Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 05-21-2016, 06:39 PM   #41
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

those games (front page sports 94-97 at least) had 2 or 3 routes you could run that would always be open. you could average 20yards/attempt or more, if you wanted. it was almost as bad as tecmo super bowl '91 with bo jackson, et al, as far as putting up arcade-like stats.

Last edited by NoOne; 05-21-2016 at 06:40 PM.
Old 05-23-2016, 07:04 PM   #42
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

The amazing part about the FPS games was that it was as enjoyable in coach mode than any joystick game. (And I play Madden, NCAA etc)

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Old 05-23-2016, 07:58 PM   #43
swoboda
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
The amazing part about the FPS games was that it was as enjoyable in coach mode than any joystick game. (And I play Madden, NCAA etc)
Gambo speaks the truth !

The late great Lindsey Nelson
Old 05-27-2016, 07:49 AM   #44
cultbuscus
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This sounds awesome! I'm just getting into OOTP 17 for the first time over the last month, and I've been obsessed with re-creating history with my Yankees franchise (always wished Shoeless Joe never got banned), and I was curious if I'd be able to do the same thing with this first iteration of BTS, i.e. create a true winner in the 90's with the Giants and prevent the Cowboys from succeeding at anything ever. I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I was just curious. Really excited about this, particularly the play calling aspect sounds awesome!
Old 05-28-2016, 04:15 AM   #45
Michael Winter
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cultbuscus View Post
This sounds awesome! I'm just getting into OOTP 17 for the first time over the last month, and I've been obsessed with re-creating history with my Yankees franchise (always wished Shoeless Joe never got banned), and I was curious if I'd be able to do the same thing with this first iteration of BTS, i.e. create a true winner in the 90's with the Giants and prevent the Cowboys from succeeding at anything ever. I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I was just curious. Really excited about this, particularly the play calling aspect sounds awesome!

Historical stuff won't be in the game anytime soon because of all the rules changes that have happened over time.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:00 PM   #46
yazfan67
Minors (Triple A)

This is all great news. I haven't been on the BTS forum for a while as I have immersed in OOTP17 but it is wonderful to have you aboard, Michael!

My favorite football game was the Lance Hafner football from way back in the day, very simple but enjoyable to play.

As a former play by play football announcer, it will be a joy to see the game develop and if help is needed, we are out here!

Welcome again!
Old 06-03-2016, 08:42 PM   #47
banning23
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Welcome aboard Michael Winter now we are seeing LIGHT at the end of the tunnel we have a lot of trust and hope in your work to give our modders and contributors to do their job to help us none modders like me but i see a long future in this project. Thank You And Welcome Aboard.
Old 08-06-2016, 03:00 PM   #48
Hootowl9
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post
Thanks for the update Marcus.

Welcome to the show Michael Winter.

Plus a Packer Fan to Boot!!!!
Old 08-20-2016, 07:39 PM   #49
jw80daddy
Bat Boy

Really looking forward to Beyond The Sideline. If it's anything like OOTP 17 we're in for a great one. Would love to find Lance Haffner's 3 in 1 Football sim to play around with in the meantime.
Old 08-22-2016, 03:24 PM   #50
Statsman1
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw80daddy View Post
Really looking forward to Beyond The Sideline. If it's anything like OOTP 17 we're in for a great one. Would love to find Lance Haffner's 3 in 1 Football sim to play around with in the meantime.
I believe that, through the use of an emulator on your PC, you should be able to find a ROM to this game pretty easily.

There was also this thread, if you haven't seen it already, that talked about it.

OOTP Discussion Around Lance Haffner 3-in-1 Football
Old 08-22-2016, 03:31 PM   #51
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootowl9 View Post
Plus a Packer Fan to Boot!!!!

I am a Lydowns fan (Lions) Although I do find myself rooting for Pitt and GB on occasion.
I cant wait to stick Rudock in as QB and kick Stafford to the curb .... stats mean nothing if you cant get the W's. I have always said he is on the all time greatest QB that cant win list. I saw Rudock play in the 2 preseason games and I seen his leadership style is far different than Stafford and players do seem to respond well to it. I know Rudock will be holding the clipboard this season and that's OK. Have heard stories of comparison to another very good QB on way to HOF but I wont go that far just yet

Last edited by r0nster; 08-22-2016 at 03:32 PM.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:37 PM   #52
yazfan67
Minors (Triple A)

I used to have Lance Hafner but most sites now are dark
Old 09-03-2016, 07:09 AM   #53
kg04
Bat Boy

Any updates to the game, it has been a looong time since. Wondering how far it has come by now
Old 09-03-2016, 01:44 PM   #54
gbmoore121
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg04 View Post
Any updates to the game, it has been a looong time since. Wondering how far it has come by now
Michael posted this about 2 weeks ago.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post4080179
Old 09-05-2016, 05:28 PM   #55
Hootowl9
Minors (Double A)

Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhaz View Post
Go Vikings!
Nice! Mr. Mike Winter a Packer fan!!!!

GO Packers!
Old 09-28-2016, 03:58 PM   #56
Leefoo
Major Leagues

Right now, Football Mogul is the only career development game out there. It isn't bad, but it could be a whole lot better.

They have all seasons from 1970 on and are going to include (I think) the 50s and 60s with their next update.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:00 PM   #57
Leefoo
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazfan67 View Post
I used to have Lance Hafner but most sites now are dark
Unless you have a software program to play these old Dos games, they are gone. A buddy of mine kept an old, old computer just to play it.

Now, however, he plays nothing but Action Sports PC Football (DKSports). That is what I play. It is very enjoyable.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:29 AM   #58
Game On
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Football Mogul

Any idea when they're releasing Football Mogul 17?
Thanks
Old 09-29-2016, 12:07 PM   #59
dmytron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game On View Post
Any idea when they're releasing Football Mogul 17?
Thanks
I believe you'd better ask this question at Football Mogul Forum.

Old 09-29-2016, 02:47 PM   #60
rmoons24
Minors (Single A)

Probably before this train wreck.