in NHL history has occurred, as 36 year old Montreal Canadiens Defenseman Joe Hall is hanging up the skates. Hall announced today that he didn't feel he was up to the rigors of another season, and decided to move on with his life.

BREAKING NEWS: The Montreal Wanderers have folded from the NHL after playing one season. The franchise was marred with bad luck, from their arena burning down to their pitiful record of 2 wins. The NHL will continue with 3 teams for the 1918-19 season.

BREAKING NEWS: The Portland Rosebuds have folded from the WCHL. The Victoria Aristocrats will join the league in their place.

The NHL has announced that it has changed the format of their championship series to a best of 7 series.

The Canadiens have made a big splash, as Vancouver Millionaires star goalie Hugh Lehman announced that he is leaving the team, becoming hockey's first ever free agent. Montreal was quick to sign the 32 year old Lehman to a 3 year, $7,200 contract. He is expected to be Georges Vezina's backup, although he could potentially push for the starting role.

1918 NHL AMETEUR DRAFT:
1. RW Babe Dye 19 TOR 5.0
2. LW George Hay 20 OTT 5.0
3. C Rabbit McVeigh 20 MTL 4.5
4. G Roy Worters 17 TOR 4.0
5. G Lorne Chabot 17 OTT 3.5
6. D Ching Johnson 19 MTL 3.5
7. C Bill Carson 17 TOR 2.0
8. C Billy Burch 17 OTT 3.0
9. G John Ross Roach 18 MTL 3.5
10. LW Mickey McQuire 19 TOR 2.5
11. RW Harry Oliver 19 OTT 3.0
12. RW Carson Cooper 18 MTL 2.5

Babe Dye goes 1st overall to the Arenas. He has a chance to be NHL ready this year! He's not at full potential yet, but when he is, Toronto has a Bona fide star on their hands. Other notable picks include Lorne Chabot and Billy Burch to the Senators, John Ross Roach to the Habs, and Roy Worters to the Arenas.

Montreal has signed another Millionaires star in D Cyclone Taylor. Taylor was signed to a 1 year $2,700 contract.

Last edited by Cygnusx1018; 10-07-2018 at 03:33 PM.
Old 10-06-2018, 11:51 PM   #9
JaytheGreat
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Just a small suggestion, show the potential of the players that get drafted or atleast the notable players.
Old 10-07-2018, 12:00 AM   #10
Cygnusx1018
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaytheGreat View Post
Just a small suggestion, show the potential of the players that get drafted or atleast the notable players.
Will do! Thanks for the input!
Old 10-07-2018, 03:33 PM   #11
Cygnusx1018
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I have edited the 1917-18 offseason post to add potentials for the prospects in the draft
Old 10-07-2018, 03:56 PM   #12
Cygnusx1018
Minors (Rookie Ball)

1917-18 Season Preview:
With the NHL season about to get underway, the early Stanley Cup favorites appear to be Montreal, led by Center Newsy Lalonde. This squad will be the team to beat this year, but they can expect challenges from Frank Nighbor's Ottawa Senators and Toronto, featuring goalie Hap Holmes.

The scoring race will likely see Montreal's Newsy Lalonde challenged by Frank Nighbor and Cy Denneny of Ottawa.

The top defenseman in the league is generally considered to be Montreal Canadiens blue liner Cyclone Taylor, with teammate Sprague Cleghorn and Harry Cameron of Toronto also in the running.

Finally, among goaltenders, Toronto's Hap Holmes stands out as the league's best, while Ottawa Senators netminder Clint Benedict and Hugh Lehman of Montreal can also steal games for their teams.

One of the best defenders from last year was not present in the preview, and that is because in a shocking move, the Montreal Canadiens sent D Billy Coutu to the minors! This is probably due to the offseason additions of Taylor and Cleghorn.

Also surprising in Montreal, Georges Vezina has been relegated to backup duty to to the aquisition of Hugh Lehman!

PLAYER SPOTLIGHT:

CYCLONE TAYLOR: The 34 year old Defenseman was a huge addition to the Canadiens after playing on the WCHL champion Millionaires for the past 7 years.
Taylor immediately slots in as the Habs best Dman, and possibly the NHL's best as well. Taylor is going to play on the 2nd pairing alongside Moose Johnson. Here are his stats:

ABILITY 3.5 POTENTIAL: 3.5

CAREER STATS:
GP G A PTS PIM
92 108 90 198 62

SEASON STATS:
GP G A PTS PIM
14 7 15 22 6

HUGH LEHMAN: The Habs other big signing from Vancouver, the 33 year old Lehman has played for the New Westminster Royals and Vancouver Millionaires of the WCHL for the last 8 years. Lehman is expected to be Montreal's starter ahead of legendary Georges Vezina, and is one of the best goalies in the league. Here are his stats:

ABILITY 4.0 POTENTIAL 4.0

CAREER STATS:
GP W L T GAA SV%
118 66 50 0 4.46 .859

SEASON STATS:
GP W L T GAA SV%
14 7 5 0 3.88 .859
Old 10-09-2018, 06:52 PM   #13
Cygnusx1018
Minors (Rookie Ball)

1918-19 REGULAR SEASON:

Lehman and Taylor had great debuts in Montreal for the season opener against Ottawa. Despite huge efforts from Dick Irvin and Frank Nighbor, the defending champions fell hard to the Habs with a score of 11-3, with Montreal riding a great performance from Sprague Cleghorn, who posted 2 goals and 2 assists.

The best player in the world, Newsy Lalonde has had an insane 10 points in his first three games. However, he came down with illness due to dehydration, leaving him out of the team's next few games. Lalonde is currently 2nd in the league in points, behind linemate Joe Malone's 13.

The Spanish Flu pandemic has been affecting the NHL. The disease has infected millions worldwide, and claimed many lives. The NHL has considered possibly canceling the playoffs due to public health concerns, but for now all games continue as the Regular Season comes to a close. The Flu has infected a total of 6 NHLers, including Toronto defenseman Eddie Carpenter.

1. MTL: 18 12 6 0 24
2. TOR: 18 9 9 0 18
3. OTT: 18 6 12 0 12

A rather lackluster season has come to a close, as Montreal finished in 1st place by a large margin, with a plus 32 goal differential and a mere 6 losses. The other playoff team is the Toronto Arenas, with the defending champion Ottawa Senators being left in the dust. Interestingly, there were no trades in the NHL's 2nd season. The Spanish Flu has cut the season short by 6 games.

SCORING LEADERS:

GOALS:
MTL C N. Lalonde 21
OTT LW C. Denneny 17
OTT C D. Irvin

ASSISTS:
MTL C J. Malone 24
MTL C N. Lalonde 21
OTT RW G. Carey 19

MTL C J. Malone 37
OTT RW G. Carey 28

Lalonde ended up playing in all but 2 games, and although scoring was much lower this year, he was still in 1st, though tightly contested by linemate Malone. Cy Denneny and George Carey had great years on a mediocre Senators team. Frank Nighbor had a dissapointing year.

GOALIE LEADERS:

WINS:
MTL H. Lehman 7
TOR H. Holmes 5
MTL G. Vezina 5

SV PCT:
TOR H. Holmes .894
MTL H. Lehman .881
MTL G. Vezina .862

GAA:
MTL H. Lehman 3.34
MTL G. Vezina 4.04
TOR H. Holmes 4.22

Montreal's tandem of Lehman and Vezina split the games equally. Lehman proved to be the superior option, and the two compete with Hap Holmes for the title of best goalie in the league