Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 08-13-2014, 10:50 AM   #41
Jabez54
Hall Of Famer

Yes, it's a big part of W 8.1 ... more as a warning if you are not familiar with the program/software ...
Old 08-13-2014, 08:56 PM   #42
mghurst
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafan View Post
Is that just a Windows 8 security setting thing?
Yeah I think so
mghurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:23 PM   #43
Caporegime
All Star Starter

Outstanding! Thanks so much, Justafan!

Old 08-14-2014, 02:58 PM   #44
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

A big thanks for this.

I've been traveling and only got a few minutes to try it out last night, but wow! Exactly what I need.

I particularly like that the program looks to the fonts I have installed on my machine and not pre-selected. That way I was able to use Algerian for my Fredericksburg Zouaves cap, and some other weird one for the Staunton Lunatics (actual Western Virginia League team!) in an Old Dominion Association I've been playing/working on for several iterations of OOTP.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:52 PM   #45
justafan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_The_Lip View Post
A big thanks for this.

I've been traveling and only got a few minutes to try it out last night, but wow! Exactly what I need.

I particularly like that the program looks to the fonts I have installed on my machine and not pre-selected. That way I was able to use Algerian for my Fredericksburg Zouaves cap, and some other weird one for the Staunton Lunatics (actual Western Virginia League team!) in an Old Dominion Association I've been playing/working on for several iterations of OOTP.
I'm glad you like it. It's good to know it's getting used, otherwise I feel like I'm wasting my time.

Just to let everyone know, I have looked into making a Jersey Creator program and I think it's doable. It may not have all the bells and whistles that some of the templates have, but I think I can squeeze in enough to make it useful.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:41 PM   #46
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just to let everyone know, I have looked into making a Jersey Creator program and I think it's doable. It may not have all the bells and whistles that some of the templates have, but I think I can squeeze in enough to make it useful.
If it could just be easier to use than programs like Gimp. With a way to have sleeves one color, the jersey front another color, and a simple way to create that lettering that sort of curves across the front of the jersey.

Over the years I've spent countless hours trying to make something vaguely useful using Gimp, but with only minimal success.

I'll download the ballcap creator as soon as I type this and give it a whirl. The results people have posted look just amazing! Thank you again!!
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs

Last edited by Antonin; 08-14-2014 at 08:46 PM.
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:07 PM   #47
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Dude, this is so useful Marcus needs to pay you a dime to include it as...well...an included program. I'm not talking Mods central either. I'm talking about your own special menu.

I think you should change the name of the program though. It should be called "how justafan gets chicks".
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:35 PM   #48
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm glad you like it. It's good to know it's getting used, otherwise I feel like I'm wasting my time.

There is a God!
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:15 PM   #49
justafan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin View Post
If it could just be easier to use than programs like Gimp. With a way to have sleeves one color, the jersey front another color, and a simple way to create that lettering that sort of curves across the front of the jersey.

Over the years I've spent countless hours trying to make something vaguely useful using Gimp, but with only minimal success.

I'll download the ballcap creator as soon as I type this and give it a whirl. The results people have posted look just amazing! Thank you again!!
Oh yeah, it will be easier than Gimp. I never got the hang of that program either. That's what I'm shooting for with these programs. I want anyone to be able to create logos, caps, and jerseys without the cost and learning curve.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:22 PM   #50
justafan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
Dude, this is so useful Marcus needs to pay you a dime to include it as...well...an included program. I'm not talking Mods central either. I'm talking about your own special menu.

I think you should change the name of the program though. It should be called "how justafan gets chicks".
I believe Markus uses C++ and I haven't used that in over 20 years. Hell I haven't done any programming in over a decade not to mention I was never that good at it. I just picked it up again when the forums went down for a weekend not long ago and I was bored.

Oh yeah pawn, I got chicks all over the place. That's why I'm sitting in front of a computer pounding keys.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:17 AM   #51
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Oh yeah pawn, I got chicks all over the place.
Party at Justafans, he's got the chicks...

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:33 AM   #52
justafan
Hall Of Famer

Attached Images
Old 08-15-2014, 02:25 AM   #53
Hankyu Braves
All Star Reserve

Quote:

If you add a 19th century type template, I'll name one of my future kids after you...

No pressure.
Hankyu Braves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:02 AM   #54
justafan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankyu Braves View Post
If you add a 19th century type template, I'll name one of my future kids after you...

No pressure.
Sorry, I can't put everything into this. It's gonna be limited compared to what the templates offer due to the difficulty of drawing the graphics to the screen. It's not like I can just add template elements as is. I have to use XY coordinates for each point in a shape and bezier splines for curves and it's a real pain. Also, I want to keep it fairly simple to use and don't want too many options.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:13 AM   #55
Hankyu Braves
All Star Reserve

I'll have to do it myself then. Thanks a lot for everything anyway.

Would blackmail work?
Old 08-15-2014, 11:34 AM   #56
justafan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankyu Braves View Post
I'll have to do it myself then. Thanks a lot for everything anyway.

Would blackmail work?
Are you a programmer?

BTW - Blackmail does not work on me.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:43 PM   #57
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

Awesome

Justa-
This is really awesome, thanks for putting this together.

I have 2 questions.

1) What about tri-colored hats, such as the Brewers of the 80's? Does this template do that?

2) What language/program is this written in?

Again great work and I know I will get some use out of it.

Ill

Check out my OOTP dynasty, the DelMarVa Baseball League:
DelMarVa Baseball League.

and the spin off:
DelMarVa Baseball League - 2037 WBC Tournament - Won by Team USA - New England.

DelMarVa Baseball League - 2039 WBC Tournament - Won by Team USA - New England..
illeracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:36 PM   #58
justafan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by illeracula View Post
Justa-
This is really awesome, thanks for putting this together.

I have 2 questions.

1) What about tri-colored hats, such as the Brewers of the 80's? Does this template do that?

2) What language/program is this written in?

Again great work and I know I will get some use out of it.

Ill
VB.Net

and here's a Brewers cap in Ballcap Creator...
Attached Images
Old 08-15-2014, 02:40 PM   #59
Hankyu Braves
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Are you a programmer?

BTW - Blackmail does not work on me.
No.

I meant to say I would have to do the old uniforms using both GIMP and other modders' remarkable templates. I'll never thank them enough.

I wish I were able to do even a tenth of what you've done with the logo and ballcap creators.

Big thumbs up once again.
Old 08-15-2014, 02:46 PM   #60
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

I think you should put your signature on the hat not just "ballcap creator" this is really impressive work.

I have one nit-picky thing. I just was playing around with the font and I selected my font and the size of 24. 24 was too small, so I selected the font button again and it went back to the default "Microsoft Sans Serif" and "10". The font I selected wasn't in the "Recently used" either.

I have a ton of fonts on my machine if that means anything. The only reason I bring this is up is I had to play around with the font size, so every time I clicked font I had to scroll down to find the font I used (and remember what size I was working with)..

This is just an awesome application and makes building caps much easier than using the template/gimp.

No "are you sure you want to exit?" question when you leave? :-)

Thanks for putting the time into this.

Check out my OOTP dynasty, the DelMarVa Baseball League:
DelMarVa Baseball League.

and the spin off:
DelMarVa Baseball League - 2037 WBC Tournament - Won by Team USA - New England.

DelMarVa Baseball League - 2039 WBC Tournament - Won by Team USA - New England..

Last edited by illeracula; 08-15-2014 at 02:49 PM.
illeracula is offline   Reply With Quote