Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2002, 10:25 AM   #21
Goody
Hall Of Famer

I would have just said stop playing High Heat. It'll make you go blind.
Old 06-19-2002, 10:28 AM   #22
Hammer755
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by ScottVib
Plain and simple:

If you can not trust the commissioner than you should not be involved in that league. Get out, you can make your reasoning for leaving known (make a post on the league message board, Owner Resignation and lay out your reasons there).
You realize, Scott, that our commish's team won last year's World Series, and I have seen some large ratings jumps from some of these players the last few years, I mean Ty Cobb, Walter Johnson, Eddie Collins - these guys went from nothing to Hall of Famer ratings in just a few seasons. Perhaps we should call for a wholesale investigation of a certain commissioner of a certain league that begins with a Boy, ends with an ummer, and has a sofS in between (that's code so we can keep it between you and me )

Last edited by Hammer755; 06-19-2002 at 11:45 AM.
Old 06-19-2002, 10:43 AM   #23
nix
Minors (Single A)

what are you going to do about it?? you better do something about it, if i were you, i'd leave a big post on the board that says "HEY COMMISH!! F*** YOU, YOU THINK YOU'RE FUNNY BY CHEATING" that should be cool seeing him trying to explain himserf.
Old 06-19-2002, 10:46 AM   #24
Scott Vibert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer755

You realize, Scott, that our commish's team won last year's World Series, and I have seen some large ratings jumps from some of these players the last few years, I mean Cobb, Johnson, Collins - these guys went from nothing to Hall of Famer ratings in just a few seasons. Perhaps we should call for a wholesale investigation of a certain commissioner of a certain league that begins with a Boy, ends with an ummer, and has a sofS in between (that's code so we can keep it between you and me )
I think the real investigation needs to be on the manager who lives in Texas and somehow no matter what league he's in, I have witnessed him somehow manage to win 5 out of 8 World Titles...

Quote:
Originally posted by nix
what are you going to do about it?? you better do something about it, if i were you, i'd leave a big post on the board that says "HEY COMMISH!! F*** YOU, YOU THINK YOU'RE FUNNY BY CHEATING" that should be cool seeing him trying to explain himserf.
Nix I'm not sure if you were joking or not, if you are then that would be funny.....,

Hammer is of course joking... the players he listed are Ty Cobb, Walter Johnson and Eddie Collins and after several seasons they have finally developed to their appropriate talent levels. The Commish is now reaping the benefits of his 3 consecutive seasons of having one of the top 3 picks in the draft (because his team was so bad those first few years).
Old 06-19-2002, 10:48 AM   #25
Goody
Hall Of Famer

The inside jokes and reactions around here never stop amusing me.
Old 06-19-2002, 10:50 AM   #26
The Professor
Hall Of Famer

Talking

*stokes the fire and heats up some brands*

...let the inquisition begin!

"<i>Noone</i> expects the OOTP Inquisition"

Old 06-19-2002, 10:58 AM   #27
Scott Vibert
Hall Of Famer

I have handled this on my leagues message board... now lets just see how he manages to wriggle out of this one...

http://www.ootp-leagues.com/mbs/bos/...ead.php?tid=71
Old 06-19-2002, 11:06 AM   #28
Goody
Hall Of Famer

Scandelous!!!

It seems to becoming a trend across many leagues. In Laseron its not just on the field!

Link to Scandal Satire
Old 06-19-2002, 11:09 AM   #29
Nothingman
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The RWBL is back with a new commish and looking to fill 4 openings (the majority of the original owners have stayed).

http://www.400softwarestudios.com/bo...threadid=10552

Mike Solomon (Nothingman)
RWBL Commissioner
Old 06-19-2002, 11:14 AM   #30
nix
Minors (Single A)

HEY I JUST FOLLOWED YOUR LINK AND SEEN WHAT U POSTED ON THE BOARD.. WHAT IS IT? ARE U SCARED MAN? WHY U SAID THAT U WAS JUST JOKING, AT THE END OF THE POST? U SCARED THAT THE GUY' MIGH KICK YOU OUT?? COME ON MAN HAVE SOME BALLS AND SAY IT LIKE IT IS THE DUDE IS CHEATING HES CHEATING! BUT ANYWATY THIS IS NOT SOMETHINBG TO JOKE ABOUT MAN MY PREDICTION IS THAT HE'S GOING TO SEE your post and wont find it funny and migh GIVE U THE BOOT AND FIRE U LMAOOO THAT SHOULD BE FUNNY!
Old 06-19-2002, 11:30 AM   #31
Draft Dodger
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by nix
HEY I JUST FOLLOWED YOUR LINK AND SEEN WHAT U POSTED ON THE BOARD.. WHAT IS IT? ARE U SCARED MAN? WHY U SAID THAT U WAS JUST JOKING, AT THE END OF THE POST? U SCARED THAT THE GUY' MIGH KICK YOU OUT?? COME ON MAN HAVE SOME BALLS AND SAY IT LIKE IT IS THE DUDE IS CHEATING HES CHEATING! BUT ANYWATY THIS IS NOT SOMETHINBG TO JOKE ABOUT MAN MY PREDICTION IS THAT HE'S GOING TO SEE your post and wont find it funny and migh GIVE U THE BOOT AND FIRE U LMAOOO THAT SHOULD BE FUNNY!
do your parent's know you're old enough to use a computer now?

15 GB Webhosting for $6.95 a month

IMO we are best off abandoning that sinking ship that is Off Topic to the rats infesting it and just starting a whole new Baseball Forum from scratch.
Old 06-19-2002, 11:46 AM   #32
nix
Minors (Single A)

First of all, are u a lady, since you're sporting this picture.. just wondering who im talking to dont want to be un.pollite to a girl.

Last edited by nix; 06-19-2002 at 11:48 AM.
Old 06-19-2002, 11:47 AM   #33
Hammer755
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by nix
First of all, are u a lady, since you're sportingf thispicture.. just wondering who im talking to dont wnat to be un.pollite to a girl.
Wow, I bet the couple of commishes who let you in their online leagues the past few days are feeling pretty good about themselves right now.
Old 06-19-2002, 11:51 AM   #34
nix
Minors (Single A)

im sure they all do ..but anyway what is that suppose to mean(son)? maybe you was trying to be funny or something i probably missed something
Old 06-19-2002, 11:52 AM   #35
Subby
Major Leagues

Welcome back, Hornsmaniac
Old 06-19-2002, 11:57 AM   #36
Hammer755
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by nix
im sure they all do ..but anyway what is that suppose to mean(son)? maybe you was trying to be funny or something i probably missed something
Probably.
Old 06-19-2002, 01:00 PM   #37
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Subby,

Shall you, Fritz, DD, or I take this one?

Nix,
Thusfar, you've called DD a lady and Eichorn "son". BOTH of these guys are well respected members of this community, and, from your grammar, have been since before you were born.

A Word of Advice:
When I'm new to a community, I try to blend in and become accepted.

Sure, now that I've been here a while, I kick my heels up every once in a while, but folks around here are used to that. Most don't take kindly to some newbie coming on here and throwing their weight (and insults) around.

If I were you, I'd fear what Fritz says when he gets here.

Last edited by Cooleyvol; 06-19-2002 at 01:05 PM.
Old 06-19-2002, 01:17 PM   #38
Draft Dodger
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Cooleyvol
If I were you, I'd fear what Fritz says when he gets here.
my guess is, he wouldn't grasp what Fritz has to say anyway.

IMO we are best off abandoning that sinking ship that is Off Topic to the rats infesting it and just starting a whole new Baseball Forum from scratch.
Old 06-19-2002, 01:26 PM   #39
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Oh yea, DD? What do you know? You're just a.......just a.............WOMAN!!

jk
Old 06-19-2002, 01:49 PM   #40
Draft Dodger
Hall Of Famer

that's LADY to you, pal!

Closed Thread