Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 05-26-2009, 10:43 PM   #1
karadur
Minors (Triple A)

16 team schedule request

- 2 sub leagues
- 8 teams per subleague
- 2 divisions per subleague/4 teams in each
- 16 total teams
- 120 game schedule
- Interleague, no
- Breakdown (unbalanced schedule): unbalanced (play divisional foes much more than the other division) possibly 22 Division/13.5 Interdivision
- Season begins April 1
- All-star game July 4th.
- 2 game series
karadur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:54 AM   #2
gmo
Hall Of Famer

My initial thought was 24/12 breakdown for division/interdivision, and that seems especially reasonable if you want all 2-game series.

With all 2-game series, would 6 games per 7 days be okay?
gmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:57 AM   #3
karadur
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo View Post
My initial thought was 24/12 breakdown for division/interdivision, and that seems especially reasonable if you want all 2-game series.

With all 2-game series, would 6 games per 7 days be okay?
That would be perfect although it doesn't have to be all 2 game series if that makes it easier one way or the other.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:40 PM   #4
karadur
Minors (Triple A)

Quick question. What is the latest point in the season (preseason) you can import a new schedule? Can you do it any time before opening day? Can you do it before any sims take place ON opening day?
Old 05-30-2009, 05:44 PM   #5
gmo
Hall Of Famer

#
# 16 team schedule, 120 games
# Designed for the following configuration:
# 2 subleagues each with 2 divisions, each with 4 teams
#
#
# 24 games against each of 3 other teams in division (12H/12A)
# 12 games against each of 4 other teams in league (6H/6A)
# no inteleague games
#
#
# Mostly 2-game series but with a few 3-game series mixed in
# Teams play 3 series per 7 day period
#
# No cases of more than 20 straight days without offday
#
# No homestands or roadtrips longer than 11 games
#
# All game times set at 7:05pm
#
# Season begins April 1st
# Season thus ends mid-August
#
# All-Star Game set for July 4th
#
# Add 'start_day_of_week="2"' in SCHEDULE line above to start schedule
# on first Monday on or after April 1 rather than exact date of April 1
#
Old 05-30-2009, 05:48 PM   #6
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by karadur View Post
Quick question. What is the latest point in the season (preseason) you can import a new schedule? Can you do it any time before opening day? Can you do it before any sims take place ON opening day?
I am afraid I am getting more useless when it comes to questions about the game operations. I know you cannot change the schedule at the point of opening day. I believe schedule changes can be made during the "offseason" and the "preseason" - from the end of playoffs (or season if no playoffs) until the start of spring training. I believe "offseason" and "preseason" are labelled somewhere in the corner of main screens like by the game date so that it is easy enough to tell if you are in either.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:32 AM   #7
karadur
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I am afraid I am getting more useless when it comes to questions about the game operations. I know you cannot change the schedule at the point of opening day. I believe schedule changes can be made during the "offseason" and the "preseason" - from the end of playoffs (or season if no playoffs) until the start of spring training. I believe "offseason" and "preseason" are labelled somewhere in the corner of main screens like by the game date so that it is easy enough to tell if you are in either.
That's ok, we went ahead with the start of our season in the online league this was for, but we will be using this schedule format going forward. Thanks so much.

Another question that I think I know the answer to is: Will this schedule be different each season(as far as matchups go from week to week) and will we have to re import it every season or just once?
Old 05-31-2009, 02:01 AM   #8
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by karadur View Post
Another question that I think I know the answer to is: Will this schedule be different each season(as far as matchups go from week to week) and will we have to re import it every season or just once?
It only needs to be imported once as long as everything works out the way you want. The games always stay the same, but the matchups (who plays whom in each of the games) do shuffle year to year. Looking at the schedule file you see teams are denoted by numbers, and within each division the assignment of those numbers is randomized from one season to the next. Perhaps one year the numbers are like 1=ANA, 2=OAK, 3=SEA, 4=TEX, then the next it might be 1=SEA, 2= OAK, 3=TEX, 4=ANA.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:25 PM   #9
karadur
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
It only needs to be imported once as long as everything works out the way you want. The games always stay the same, but the matchups (who plays whom in each of the games) do shuffle year to year. Looking at the schedule file you see teams are denoted by numbers, and within each division the assignment of those numbers is randomized from one season to the next. Perhaps one year the numbers are like 1=ANA, 2=OAK, 3=SEA, 4=TEX, then the next it might be 1=SEA, 2= OAK, 3=TEX, 4=ANA.
That was what I thought. Again I thank you very much.