Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 10:57 PM   #1
STLFAN2003
Minors (Double A)

Kicked out of league because of bad trades???

umbl.ootp-online.com
I am the Yankees

I got kicked out of the league because of bad trades. Look at the messageboard

Trade 1:
Bartolo Colon and David Eckstein for 3.5 million with Rockies
Colon is a 7 million dollar pitcher with an ERA of 5. Eckstein hit 250 and I had no plans for him. I get cash for free agents.

Trade 2: with Mets
Bernie Williams and Wang for David Wheeler and Tyler Davidson
I trade 36 year old, 8.4 million dollar, 13 HR 15 SB man and a nobody for a good reliever and a decent prospect

Trade 3: with Padres
Edwin Jackson and eric Duncan for Carlos Silva, Aaron Fultz, and 3.5 million
I give up top PROSPECT, prospect being the key word, who had a 5 ERA last year and I give up a third baseman with no chance of playing for me. And what do I get. Cash. A lefty reliever with an era of 2 and a starter in Carlos Silva with an ERA of 3.5

MY team got knocked off in the playoffs last year. They had good hitting and horrible pitching. I had only two pitchers with under 5 ERA. I added one right now and will get one in FA. I added two arms to my bullpen, did not effect my hitting and got lots of cash

The commishes names are Randy Corcoran and Brian Bakic

was this warranted?

and here are two emails from the commish
Hey Andrew,

The co-commish and myself have been going back and forth on how to handle the issues with your trades. At this time we don't feel that the trades benefit your team and in that don't benefit the league. Having said that, we are not in the business of wanting to watch over everyones trades and had this situation only once in the year before nor do we want to have to worry about watching over all trades in the league. At this time you had 2 very questionable trades made and 2 others that weren't terrible but a little questionable. We think at this time that it would be best for the league that we replace you as the Yanks GM. I am sorry but I need to do what is in the best interest of the league, and I can't be worrying about teams making trades that are bad for the league. Good luck and I wish you well.

Thanks
Randy

Out of the Park On line Baseball Leagues
AHBL - http://ahbl.pointatrad.com/
UMBL http://umbl.ootp-online.com/

My Friends' music career websites
Webmaster www.stephaniemurray.com
Webmaster www.michaelwcarl.com

None of these trade helped your team, and the Yankees have never been known
to cut payroll. We had several people look at these trades and no one could
understand your reasoning. These were not good trades on your part and we
don't have to be looking over every trade you make. In all of the trades
made last year, only one needed to be redone. You already had two that were
rejected by the trade committee. We just don't think that you are a good fit
for our league. I'm sorry but there will be no reconsideration.

Sorry again
Randy

Last edited by STLFAN2003; 11-23-2004 at 11:00 PM.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:07 PM   #2
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

geeze if bad trades were grounds for getting kicked out of leagues, I'd be banned from the CBL and TWB already.

I cant really say for or against, but I will say that it is a first time that i've heard of a league doing that.

PT22

Old 11-23-2004, 11:13 PM   #3
halofan26
All Star Starter

i have only tossed one owner out for bad trades and they were horrible now i dont know how these players look but if the commish did in fact ask you to leave because of it, then the odds are that many GM's expressed a problem with your trades and as a commish you have to take it and handle it as in, what is best for the league. i mean if nothing was done over their complaints then there is a chance that GMs may bail cause of it and i would rather lose 1 GM rather than 4-5 or even more. Now this doesnt mean you are a bad GM and i make it a habit to NOT watch over shoulders in all my leagues during trades because it really depends on the GM and their opinion of what is considered a good trade. i personally would have made deals like that because of salary. Salary is a huge reason for some "strange" trades. the only thing i didnt reall agree with/understand is why the commish made a remark that "the yankees arent known for cutting payroll".....i mean the yankees were your team and if you want to cut payroll, you should have been allowed to do so with no problem. But like i said, a commish made this decision for the best of the league so you really have to just move on and join another league (hell i have 4 leagues with openings lol) and if those commishes left a bad taste in your mouth then just dont join a league of theirs down the road. i dont know the commishes so i cant say much other than what i hae already said
THE best baseball info and fan site ever
The best Angels fan site
"Because i got high" - Afroman
Old 11-23-2004, 11:15 PM   #4
rewc27
All Star Reserve

In my defense, I acted in the best interest of the league. Several Gm's came to me complaining that the trades should not be allowed. There was a 5 person comittee involved in making the decision. We have a very competitive and intelligent core of GM's and I don't think it would be fair to the rest of the league to let a gm come in and make trades that would be bad for the league. In the whole first year of our league, only one trade was ever vetoed and had to be redone. The first day of trading this guy had two overturned by a neutral trade comittee made of gm's from other divisions not affected by the trade.

I apologize that this guy did it. Some people just don't deal well when they are told they are not doing a good job. I tried to tell him there are several other leagues looking for GMs. What he doesnt realize is that this makes him look a lot worse than it makes me look. I have been running a leauge with 29 other very satisfied owners. He is a newbie that now other GMs will see as a troublemaker.

Again I apologize to the good people of the board.

Now Defunct Arcanum league - Phillies 1934 World Series Champs

Commish of the long time running (now defunct) UMBL.

Real Estate Needs
www.randysellsyourhome.com
Old 11-23-2004, 11:19 PM   #5
halofan26
All Star Starter

Quote:
In my defense, I acted in the best interest of the league. Several Gm's came to me complaining that the trades should not be allowed.
i have to side with the commish on this one. running a league is ALOT different than being a member of a front office or just playing in one. it may seem rough or harsh, but things like this happen
The best Angels fan site
Old 11-23-2004, 11:19 PM   #6
STLFAN2003
Minors (Double A)

how is it the best interest when 5 people are against it. That is not the majority. And I have tried to ask you this a few times. Where is my reasoing wrong. Was wanting to win this year wrong? Was getting rid of useless people and getting something for them wrong? Are you sure that I am on the short end of the stick. Because I honestly thought that I had the upper hand on the two. The Jackson trade depends on where you stand. I am gunning for a World Series this year and giving up Jackson to get those two players is well worth it. Randy, how would you have done things differently. I mean, I had to cut payroll even after free agent signings.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:22 PM   #7
STLFAN2003
Minors (Double A)

and how can three trades get me kicked out. After I made them, you gave me a warning to look into them more. Then probably 2-4 hours later, I get kicked out. I still dont think 5 is a simple majority of 30
Old 11-23-2004, 11:22 PM   #8
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

why am I expected this to eventully be a lot of dirty laundry being aired out

PT22

Old 11-23-2004, 11:26 PM   #9
halofan26
All Star Starter

and im all out of soap too
The best Angels fan site
Old 11-23-2004, 11:30 PM   #10
STLFAN2003
Minors (Double A)

I'm just hear for answers, not to call names or make fun of

you'll have to go someplace else
Old 11-23-2004, 11:32 PM   #11
Cyclone792
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by halofan26
and im all out of soap too
Mike, Wal-Mart has plenty of soap, I'm sure

POTD: Co-Commish and Glacier Bay Ice Pirates
Old 11-23-2004, 11:33 PM   #12
halofan26
All Star Starter

must be a full moon tonight cause there seems to be alot of unhappy people on the boards tonight haha
The best Angels fan site
Old 11-23-2004, 11:39 PM   #13
rewc27
All Star Reserve

Oh wait I'm a member of this fight.

That suits me better.

Real Estate Needs
Old 11-23-2004, 11:44 PM   #14
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by halofan26
must be a full moon tonight cause there seems to be alot of unhappy people on the boards tonight haha
Funny, other than a head cold, i'm feeling groovy

wish i had something to drink, would probably get rid of this.

PT22

Old 11-23-2004, 11:51 PM   #15
Jeremy Weimer
Hall Of Famer

You know what I've always wondered, how does a few questionable trades hurt the overall running of the league? I mean honestly, because a guy dumps a few high priced old players to another team that's somehow going to hurt the overall running of the league? Are the commishes of the league gonna be unable to run sims or have their computers blow up on them because a few players were traded that they don't agree with? I've really never understood this argument. It's not like the guy is stock piling players and going to kill all the competition or something. So how is this going to hurt the league as a whole?
Old 11-23-2004, 11:58 PM   #16
STLFAN2003
Minors (Double A)

No, the commishes were arguing that I was losing out and that my Yankees were being damaged

suprising huh?

its ok, I already accepted his apology
Old 11-24-2004, 12:00 AM   #17
rewc27
All Star Reserve

It hurts the league as a whole in two ways

1) worst case scenario - the team goes down the tubes, the GM realized his methods didn't work, quits leaving high and dry with a terrible teams and then you are unable to find another GM to take over the train wreck of a team.

2) I have 29 other gms that make good rational trade deciscions. I think I owe it to them to find quality gms to fill the league. I want to run a highly competitive league. I think that is the secret to long lasting leagues. I could be wrong but that is my idea. I want all my teams to be competitive and I feel I owe it to the other GM's to keep quality gms.

I've seen alot of bad leagues, Ive been in a lot of leagues that have folded. So has my co commish. That is why I hold GMs to the standard that I do. Most people seem to like it that way. Others come here and complain.

Just a side note and this isnt meant to you Jeremy. Why do people that are let go from a league feel the need to trash the league here. There are leagues looking for owners every day on here. You dont like the league or were let go, just go join in other leauge. I think that by trashing people here it just shows their true charachter or lack there of.

Real Estate Needs
Old 11-24-2004, 12:01 AM   #18
benchwarmer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLFAN2003
and how can three trades get me kicked out. After I made them, you gave me a warning to look into them more. Then probably 2-4 hours later, I get kicked out. I still dont think 5 is a simple majority of 30

I'm pretty sure he means that aside from the 5 people in the trade committee that voted to veto your trades, several other league members wanted them vetod also. So it could very well be a majority.

Last edited by benchwarmer; 11-24-2004 at 12:06 AM.
Old 11-24-2004, 12:03 AM   #19
rewc27
All Star Reserve

I apologize for the people that had to witness this train wreck. I apologize that you can't be more mature.

Real Estate Needs
Old 11-24-2004, 12:08 AM   #20
Jeremy Weimer
Hall Of Famer

I just want it to be clear I wasn't trying to say your methods are stupid or wrong in anyway. I've just always wondered what the reasoning was behind commishes saying a trade or two would hurt the league as a whole. I guess it's different reasons for different people. I just don't really see the huge deal behind a trade here or there that is questionable or isn't deemed as fair by the entire league. The same thing happens in real life in all sports organizations but GM's aren't fired for it. So I was just wondering is all.
Closed Thread