Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 11-29-2003, 11:28 AM   #1
neef
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Experienced OOTP Players Forming Exciting New League (The KBL)

The KBL (by kq76, neef, and chrisj), Now Accepting Applications!

Intro

After a great deal of research, testing, and discussion, the much talked about KBL is finally ready to launch. If you want to get in on the ground floor of a great new league that should last the test of time, then here's your chance!

What is the KBL?

The KBL (Kabalian Baseball Leagues) is a fictional league with fictional teams and players set in a fictional world. This world is loosely based on the ancient African civilizations of our world and much of the league will be influenced by this theme. More than likely most of us have not learned much about African history before colonialism, which is a shame because the history is rich and compelling. This league should motivate us to discover more about these civilizations.

Baseball is still young in this world and so the league will begin largely with Golden Era settings (often bunting and hit & run, not often pinch hitting, normal reliever usage, good pitcher endurance) and ratios (good amounts of all the stats, but not too high either). The leagues will also be slightly different, with the older league of the Kerma people being a more pitching dominant league (no DH, park effects from 80-100) while the other newer league of the Kurru favouring offense (DH, park effects from 100-120). The 24 teams will have African sounding names with respected animals as their mascots and unique symbols as their logos. The players will also have African sounding names made from a name generator that we created.

The league will employ a fairly unique financial system where 10% of each teams' revenues will be pooled and shared based on efficiency ratios (Wins/Player Expenses) to give a little boost to those well-managed small market teams. The league will also have an 80M$ salary cap and a 10M$ cash max.

Why would I want to be a part of the KBL?

The KBL will:

-promote fun, fair play, and the golden rule
-have a system in place to ensure that the league will be around for a number of seasons
-have rules in place to ensure competitive balance while allowing managers room to maneuver
-be run by 2 mature individuals with a great deal of online league experience between them (kq76 and neef) and advised by a very successful and experienced commish (chrisj)
-be determined by you, as all major changes will be voted on by the members
-will try to add as many things as possible that will add to your enjoyment and participation in the league

Where can I find more information about the KBL?

You can find out more at the league's website at:

www.simrc.net/kbl/

(temporary location until we get on the OOTP server)

How do I apply?

From the "Info" page on the website, go to the "How To Apply" section, copy and paste the application questions (Name, E-Mail Address, etc) into an e-mail answer them, and send it to both: erickneipfer@yahoo.com AND kq76@hotmail.com.

We will wait three days and then begin sending invitations. Once all the positions have been filled, we will post a notification to this thread and begin our initial draft.

All experience levels are wanted and newbies are highly encouraged to join. We want a good mix of people, so don't think you don't have a chance.

Let's play ball!!

Kier and neef

Last edited by neef; 11-29-2003 at 05:33 PM.
neef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 11:30 AM   #2
kq76
Global Moderator

I'd just like to say that we are very excited about this unveiling of our creation. We've put a lot of hard work into this and we are going to try to make this one of the most active and enjoyable leagues OOTP has known. If you'd like to join us in this endeavor, we'd love to have you aboard.

Cheers everyone!
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 12:03 PM   #3
Michael Xavier
Major Leagues

Guys, I like the idea, and I would like to play, help, contribute, but the league page is in a very small font and I can't see diddley.
Michael Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 12:11 PM   #4
Michael Xavier
Major Leagues

OK, I've figured a way to view the Info... I just cut and past it to my Word, and then enlarge the font if needed...

I do like this idea... I can revive my juju accusations that I used to level when I was GM of the Cairo Pharoahs in the World Baseball League. Lagos and Cape Town were always up to using the shamans to throw games.
Old 11-29-2003, 12:13 PM   #5
kq76
Global Moderator

Sorry. How about now? We had the font at em's instead of px's, as px's can be considered rude for those with disabilities. I'll try to find something that will fit both preferences.
Old 11-29-2003, 12:49 PM   #6
Michael Xavier
Major Leagues

Here's a criticism... I'm good at that, just ask my league commishes. Um, there is talk in your info section about eventually expanding your league by adding a new league called the Khartoum League.

Now, if that happened, then there would be three leagues. Is that possible? And if you couple that with the Kerma and Kurru league, you would get what? The KKK. Mmmm hmmm, and this is an African league no less. I see now. This is a subversive recruitment scheme and slam by the boys in white sheets.

This is just like how the UBL, actually secretly stands for Usama Bin Laden.
Old 11-29-2003, 12:58 PM   #7
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Xavier
Here's a criticism... I'm good at that, just ask my league commishes. Um, there is talk in your info section about eventually expanding your league by adding a new league called the Khartoum League.

Now, if that happened, then there would be three leagues. Is that possible? And if you couple that with the Kerma and Kurru league, you would get what? The KKK. Mmmm hmmm, and this is an African league no less. I see now. This is a subversive recruitment scheme and slam by the boys in white sheets.

This is just like how the UBL, actually secretly stands for Usama Bin Laden.

Eric!! I told you you were supposed to look for things that might look bad like that!

Michael, I assure you that, if we do expand, which we probably won't until the league is as successful as some of the most respected leagues here, that we'll do everything to avoid being known as the ### league. If we have to, we'll have one of the other groups take over the Khartoum and assimilate them. I have no idea.

I'd personally love to have a 3 league league, which might be a feature of what, OOTP7? But that's all just speculation right now. For now we'll be content with just making this 24 team league as successful as it possibly can be. I just wanted to show that there are lots of directions in which we can take the league and that the only real limitation will be that of the members' imaginations.
Old 11-29-2003, 12:59 PM   #8
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

OSAMA BIN LADEN!!
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 01:03 PM   #9
Michael Xavier
Major Leagues

Whatever Cooley, I know you are a terrorist sympathizer. Don't you have some anthrax to deliver?
Old 11-29-2003, 01:12 PM   #10
Michael Xavier
Major Leagues

Alright, here is another criticism. There is going to be a DH in the Kurru League, yet the league is stating in 1001 A.D. Well, my question is this -- what kind of perverted mind would think of that sickening possibility that early in time? Hell, it took until 1973 for our deviant American minds to implement the idea.

How about this? What about pumping up pitcher's batting stats a notch or two. This is a fictional league. These players are Africans. C'mon, Martin Dihigo was one of the best pitchers and hitters in the Negro Leagues.
Old 11-29-2003, 01:15 PM   #11
Michael Xavier
Major Leagues

Speaking of the UBL and Negro Leagues, this league does have some possiblity. You could a have slogan like this

Kabalian Baseball League -- the Ur-Negro League
Old 11-29-2003, 01:49 PM   #12
Jeremy Weimer
Hall Of Famer

It sounds like an interesting league and I even got an email inviting me to check it out but there's a few things I don't like about the league. Well I guess just one main thing really, it's a fictional league. If you know me you know out of all the types of leagues I dislike fictional the most so that turned me off from being interested in the league. Plus even if I was interested I don't have the time for another league right now. It is a sweet concept for a league though, good luck with it.
Jeremy Weimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 02:18 PM   #13
Akrobat
All Star Reserve

I was also invited, and I would consider joining IF there was a domain on its way. Geocities is quite possibly the worst site to host a league on as you exceed your bandwidth almost on a daily basis. Any plans to buy a domain?
Old 11-29-2003, 02:20 PM   #14
Karen Lutz
Ball Breaker

seems everyone was invited....... mass mail? or was there actually only a few people invited?
Karen Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 02:24 PM   #15
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Akrobat
I was also invited, and I would consider joining IF there was a domain on its way. Geocities is quite possibly the worst site to host a league on as you exceed your bandwidth almost on a daily basis. Any plans to buy a domain?
We are planning on moving to the OOTP server as soon as we can, provided we meet the order ID requirement. However, if we cannot, I have made backup plans to switch to better hosts just in case.

EDIT: League has been moved as edited above in Eric (neef)'s post.

Last edited by kq76; 11-29-2003 at 05:53 PM.
Old 11-29-2003, 02:27 PM   #16
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Karen Lutz
seems everyone was invited....... mass mail? or was there actually only a few people invited?
I tried to make sure that I invited everyone that I had e-mails for. I did not want anyone we knew to be upset that they found out too late and did not get a chance to apply.

You will also notice that I kept the e-mails bcc (blind carbon copy) to protect everyone's privacy and I noted that it was a one time notice only. If anyone is upset about receiving the notice, I apologize, it will not happen again.
Old 11-29-2003, 02:31 PM   #17
potatoman
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
=[

New Jersey Nighthawks (1227-717)

Last 5 seasons

2011: 118-44
2012: 100-62
2013: 111-51
2014: 106-56
2015: 108-54

OTBA Champions: 2008, 2010,2011
potatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 03:14 PM   #18
Jeremy Weimer
Hall Of Famer

I'm fine with receiving the note. I felt honored being invited to check out the league. Just don't have the time for it. Wait, how did you get my email? I'm not in any leagues with you and don't talk to you. Are you stalking me?
Jeremy Weimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 03:29 PM   #19
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Weimer
I'm fine with receiving the note. I felt honored being invited to check out the league. Just don't have the time for it. Wait, how did you get my email? I'm not in any leagues with you and don't talk to you. Are you stalking me?
Actually, do you remember when you first came around here and you asked about what historical leagues there were and I told you of a couple that you should check out? I remember because you used my name as a reference to apply to the CA.
Old 11-29-2003, 03:31 PM   #20
EagleEye_0
All Star Starter

Guys, I would love to sign up for this league. Also, I noticed you guys are on geocities. I might be able to help out and give you some webspace. I also might be willing to help out on web design if you guys are interested.
EagleEye_0 is offline   Reply With Quote