Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 01-09-2009, 11:42 PM   #1
Jaxxvain
All Star Reserve

Question Toughest Schedule Request ever?

This maybe the toughest request yet so let me know if this is feasible.

"Okay, on to the details. It will probably be best to read all the way through before forming any questions."

1 subleague
4 divisions (team numbers below)
"75 game season (60 games within division, plus 15 ""rivalry"" games)"
"The numbers in quotes represent the teams that will make up the ""rivalry"" games"
"The division games should be 30h/30a, series lengths are flexible, but prefer the most ""logical"" and consistent as possible"
"The ""rivalry"" games will all be hosted by the team with the higher # (ex., team 22 will have all 15 home games, team 5 will host team 1 for 5 games, but be on the road against teams 10 and 16 for 5 games each)"
Season starts April 1st
All Rivalry games will need to be day games
All divisional games need to be night games

Division One (3x20)
"Team 1 ""5,10,16"" x5=15"
"Team 2 ""6,11,17"" x5=15"
"Team 3 ""7,12,18"" x5=15"
"Team 4 ""8,13,19"" x5=15"

Division Two (4x15)
"Team 5 ""1,10,16"" x5=15"
"Team 6 ""2,11,17"" x5=15"
"Team 7 ""3,12,18"" x5=15"
"Team 8 ""4,13,19"" x5=15"
"Team 9 ""14,15,20,21,22"" x3=15"

Division Three (5x12)
"Team 10 ""1,5,16"" x5=15"
"Team 11 ""2,6,17"" x5=15"
"Team 12 ""3,7,18"" x5=15"
"Team 13 ""4,8,19"" x5=15"
"Team 14 ""9,15,20,21,22"" x3=15"
"Team 15 ""9,14,20,21,22"" x3=15"

Division Four (6x10)
"Team 16 ""1,5,10"" x5=15"
"Team 17 ""2,6,11"" x5=15"
"Team 18 ""3,7,12"" x5=15"
"Team 19 ""4,8,13"" x5=15"
"Team 20 ""9,14,15,21,22"" x3=15"
"Team 21 ""9,14,15,20,22"" x3=15"
"Team 22 ""9,14,15,20,21"" x3=15"

"Let me know if you think this is possible, and if you could do it for me. If not I think I could do it, but it would take me a year."

thanks in advance for any help you could offer

- Molson
aka Jaxxvain

Last edited by Jaxxvain; 01-09-2009 at 11:58 PM.
Jaxxvain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:43 PM   #2
gmo
Hall Of Famer

I will have to give this some thought.

My initial impressions are that and home/away splits may be tricky (with 75 games home/away cannot be even, and I figure home and away games for teams will range from 36-39), and that series would be usually 3-game with some 2-game. Juggling the offdays may be some trouble.

All-Star Game? If so, when?
gmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:17 PM   #3
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, okay, I totally whiffed on remembering the H/A for the rivalry games. That probably takes care of the H/A splits.

Another question though would be layout of the series. How frequent should offdays be? I.e., in how many days should the 75 games be played? That also invites the question of if an All Star Game is wanted, and if so, when.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:26 AM   #4
Jaxxvain
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo View Post
Yeah, okay, I totally whiffed on remembering the H/A for the rivalry games. That probably takes care of the H/A splits.

Another question though would be layout of the series. How frequent should offdays be? I.e., in how many days should the 75 games be played? That also invites the question of if an All Star Game is wanted, and if so, when.
The H/A are still tricky for the 5 team division (division 2), as they are playing each other 15 times. In all those cases give the team with the highest number the home game, so team 9 would get more home games than team 8, and so on.

I tried setting up an excel sheet myself to get this going, and the off days seem to be the biggest hangup. It is not ultra important, but basically the most logical way is preferred. What ever way you can get the games to fit without having teams with too many off days in a row compared to other teams, and without having too many consecutive games compared to other teams.

Please note that the rivalry games need to be day games and the division games need to be night games so I can track them separately (and the stats separately too).

As I said I am trying to set this up myself, but I think I hit a wall. I will try again today, but I think it might be beyond me at this point.

almost forgot. I would like the ASG later in the season, if it could be 3 weeks from the end of the season that would be good. So the teams would have a few weeks to get their rotations set for the playoffs.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:47 PM   #5
gmo
Hall Of Famer

I think I have a breakdown where every team plays 30 series which are all 2-game or 3-game (except for one 1-game series between 9 & 22). The next trick is then organizing them so that everyone is playing in one series at a time.

This should be manageable if all series blocks are set to 3 days - over those days teams will either 2 or 3 games. With 30 series, that makes 90 total days (not counting All Star break) and thus 15 offdays, meaning on average teams play 5 games every 6 days compared to a modern MLB average of about 9 games per 10 days. That number of offdays may be trimmed a bit if some 2-game series can be grouped all together to make some 2-day series blocks. But I do not expect to be able to reasonably do much if any of that.

The game times should be of little issue. It might be a bit confusing where the rivalry games are against division opponents (like 21 vs 22).
Old 01-11-2009, 01:04 PM   #6
Jaxxvain
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I think I have a breakdown where every team plays 30 series which are all 2-game or 3-game (except for one 1-game series between 9 & 22). The next trick is then organizing them so that everyone is playing in one series at a time.

This should be manageable if all series blocks are set to 3 days - over those days teams will either 2 or 3 games. With 30 series, that makes 90 total days (not counting All Star break) and thus 15 offdays, meaning on average teams play 5 games every 6 days compared to a modern MLB average of about 9 games per 10 days. That number of offdays may be trimmed a bit if some 2-game series can be grouped all together to make some 2-day series blocks. But I do not expect to be able to reasonably do much if any of that.

The game times should be of little issue. It might be a bit confusing where the rivalry games are against division opponents (like 21 vs 22).
Sounds like you are close to getting it together. I am not sure why you have a 1 game series, team 9 should be playing 3 games at team 22.

The amount of days off in your above mentioned format would be fine.

Quote:
I can fix the game times myself if there is no way to automate them.

Quote:
...The next trick is then organizing them so that everyone is playing in one series at a time...
This is the part that is holding me up, but I am not the expert that you are.

Keep me posted.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:59 PM   #7
gmo
Hall Of Famer

#
# 22 team schedule, 75 games
# Designed for the following configuration:
# 1 subleagues with 4 divisions with 4, 5, 6, 7 teams
#
# All teams play 60 division games and 15 games "rivalry" games
# Most rivalry games are interdivision, though not all are
#
# Details of rivalry games described here:
# http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...uest-ever.html
#
# Series all 2-game and 3-game (except for one 1-game series)
# Series are in 3-day blocks with occasional 2-day blocks of all 2-game series
# Offdays are thus scattered about
# and like series fall on all different days of week
#
# "Regular" game times set at 7:05pm
# "Rivalry" game times set at 2:05pm
#
# Season begins first Tuesday on or after April 1st
# Season thus ends late June/early July
# All-Star Game set for first Thursday on or after June 5th
#
Attached Files
File Type: zip ILN_BGN_G75_SL1_D1_T4_D2_T5_D3_T6_D4_T7_C_a1_gmo.zip (3.8 KB, 92 views)
Old 01-12-2009, 09:05 AM   #8
Jaxxvain
All Star Reserve

Thanks gmo

I can't wait to get home and test it out.

As always, your work here is greatly appreciated.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:33 PM   #9
Jaxxvain
All Star Reserve

first off, thanks for your work.

second, I am a moron. The game does not track day/night wins and losses for teams, so...

third, can you possible re-work the schedule to have all the rivalry games within the month of May?
And the division games would be restricted to April, June and July?

The ASG can be in late May, as there should be an open week available.

Let me know if you are willing to do this or not, or if it is even possible.

Last edited by Jaxxvain; 01-14-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:04 PM   #10
Jaxxvain
All Star Reserve

nevermind

i figured a way to grab the day/night win/loss from the games.csv dump!

Old 12-10-2009, 03:08 PM   #11
Jaxxvain
All Star Reserve

gmo -

I was wondering if you could tweak this schedule so the Division games are all in April, May and then July. And all the "rivalry" games in June with the all-star game at the end of June sometime?

If possible the Rivalry games should be somewhat frontloaded to the beginning of June, so teams cannot rely on 3-man pitching rotations. I realize this will leave more open days at the end of the month, but that will be fine (and the all-star game can be "centered" in the open days so as not to affect pitching rotations).

Thanks!
Old 12-11-2009, 02:18 AM   #12
gmo
Hall Of Famer

When there is an odd number of teams in divisions, not allowing rivalry games to be interspersed with the division games would require a team from the divisions being off. That is why there is always at least one rivalry series going on at any given time.

I am afraid there is not a realistic way to clsuter like you are describing without some teams having blocks of offdays because they cannot have a matchup while most other teams are playing.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:48 PM   #13
Jaxxvain
All Star Reserve

Quote:
When there is an odd number of teams in divisions, not allowing rivalry games to be interspersed with the division games would require a team from the divisions being off. That is why there is always at least one rivalry series going on at any given time.

I am afraid there is not a realistic way to clsuter like you are describing without some teams having blocks of offdays because they cannot have a matchup while most other teams are playing.
gmo -

I understand what your getting at, and I know it won't be the most "uniform" looking schedule, but I would like to see the how it would turn out.

If each division was treated like it's own league, and each team had to play 30 games in April and early May. Then have a few weeks off. Start rivalry games in June. Have a few weeks off.
Then 30 games in July and early August. Then Playoffs.

If you could set it up like that it would be greatly appreciated.