Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 09-23-2017, 11:23 PM   #21
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

-"Replace With" option on the player right-click menu allows players who are currently dressed to be replaced everyhwere in the lineup (i.e. on all lines they're on) with another player on the active roster, to allow for easier substitution for things like injuries, particularly short-term ones.

Thank you! The next best thing to custom line presets!

Also, RE: NHL players not in the Olympics in the game, is that just for 2018 or future Olympics as well?
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 03:12 AM   #22
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by omjo View Post
Also, RE: NHL players not in the Olympics in the game, is that just for 2018 or future Olympics as well?
All of them.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:01 AM   #23
Rayzor
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
They're still the generic ones unless you've got a historical jerseys mod installed, but yeah, they'll change colours.
Thanks JeffR. I was looking at the 30-40 Vancouver Jersey (LOL) & I'm glad they will drop in on the right years.
Rayzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:10 AM   #24
Rayzor
All Star Starter

Quote:
They're still the generic ones unless you've got a historical jerseys mod installed, but yeah, they'll change colours.
Thanks JeffR. I was looking at the 30-40 Vancouver Jersey (LOL) & I'm glad they will drop in on the right years.
Rayzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 11:39 AM   #25
vladdy16
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Sorry if I've missed em, but haven't seen any screenshots of the game with facegen, so just wanted to check if facegen is still in.
vladdy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 11:54 AM   #26
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladdy16 View Post
Sorry if I've missed em, but haven't seen any screenshots of the game with facegen, so just wanted to check if facegen is still in.
Can confirm FaceGen is still in.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 02:34 PM   #27
vladdy16
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
Can confirm FaceGen is still in.
Right on. Thank you sir.
vladdy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 08:56 PM   #28
scootermojo
Minors (Double A)

Appreciate all the hard work and excited to see the changes in effect personally when I download the game as soon as it's made available......

....however, is there a possibility that on a players page of there career history and year by year stats we can get bold faced type for players who lead the league in statistical categories? Or is this already in there but wasn't mentioned?
scootermojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:50 PM   #29
BrettC
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootermojo View Post
Appreciate all the hard work and excited to see the changes in effect personally when I download the game as soon as it's made available......

....however, is there a possibility that on a players page of there career history and year by year stats we can get bold faced type for players who lead the league in statistical categories? Or is this already in there but wasn't mentioned?
I quite like this idea too, I know OOTP has the bold coloured font for a stat that is a league leader. Not sure how hard it would be to implement here.
BrettC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 02:17 PM   #30
Gabbe88
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Have you fixed the following

Hi!
I stopped playing FHM 3 after release because of problems with the Swedish league. I wonder if you fixed these problems?

The contract/rights issues in European leagues

1. You can send up/down a few players from DIF to DIF J20 that has a J20 contract. BUT all other J20 players you can't send up/down.

2. Youth players require unrealistic amounts of money during contract negotiations. They wants 100 000§ from start. Established players playing for DIF have 50 000§.

3. When I offer J20 players 50 000§ contract, then they want 100 000§. Next I offer 70 000§, then they want 99 000§ and later 98 000§. When I offer 95 000§ they want 93 500 § and are angry at ease.

4. Why can't I find all my contracted players in DIF? Player that are on loan to other clubs is not on the salary obligations page.

5. If possible, I would like to have an option to select SEK instead of dollars?

Playoff news
I never received any notification that the regular season was over. It would be advisable with a message that the playoffs have begun.

Long teamnames
Gabbe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:06 PM   #31
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

just got a few questions about the above list you mention JeffR..

a) you mention that AHL teams are in historical mode however will the WJC and say U18 etc the years that the tournaments took place say late 90's early 00's still happen in fhm4 or is it only in 2017+

b) The OHL just came out with a U18 draft in real life this summer will that be added into fhm4?
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 06:00 PM   #32
Panfork
Bat Boy

Any change to roster limits for preseason in the NHL? Always wanted to try out young guys for preseason games to see what they can do, but the roster limit stays at 23, making that difficult.
Panfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:05 PM   #33
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panfork View Post
Any change to roster limits for preseason in the NHL? Always wanted to try out young guys for preseason games to see what they can do, but the roster limit stays at 23, making that difficult.
It won't make it into the game in time for release, but we think we've got a workable way of expanding the roster in the preseason, so it'll likely be coming soon. In the meantime, morale penalties for moving players up and down from farm teams during the preseason have been removed, so players can be brought up for an exhibition game without damaging their happiness.
Old 09-26-2017, 02:20 PM   #34
Panfork
Bat Boy

Quote:
It won't make it into the game in time for release, but we think we've got a workable way of expanding the roster in the preseason, so it'll likely be coming soon. In the meantime, morale penalties for moving players up and down from farm teams during the preseason have been removed, so players can be brought up for an exhibition game without damaging their happiness.
good enough for me, I'm just glad it's something you guys have already thought about. lots of good changes in the list, very excited
Panfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 04:03 PM   #35
JeffR
FHM Producer

Looks like I'm wrong, it did make it in - user-run teams will be allowed to call up all of their contracted players during the preseason, ignoring the usual roster size limit.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:11 PM   #36
haneman
Bat Boy

Can we ad more than one manager?
haneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 10:35 PM   #37
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Edit League Rules all year round?
Edit League Structure? League Evolution that includes contract with Minor League Team like Blues with Springfield Blues intill like June 30th 2020 and when up decides not to renew and hooks up with Memphis RedHawks or Blues decides to add Independence Royals as a Farm Team?
World Templates/Import them? Trading with other Leagues? Random Historical guys A. Draft?
Old 09-27-2017, 11:37 AM   #38
Anton
Minors (Double A)

The list looks quite promising.

Is the reference to a WHA rights draft essentially the game's version of the inaugural General Player draft in 1971? If so, can the players be selected by the user-gm or will they be assigned at random (or realistically) by the cpu?

Thanks for putting in the effort for this game. Can't wait for the 2nd.
Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 07:33 PM   #39
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton View Post
The list looks quite promising.

Is the reference to a WHA rights draft essentially the game's version of the inaugural General Player draft in 1971? If so, can the players be selected by the user-gm or will they be assigned at random (or realistically) by the cpu?

Thanks for putting in the effort for this game. Can't wait for the 2nd.
Yeah, that's exactly what it is. The main difference is that it's a few months later in the game (July vs. February). It's just like a regular draft, so the user can participate. It's mainly there to direct the WHA AI to be a little more efficient at signing NHL free agents (but there's still room for improvement, the NHL teams are too good at extending their better players.)
Old 09-27-2017, 07:52 PM   #40
Anton
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Yeah, that's exactly what it is. The main difference is that it's a few months later in the game (July vs. February). It's just like a regular draft, so the user can participate. It's mainly there to direct the WHA AI to be a little more efficient at signing NHL free agents (but there's still room for improvement, the NHL teams are too good at extending their better players.)
That's awesome! Will players under contract be able to be 'poached' ala real life or will it be strictly FA's?
Anton is offline   Reply With Quote