Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 02:00 PM   #121
CoolHandLuke
Bat Boy

WELL... This thread's certainly turned out interesting...

ANYWAY. I joined a league, and am getting some experience with it--but I do think that it's nothing like running a league.

So, I've decided that I am going to start my own league. I'll be out of town for about a week, but plan to get it started up immediately after that. I could still use a couple people from here to help out if anyone's interested. You can e-mail me: ebradner@insightbb.com.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:32 PM   #122
wireman
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys3356
Yes and that league could have been great but the commish was a wacko so it didn't work out. If I remember right, the commish got angry at OOTP when version 6 came out or maybe it was a patch for version 5 and he claimed to delete all OOTP products from his computer and then just disappeared from the boards saying "they would never get his money again". Pretty crazy stuff.
Thanks for responding.

If I'd been commishing that league, I might have wound up being a "wacko" too.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:34 PM   #123
wireman
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHandLuke

ANYWAY. I joined a league, and am getting some experience with it--but I do think that it's nothing like running a league.

So, I've decided that I am going to start my own league. I'll be out of town for about a week, but plan to get it started up immediately after that. I could still use a couple people from here to help out if anyone's interested. You can e-mail me: ebradner@insightbb.com.
Sorry your thread got hijacked. Consolation prize: You started a longer thread than I ever did.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:00 PM   #124
IatricSB
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHandLuke

Good luck and if you ever need help, there are quite a few commishes on these boards that would be happy to help with questions.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a Ride!"

Chicago(N) - Boys of Summer
Oakland - 20th Century League
Bakersfield - Wild Things
Brooklyn - QBA
Dodge City - NBSL
California - ABC

Dodger's Senioriest fan on the OOTP Boards
Old 07-07-2005, 03:04 PM   #125
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by remangiii
I think I remember that. He was a beta tester, iirc.
adventureran

He disappeared for a while and it turned out he had a stroke. Then he came back, went a little whacko and bye-bye.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:42 PM   #126
IatricSB
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015
adventureran

He disappeared for a while and it turned out he had a stroke. Then he came back, went a little whacko and bye-bye.
Yeah, that sounds right. But wasn't there someone else (maybe totally unrelated to the original league in question) that had some really nice sites/utilities, etc., that suddenly got mad at something that happened and shut down everything. I'll admit my memory was fuzzy, but I thought there was someone else in addition to adventureran.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a Ride!"

Chicago(N) - Boys of Summer
Oakland - 20th Century League
Bakersfield - Wild Things
Brooklyn - QBA
Dodge City - NBSL
California - ABC

Dodger's Senioriest fan on the OOTP Boards
Old 07-07-2005, 05:04 PM   #127
Davey Eckstein
Banned

+1 before lock.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:13 PM   #128
Cardinal Rule
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey Eckstein
+1 before lock.
Wonder if there are any mods around these parts anymore...
Closed Thread