Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2003, 03:45 PM   #41
mfitterer1
Banned

I would definetely have to go with the first part, everyone will for sure be surprised how good this league goes.
mfitterer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 04:02 PM   #42
Raderick
Hall Of Famer

Mfitter:

I am somewhat new to this message board, but I am sure not new in online leagues. Though, you might be good at heart in trying to run a successful online leagues, and hell, you might even do that. But the way you showed me by your half-ass remarks and your childish attitude, I wouldn't for a second join your league at all. I think you cheating in a previous league can seal the deal. Many people gave you the suggestion that you should try to GM a team or two, gain back your image that you lost. Right now, I know you as a snobby little prick. Others may not know you as that, but that is how I will and always see you unless you change your ways. And no, running a league will not help that.

BigWillis,

Right, all you are doing right now is hurting yourself, aligning with someone who did cheat as a commissioner. Yeah, you go to the same school, that doesn't mean you have to run the league with him. If you really do want to run a successful, truthful league, run it with someone who has a good image, and someone that everyone can trust.

Old 10-21-2003, 01:56 AM   #43
Kurtis R.
All Star Starter

So what team died I/we get?

Kurtis
Old 10-21-2003, 01:06 PM   #44
LivnLegend
Hall Of Famer

I think this one failed before it ever got going.
Old 10-21-2003, 01:35 PM   #45
JDScorch
Minors (Triple A)

I think BigWillis could run a darn fine league. He needs to do a couple of things though.

#1 is to not allow Mfitterer to spokesman for his league or really be on the boards at all in regards to it.

#2 is to not allow Mfitterer any role in the league other than website design and after the league is up and running possibly if the league felt like giving him a chance, he could enter as a very closely watched owner of a team. Hopefully over time gaining some of the credibility he has lost.

Good Luck!
JDScorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 03:13 PM   #46
LivnLegend
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by JDScorch
I think BigWillis could run a darn fine league. He needs to do a couple of things though.
With all due respect, he might be a great Commish for all we know but of the 3 (maybe 4) leagues I have seen him start, none went a full season. That would seem to be a huge measuring stick in the success of a Commissioner. People will only be burned so many times after investing their time, energy, and efforts into a startup league that stops before it ever really gets going.
Old 10-22-2003, 02:00 AM   #47
mfitterer1
Banned

U see the difference is that he hasnt ran one with someone else helping him, and the reason his last league went belly up I believe was because of his owners not him. This league will not fail and those of you that have been in any of my leagues in the past know that I put great time and effort into the league and site and making sure that the league is as good as possible. This league will not fail, and it will not because we wont let it fail.
Old 10-22-2003, 02:08 AM   #48
gpm22
All Star Reserve

Everyone knows what kind of effort you put into your leagues.
gpm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 09:08 AM   #49
JDScorch
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally posted by LivnLegend
With all due respect, he might be a great Commish for all we know but of the 3 (maybe 4) leagues I have seen him start, none went a full season. That would seem to be a huge measuring stick in the success of a Commissioner. People will only be burned so many times after investing their time, energy, and efforts into a startup league that stops before it ever really gets going.
Legend, I wasn't aware of the other leagues Cody(BigWillis) had previously started without success. If indeed the reason for those failures is lack of assistance, I hope he looks somewhere besides mfitterer. He needs a successful league this time around, or like you said, people will lose faith. People do put a lot of time and energy into their leagues, and if leagues are started and stopped seemingly on whim, respect for that commish will quickly be lost. Cody being one of the younger OOTP regulars, has always struck me as more mature than his age, very unlike his dubious partner mfitterer. Life experience, as we all know is invaluable. Hopefully these 2 gentlemen prove us all wrong and succeed in this venture. With all the leagues available, many would be very hesitant to join this one with a very controversial history prior to it even beginning. Seemingly 2 strikes already exist against this league. To best avoid the 3rd strike, it seems logical to try and distance oneself from the source of the controversy(mfitterer), or at least keep him as a very silent partner(a role he doesn't appear comfortable with). You know darn well as soon as he posts, the controversy begins. So the question is: Why would you want him to post, and why does he continue to post? If you are co-commishing, you don't want him doing your PR, you want the person with the better reputation doing that. Rant over.
JDScorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 10:00 AM   #50
Knox
Minors (Single A)

These guys are very unprofessional and I will be surprised if this league lasts very long at all. I asked to join the league when mfitterer first posted the league was starting. I ignored most of the negative stuff because I give people the benefit of the doubt.
I posted here that I wanted Houston AND send email to mfitterer. He said Houston was mine and to send him my AIM and other info. Within 3 hours of his email I sent back the requested information. This was all done on 10/15 and 10/16. I never heard back and two emails to them were ignored.
I thought the league had already broken up. Finally mfitterer answered my third email and stated, "houston was given to another gm because you didnt give me ur information in time."

How unprofessional is that? They lack the courtesy to tell me anything up front, not to mention he plain lied to me about the team being mine on 10/15.

I guess I should be hesitant to join a league where the Commish or co-commish spells your as "ur" but these two guys are total losers. Count me as one of the many now that think these two guys are as unprofessional as they come. Of the three leagues I have tried to join, I am in none but this is the first time I have been outright lied to and then ignored.
Old 10-22-2003, 11:04 AM   #51
mfitterer1
Banned

knox you werent lied to, I got your email with your info but it was after like 3 days after I sent my email, and then i replied and asked you if you owned the game anbd how many leagues you were in and I never got an answer back so i gave the other owner I was holding onto the GM spot. I emailed you today and offered you another team that has let us know that they dont have enough time for this league.
Old 10-22-2003, 11:25 AM   #52
Knox
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally posted by mfitterer1
knox you werent lied to, I got your email with your info but it was after like 3 days after I sent my email, and then i replied and asked you if you owned the game anbd how many leagues you were in and I never got an answer back so i gave the other owner I was holding onto the GM spot. I emailed you today and offered you another team that has let us know that they dont have enough time for this league.
You are not telling the truth about saying it took "like 3 days" for me to reply. On 10/15 I sent email asking for Houston. On 10/16 you sent me email stating:
"houston is yours but if you want them then you need to leave me ur name email and aim screen name and tell me if you own the game and how many leagues you are in"
again I should have been suspect of a Commish that spells "your" as "ur"
I sent the information back that same day.
You then ignored my emails on 10/17 and 10/18 asking for an update. Then you answered my email I sent on 10/20 stating Houston was already taken.
I saved all the emails.
Rather than continue to argue this I will just state I will never join a league that you or bigwillis has a part in running.
Knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 04:12 PM   #53
mfitterer1
Banned

All u are trying to do is get publicity against the league because you didnt respond in time to the email i sent and it was therefore given to another owner. Maybe this is exactly why you havent been accepted to any of the OTHER leagues that you applied for, maybe you should send all the needed info when asked and not send it in 2 parts and maybe you should be more curteous when confronted about the situation. that is all that I ask for from you in the future.
Old 10-22-2003, 04:24 PM   #54
ey215
All Star Reserve

Cue email dates in 3.. 2... 1...
"It is a haunted game in which every player is measured against the ghosts of all who have gone before. Most of all, it is about time and timelessness, speed and grace, failure and loss, imperishable hope - and coming home." Ken Burns, Baseball
ey215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 05:21 PM   #55
sporr
Global Moderator

Hmmmm....I don't know whether to believe someone who has lied on numerous occasions or someone who I have never known to lie on these boards.
sporr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 05:23 PM   #56
CommishJoe
Global Moderator

Why do I keep reading this thread? Sort of like gawking at an accident scene I suppose. Just can't help myself.

Success isn’t owned. It’s leased. And rent is due every day.
CommishJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 05:35 PM   #57
potatoman
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
same here

New Jersey Nighthawks (1227-717)

Last 5 seasons

2011: 118-44
2012: 100-62
2013: 111-51
2014: 106-56
2015: 108-54

OTBA Champions: 2008, 2010,2011
potatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 05:48 PM   #58
Knox
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally posted by mfitterer1
All u are trying to do is get publicity against the league because you didnt respond in time to the email i sent and it was therefore given to another owner. Maybe this is exactly why you havent been accepted to any of the OTHER leagues that you applied for, maybe you should send all the needed info when asked and not send it in 2 parts and maybe you should be more curteous when confronted about the situation. that is all that I ask for from you in the future.
I forwarded the emails proving my words to be true to you before you posted this. I guess you chose to ignore them in order to continue to make things seem everyone’s fault but yours.

The reason I am not in those other two leagues is because they closed, moron. Just like yours is going to if you continue to treat team GM's like you treated me in this whole process. I apparently have poor judgment in which leagues to join.
Next time I will be much more careful. The first thing I am going to look out for and avoid is Commissioners who use "u" and "ur" instead of "you" and "your".

You two guys may have 28 additional owners now but I bet you don't keep many for long.
Knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 06:34 PM   #59
Big Willis 16
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by LivnLegend
Started 4 leagues? I've had ONE league.

That ended after about 2 months because I couldn't keep up with the website, and putting in 20 plus roster submissions forms. If everyone had the game, it would have been much easier for me to do it by myself. Is this my fault? Maybe, because I hired GM's who didnt have the game, and because I thought I could run it all by myself.

I did try to start a second league, but no one was interested in doing a fictional players league.

"But 3 (maybe 4)" leagues is completely wrong.

Big Willis 16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 06:37 PM   #60
LivnLegend
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Willis 16
"But 3 (maybe 4)" leagues is completely wrong.
By your own admission you have started (or attempted to start) 3. At the time I posted I assumed this one with mfitterer was already done. Glad I was wrong.
Either way I wish you luck and success. I never want to see any online league fail.

Last edited by LivnLegend; 10-22-2003 at 06:40 PM.
LivnLegend is offline   Reply With Quote