Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-16-2017, 06:22 PM   #1
aadam
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Day 1 stat modifiers?

So I started again with the latest patch. My previous save, just a few games into the season, produced some unrealistic stats, like 27 walks in a single game. As it turned out, some of the stat modifiers were off. That time, I didn't know why. So just to make sure it won't happen again, I checked the default values after creating the new game.

Without me having clicked on anything, they are already set, most between 0.95 and 1.15 but outfield assists at .340.

So what are the league totals anyway (2016 or 2017 projections?) and why are the modifiers set to other than 1 from the very first day? Are these random values or is this how the game is supposed to be played for realistic 2018 stats?
aadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 09:24 PM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

your perception aobu them is off a bit.. 1.000 isn't normal, so don't think about it that way.

if worried, hit "auto-calc" on opening day that first year. after that it's upto you to click it or tweak various LTM etc... check out the resulting Slash estimated onthat same screen... compare to bbref if you want to see what to expect as far a ERA or RS/g etc... i say that since you want certain results as you percieve to be normal... that's a bit different for all of us. if oyu don't like the resulting slash and likely runs/game then you may need to change them a bit through modifiers, preferably.

don't change LT's.. if you don't like their resulting stats, tweak the LTM after auto-calcing as you like - remember how you tweaked it for next time, if you auto-calc again. so, if you don't want "5400" homeruns (? is that it?) then you would want to reduce the LTM for homeruns after clicking Auto-Calculate League Modifiers. think of whatever value is there as "100%" or "1"... so if you want 10% less humeruns, you want to reduce that current LTM by 10%,(Don't just drop it by .100.)

a drop of .100 from 2.132 -> 2.032 is not the same as a drop from .720 to .620. the latter is a huge drop in comparison as a percent change.

If you want to disregard that, change LT in an intelligent manner. e.g. BABIP should make sense relative to your AB, hr and bb etc...

the # of sacrifices affects babip, too... it is an unsee total because it is set by the bunting strategy on the left side of that Stats and AI settings page.

think ~1100-1200some sacrifices for 30t 162g and 2017 default mlb strategy setting for bunting? anyway, at least work of fthat and it'll be close enough. if you auto-cacl and check this league-wide resulting sacrifice bunts after year one, you'll have a decent idea of what the game thinks it should be.

it's better to work the other way on sac bunts... pick a number you want, hone LTM to that point. since you cannot know it without simming many years what that setting results in for bunting. if you do it this way, you can caclulate babip more accurately for year 1... well by the time you hone the LTM, lol. i guess the same problem either way.

i have a spreadsheet, i type in new LT's and it calculates BABIP for me. if i edit HR, it changes babip for me, etc... walks and hits will cause it to change too. i even have the slash calculated automatically from the inputed LT.

if you really wanna get ocd about it, i have another more complicated spreadsheet posted in the forums for download. you can input any # of years (if you know how to add rows to an existing table properly and re-fill down on the worksheet) and it will give an estimated new LTM based on that data. It's setup to pull info for all the LTM, not just AB-related ones. you only link it to the exported csv files and type in your own inputs (color-coded yellow) for totals and current LTM.

auto-calc works well for 1 year... it will defintiely get you to ~average. even more precisely than last year, althogh that may be a mistake, lol.

anyway, the difference with teh spreadsheet resutls is that it accounts for league turnover... you'd need alot of years as you might guess. i generally sim it overnight and use however many it gets through. when i hone a set of LTM, i turn off all frivilous stuff like bb cards, awards anythign that doesn't influence the game and i normally have activated. gets quite fast.

Last edited by NoOne; 04-16-2017 at 09:38 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote