Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-25-2017, 02:56 PM   #1
adion
All Star Starter

2016 Players photos not loading

I have the database set to the correct folder but the all the players don't load, most don't. When I go to the team players page editor for an individual play and select auto reload picture from the picture functions, the pictures for the player loads. So, it is not a file name issue. I have tried different function on the players & face gen page but nothing changes in regard to loading the pictures. When I imported my leagues from 17, the pictures work fine.

What's up with this?

Last edited by adion; 03-25-2017 at 03:11 PM.
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 06:15 PM   #2
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Please see this thread and follow my instructions in post #2.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 08:30 PM   #3
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Please see this thread and follow my instructions in post #2.
Those are the setting in my game and it doesn't work It seems kind of ridiculous to have to start a new game to get pictures after you have already just started a new game. This should be fixed so you don't have to start a new game.
Old 03-25-2017, 09:12 PM   #4
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adion View Post
Those are the setting in my game and it doesn't work It seems kind of ridiculous to have to start a new game to get pictures after you have already just started a new game. This should be fixed so you don't have to start a new game.
I'm out of suggestions. Usually that's a case of incorrect settings, but in this case it doesn't appear to be. Could you please start a new thread in the Bug Reports forum, which is here? Hopefully they can help you out.

I'm just a customer like you, so my expertise is kind of limited to what I know, and I don't know how to work out of whatever it is you're dealing with. You say you imported from OOTP17 and the pictures were working at first and now they're not working, correct? Double check your database path (Game > Game Settings > League Settings > Historical > Historical Rookies Settings bottom of page), and make sure it's pointed to your OOTP Baseball 18 stats folder. This is a historical game right? Or is it a standard game? I never import my historical random debut games because I never know if the two different databases (the previous version's database, and the database of the version I'm importing to) are gonna play nice. That could just be paranoia on my part or it could be a real thing. Theoretically, you should be able to import a historical game, but I don't chance it so I'm kind of out of my depth here.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 10:03 PM   #5
Honny118
Minors (Single A)

If you're having an imported save, be sure to delete the images at this path as well: saved game's news/html/images/person_pictures folder. This also works for the logos etc.
Honny118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 08:42 AM   #6
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
I'm out of suggestions. Usually that's a case of incorrect settings, but in this case it doesn't appear to be. Could you please start a new thread in the Bug Reports forum, which is here? Hopefully they can help you out.

I'm just a customer like you, so my expertise is kind of limited to what I know, and I don't know how to work out of whatever it is you're dealing with. You say you imported from OOTP17 and the pictures were working at first and now they're not working, correct? Double check your database path (Game > Game Settings > League Settings > Historical > Historical Rookies Settings bottom of page), and make sure it's pointed to your OOTP Baseball 18 stats folder. This is a historical game right? Or is it a standard game? I never import my historical random debut games because I never know if the two different databases (the previous version's database, and the database of the version I'm importing to) are gonna play nice. That could just be paranoia on my part or it could be a real thing. Theoretically, you should be able to import a historical game, but I don't chance it so I'm kind of out of my depth here.
No, the games imported from 17 work fine. All the player photos are there and the link in the data base is to the folder in the 17 file where they were imported from. The problem is with a new 2016 historical game. Even though the database in linked to the where the photos are in the 18 file, most of the photos do not load automatically.
Old 03-26-2017, 10:44 AM   #7
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

This seems odd. I don't have any great ideas though. adion, can you please log a Pt in the beta forums and we'll take a look at it as soon as possible.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:10 AM   #8
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

I don't usually play with real photos, but created a small test league and was able to replicate your issue as I understand it. I tried out a couple of things, and this worked for me:

1) Go in to File Settings, 3D & FaceGen and Picture search mode change to Search for photo first
2) Go to Game Settings > Players & FaceGen and under Player Facegen Functions click on Generate New Player Pictures

That worked for me, so hopefully that works for you as well.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:23 AM   #9
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
I don't usually play with real photos, but created a small test league and was able to replicate your issue as I understand it. I tried out a couple of things, and this worked for me:

1) Go in to File Settings, 3D & FaceGen and Picture search mode change to Search for photo first
2) Go to Game Settings > Players & FaceGen and under Player Facegen Functions click on Generate New Player Pictures

That worked for me, so hopefully that works for you as well.
That worked. Thanks a lot. You would think that the Search for photo first function would be on the Players & FaceGen page instead of in Settings. That way it is with like items.