Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 11:48 PM   #1
AnD1 BBaller
Minors (Double A)

Lightbulb Question in Reguards to OOTP Server!

I am starting to get a lil interested in becoming a commissioner of a league. I know how to design a web page, and deal with the ftp and all the jibberish, however, I'm looking for 12 guys, actually 11, who would be interested in joining the league that haven't used their ID's yet for another league, and would help me out getting my league on the OOTP Server.

The type of league I would be looking to run.

v5--real players, real teams, with an initial draft. I'm on the fence with a salary cap, but if I were to have one it would be around the 90million dollar range. I would also be looking for day to day operations help from some people, in case I have things come up.

I will give more details later, but I want to see if I can draw enough attention and get some guys to help me out before I got any further.

There may be a curse with owners of the Braves, but lately there has been a curse during the 90's for the Braves....GO HOTTLANTA in 2003!
Old 03-04-2003, 12:09 AM   #2
rise100
Bat Boy

I would be very interested in joining your league... I have a ID#. Email me at: iknownotalot@hotmail.com or AIM: asampotter

lemme know.
Old 03-04-2003, 10:31 AM   #3
AnD1 BBaller
Minors (Double A)

I have emailed you.

There may be a curse with owners of the Braves, but lately there has been a curse during the 90's for the Braves....GO HOTTLANTA in 2003!
Old 03-04-2003, 06:13 PM   #4
AnD1 BBaller
Minors (Double A)

bump

Old 03-04-2003, 06:32 PM   #5
carlivar
Bat Boy

I am interested. I have not bought OOTP5 yet, but I'm about to. Email carl_ivar@yahoo.com or Yahoo Messenger carl_ivar.

Carl
Old 03-04-2003, 07:03 PM   #6
bulantz
Bat Boy

I am definitely interested. My name is John Lantz and my email is lab5fan@attbi.com

I also have a friend named Bryan Hostetler who is also interested. His email is hoss69@ovnet.com

I would like to see the salary cap implemented, think it would spice things up, but that is entirely up to whatever you want, I'm in either way. Can also lend any help that you may need.

Thanks for posting this.
John
Old 03-04-2003, 07:28 PM   #7
carlivar
Bat Boy

I am also in favor of a salary cap, but agree that it should be high.

One of the things that I think I like in leagues is not to sim too many games at once. Some leagues sim a month or two at a time. That's too much I think. No chance to tweak your team over the course of the season!

Carl
Old 03-04-2003, 07:37 PM   #8
AnD1 BBaller
Minors (Double A)

Okay thank you guys so much for the interest, I will be sending all of you an email within the next day or 2, but if you want, could you do me a huge favor and gimme your...

Name
Email
AIM
Team Desired
Comments-Wants-Feedback

and I will continue to help you out on the future and status of whats going on.

Old 03-04-2003, 07:53 PM   #9
bigrockshow
Minors (Single A)

I'm interested as well if there's still room. What are you thinking for speed of sims, such as once a week, twice a week? And how many games will you sim at once? I have an id as well that hasn't been used.

Gary

bigrockshow@yahoo.com
Old 03-04-2003, 07:58 PM   #10
AnD1 BBaller
Minors (Double A)

My sim schedule I was gonna think about was something like...

tuesday, thursday, sunday--which equals 3 sims per week at 5 days each, kinda like that bc of 15day DL.

Old 03-04-2003, 08:21 PM   #11
AnD1 BBaller
Minors (Double A)

As far as teams that are available here you go....

Baltimore,Montreal
Florida,Devil Rays
NY Mets,Philly
Cubbies,Tigers
Brewers,Astros
Royals,Twins
Pirates,Angels
DBacks,Oakland
Colorado,Seattle
SD Padres,Texas

the draft has already been randomized and only I know the order, and teams are taken then once the league is full I will let everyone know who has what pick. This is so gm's dont pick teams by the draft pick.

I currently have 2 ID's with me and a guy that is to later name his team. I that means we are seeking 10 more GM's who can help out with the ID's. I am workin on a website as much as possible, and I want to get the server before I unvail anything. It's pretty much easier on me and everyone else that way, so no switching back-n-forth always happening.

Rules...Owners Page, and various things like that are also being worked on. Everyone basically has the same rules, so most of our rules will be used from other leagues, given credit.

As far as joining the league, if you already have used an ID, that is fine, we just need to seek atleast 10 that can help out. I prefer that you have the game an email or export your lineups and etc...but I will allow ppl to not have the game, I don't want it to be a big problem though.

Any questions or comments, reply...

Old 03-04-2003, 08:24 PM   #12
AnD1 BBaller
Minors (Double A)

1 other thing...the big issue right now is making a banner...I know how to do pretty much everything but that LOL...so if you have any skills at that area let me know.

Old 03-04-2003, 09:55 PM   #13
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Who's running the Braves?
Old 03-04-2003, 10:06 PM   #14
AnD1 BBaller
Minors (Double A)

I am, my favorite team.

Why does it seem that every where I read post that something is always asked about the Braves?

EDIT-Are you interested in joining?

Old 03-04-2003, 10:27 PM   #15
gpm22
All Star Reserve

There is a Braves' curse causes their owner to cheat.
Old 03-04-2003, 10:29 PM   #16
AnD1 BBaller
Minors (Double A)

Really?--Maybe I should ummm take a different team. That's totally not me. So I will go against the curse!

Old 03-05-2003, 02:07 AM   #17
Neuqua458
Minors (Rookie Ball)

if the cubbies arent taken, id be interested.

Neuqua
Old 03-05-2003, 08:56 AM   #18
Weedpatch
Bat Boy

I would be interested in taking the Astros. There are other possible teams as well.

Brandon
Old 03-05-2003, 09:02 AM   #19
bulantz
Bat Boy

I would desire to play as the Oakland A's.

My firend Bryan want to play as the Pirates. I will email you confirming this info. Thanks
Old 03-05-2003, 09:26 AM   #20
bulantz
Bat Boy

I sent you a private message baller
Closed Thread