Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 09-02-2017, 11:48 AM   #1
aadam
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Adjusting to 2017 scoring environment?

I finished my first season with the default major league configuration and want to adjust stat output to the 2017 real life MLB scoring environment. I'm in 2018 spring training, and changed league totals to somewhere between 2016 defaults and 2017 projected real life totals.Clicked on auto-calc modifiers. I never understood how these worked together but I'm getting pretty high modifier (1.7) for home runs, everything else is between 0.85 and 1.2.

Is this the correct way to adjust output?
aadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 01:11 PM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

did you make sure BABIP and BB and all that stuff adds up to the slash you intended?

use a simple spreadsheet, look up the equations... fiddle with hits, 2b, 3b, hr, etc until those equations add up properly. otherwise do not change the League Totals values.

you can still make the effect you want intuitively wihtout changing the LT.

e.g. ** for changing 1 at a time!! also understand side effects of increasing/decreasing any particular stat. using HR, that's goign to effect BABIP too, as one example.

This also assumes the LT/LTM was callibrated in some way -- most likley by clicking Auto-calculate... since any one year is not likely to be perfectly average in all relevant aspects of LTM/LT effects, realize you may need some slight adjustments after any change... do 1 at a time unless you *know* things are well-callibrated.

5200 hr (think thats ~about what it is default?)

2017 results projected to be upper 6k to low 7k? let's say you want 5800.

600/5200 = ~11.5% increase..

Current LTM *1.115 = New HR LTM for ~5800 hr. (one caveat, auto-calculate will no longer work on it's own if you want ~5800hr, you'll have to apply that 11.5% increse to any auto-calced value in future... also any other tweaks made due to changing anything else, of course.

anything that deviates from the LT values will have to be done by hand after any auto-calc click, or it will resemble the LT, and not what you want. OR do change the LT, but make use of the spreadsheet to adjust all of them to fit together as they should.

babip with drop a bit... that same spreadsheet example above is useful here too... you may want to make slight adjustments elswhere due to this change... approach them 1 at a time and with the same logical process. what else did hr effect? anything?

i'll attach a portion of a spreadsheet i regularly use. the yellow boxes are inputs, the green will be calculated...

SF = ~1240 based on my arbitrary choice from long-term sims. it's probably +/- 50 from the auto-calculated LTM for SF... so, it's close but not perfect for you (~perfect for me). if you look at recent history of your league you can guesstimate better than +/-50.... just remember year-to-year result will sway upto ~10% from average for SF in OotP. look for 2 extremes an ~midpoint is good guess for your league's average. change SF as necessary for your league. it can only be known *well* from a long-term sim with static LTM/LT, unfortunately... auto-calc should strive for a particular value that should become obvious with any auto-calculate.

i didn't clean it up.. so some stuff in spreadsheet doesn't relate... if you want to convert to XAB or Xteams, that's also there... then defualts for minors for my reference. that worksheet is ripped from one i use to organize new leagu setups and such.

***EDIT**** - rename ".ods" That is NOT a zip file it's a openoffic calc ODS file. excell can read it too. openoffice is from Apache and it's free high quality open-source stuff.
Attached Files
File Type: zip League Totals helper.zip (19.7 KB, 47 views)

Last edited by NoOne; 09-02-2017 at 01:32 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 02:59 PM   #3
aadam
Minors (Rookie Ball)

But does it set HR mod to 1.7 then?
aadam is offline   Reply With Quote