Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 05:28 PM   #81
Rockpile
All Star Reserve

C'mon you've got to be kidding...

A commish leaves town for 3-4 days.
Everyone thinks that he is secretly Fitdog.
Jblaze comes on and claims to be him.

Ouch. I don't think he'll ever leave town again.
Old 03-27-2004, 05:37 PM   #82
Raderick
Hall Of Famer

Maybe the Beaverton Car Wash workers will help him go through all of this.
Old 03-27-2004, 05:56 PM   #83
Rockpile
All Star Reserve

Working at the Car Wash...the Car Wash yeah.

There must be something in that Beaverton water. Everyone from that town wins championships despite have the extra pressure of commishing the league and running three other teams.
Old 03-27-2004, 06:11 PM   #84
Crapshoot
Hall Of Famer

And the show must go on..
Old 03-27-2004, 06:12 PM   #85
Crapshoot
Hall Of Famer

And on- man, jblaze was back then, a class A nimrod- UDFlyer hasn't been that bad. But as I recall, jblaze was 13 or so- he's grown up a lot lately eh to have a out of town job ?
Old 03-27-2004, 06:18 PM   #86
Mr.Opinion
All Star Reserve

You don't have to grow up really. Just look older.
Old 03-27-2004, 06:30 PM   #87
Rockpile
All Star Reserve

At 15 you can get a work permit and a driver's permit...or maybe his lawn mowing business is expanding.

Or maybe "out of town job" means that his parents took him on vacation to Disneyworld and he is still getting allowance.
Old 03-27-2004, 06:36 PM   #88
KidRock
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by slickrick
Geez...I had afeeling this league wan't going to turn out well, which is a shame because I put a lot of time into building a good team. Earlier in the season, someone came to me on AIM with evidence that he was simming ahead and toggling injuries on and off. This is what caused the injuries problem. This guy also contacted another member in the league and confronted 'Pat' about it. In what now seems to be a mistake, the other owner who was contacted and I declined to inform the rest of the league in hopes that 'Pat' would play it straight after being confronted. Too many things indicate that the cheating did not cease...the Cubs had no significant injuries, they won the world series, some contract extensions were erased, problems with the free agency file and teams signing free agents that they never gave offers to.

It's a shame because there are a lot of good owners in the league that have put a lot of time into the league.
Yes Slickrick...as a original owner in the league I saw the same things...I gave one owner who quit info how I knew the injury thing was not a mistake...again their were 3-4 things I can prove that was not mistakes but for a better term tinkering by the commish... why didnt I quit..well the owners in this league are awsome...very active and fun to chat with. Their is 1-2 owners I have a frendly flame war with..good old fashion rivalries that keeps this league FUN.

It seems now possibly 1-2 of the owners are talking about taking over the league...I hope this hapens it be a shame to see this league fold.
Old 03-27-2004, 07:00 PM   #89
Hammer755
Hall Of Famer

As strange as it sounds, I would like to commend jblaze for coming back under a different User ID and behaving himself as a normal person would. For some strange reason, I find it a shame that this was discovered, as the jblaze handle certainly carries a stigma that the UDFlyer one did not. The accusations of impropriety in the online league certainly is troublesome and should be investigated, but I wanted to throw that out there.
Old 03-27-2004, 07:15 PM   #90
GoldenGlove
Major Leagues

I am actually more disappointed with the owners. Ownership selection may be Pat's biggest mistake. Most of them are young and show little patience. I am the commish of the former WSBL and while I didn't know about his identity until now, I feel I can trust him now. Unlike Fit (which I can guarantee is not the same person), Pat tried to start fresh. Maybe he should have informed the owners, but there have been times that I too have been lazy with communication. Sometimes that is the last thing on my mind. Whether or not he is being truthful about his absence, I think its a shame the way the owners handled the situation.
Old 03-27-2004, 07:24 PM   #91
jblaze03fuel
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldenGlove
I am actually more disappointed with the owners. Ownership selection may be Pat's biggest mistake. Most of them are young and show little patience. I am the commish of the former WSBL and while I didn't know about his identity until now, I feel I can trust him now. Unlike Fit (which I can guarantee is not the same person), Pat tried to start fresh. Maybe he should have informed the owners, but there have been times that I too have been lazy with communication. Sometimes that is the last thing on my mind. Whether or not he is being truthful about his absence, I think its a shame the way the owners handled the situation.
Thanks Greg, and this comes from the guy who I initially didn't get along with in WSBL.

All I wanted was a fresh start. I wasn't 13 back then, I'm not in no lawn mowing business either. I happen to be a 24 year old who works in and out of the office as well as out of town unfortunately.

KID ROCK- The injuries were not turned off, you can ask sporr as I contacted him. He gave me procedures. I had to re-intall OOTP unfortunately. However, while trying to find the problem with the injuries I had to backup the league file and try diff. things and sim games to find out if it'll record. There's no other way...

I'm more than willing to answer any speculations, because that's all they are and ever will be. I have everything(files) and anything to backup my reasons.

Anyways, yeah, some people may not look up to the old jblaze user ID. However, I know, and many know me and how I am now. Things need to be put to bed sometimes.

Last edited by jblaze03fuel; 03-27-2004 at 07:27 PM.
Old 03-27-2004, 07:26 PM   #92
jblaze03fuel
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally posted by slickrick
Geez...I had afeeling this league wan't going to turn out well, which is a shame because I put a lot of time into building a good team. Earlier in the season, someone came to me on AIM with evidence that he was simming ahead and toggling injuries on and off. This is what caused the injuries problem. This guy also contacted another member in the league and confronted 'Pat' about it. In what now seems to be a mistake, the other owner who was contacted and I declined to inform the rest of the league in hopes that 'Pat' would play it straight after being confronted. Too many things indicate that the cheating did not cease...the Cubs had no significant injuries, they won the world series, some contract extensions were erased, problems with the free agency file and teams signing free agents that they never gave offers to.

It's a shame because there are a lot of good owners in the league that have put a lot of time into the league.
What amazes me is Anaheim had a better record than I did. Arizona's original squad with a few OLD PLAYER additions had a better record than I did about 2/3rd's the season until they unloaded some players, and no questions are raised there.

Jblaze had it's old reputation. UD411Flyer has its reputation that everyone knows.
Old 03-27-2004, 07:30 PM   #93
jblaze03fuel
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally posted by Rockpile
Working at the Car Wash...the Car Wash yeah.

There must be something in that Beaverton water. Everyone from that town wins championships despite have the extra pressure of commishing the league and running three other teams.
Well....I live in Ohio, not Oregon. I don't know fit dog personally, and don't want to.

Ask Karen to clarify that for you, shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited by jblaze03fuel; 03-27-2004 at 07:39 PM.
Old 03-27-2004, 07:34 PM   #94
clarnzz
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by jblaze03fuel
Well....I live in Ohio, not Oregon. I don't know fit dog, and don't want to.

Ask Karen to clarify that for you, shouldn't be a problem.
Quote:
Originally posted by jblaze03fuel
About the site....when I first met fit dog he was okay, and I never knew anything about him.
Old 03-27-2004, 07:36 PM   #95
Mr.Opinion
All Star Reserve

If your confused and you know it clap your hands...
Old 03-27-2004, 07:39 PM   #96
UnkleBuc
Bat Boy

I'm not really concerned so much about the past. We all deserve second chances.

But there still haven't been questions answered. And it's more than leaving town for a few days.

There was a league chat earlier today which Pat attended but failed to answer any questions and then "had to go".

I won't be posting on this topic anymore because I consider it all a waste of time.
Old 03-27-2004, 07:39 PM   #97
jblaze03fuel
All Star Reserve

fixed my post to clarify it....

clarnzz, instead of just trying to put your 2cents in, go on with your own business.
Old 03-27-2004, 07:44 PM   #98
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer755
As strange as it sounds, I would like to commend jblaze for coming back under a different User ID and behaving himself as a normal person would. For some strange reason, I find it a shame that this was discovered, as the jblaze handle certainly carries a stigma that the UDFlyer one did not. The accusations of impropriety in the online league certainly is troublesome and should be investigated, but I wanted to throw that out there.
I'm not sure I understand. It looks like he may have cheated once again, so why commend him on coming back under a different nick? Because he was less obvious about himself this time? I'm not much of a second chance giver in the first place though.

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldenGlove
What exactly did the other owners do this time that was so bad? The original poster seems to have handled himself quite respectfully. I haven't seen anything else particularly bad, just a lot of questioning, some maybe not warranted like taking extra time to sim (I sim during tv commercials some nights). The commish disappears from the league for a week, but posts in this forum. I think that's a bit irresponsible. If I miss even one sim by 24 hours, I'd expect the GMs to start wondering what's going on too, not alone a week. Missing a sim by itself is no big deal, as long as you inform the others what's going on. But he did not, he just left the league hanging while he posted in another forum. Add on all the questions that people have brought up and like many of the GMs in this league have, I'd quit.
Old 03-27-2004, 07:47 PM   #99
jblaze03fuel
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally posted by kq76
I haven't seen anything else particularly bad, just a lot of questioning, some maybe not warranted like taking extra time to sim (I sim during tv commercials some nights). The commish disappears from the league for a week, but posts in this forum. I think that's a bit irresponsible. If I miss even one sim by 24 hours, I'd expect the GMs to start wondering what's going on too, not alone a week. Missing a sim by itself is no big deal, as long as you inform the others what's going on. But he did not, he just left the league hanging while he posted in another forum. Add on all the questions that people have brought up and like many of the GMs in this league have, I'd quit.

I posted on Wednesday before going to work. I then when I went to work found out I had to go out of town. I didn't arrive back in until Last Night.

Thanks though...
Old 03-27-2004, 07:50 PM   #100
UnkleBuc
Bat Boy

Patrick, myself and others saw you browsing the forum Thursday and Friday. Somebody posted a picture, but maybe that was after 2am Saturday morning when you supposedly got home.

I said I was done but I wasn't going to sit by and watch you lie.
NOBSL: Pirates
Closed Thread