Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.8 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 6 Available

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2014, 04:09 PM   #221
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 6,459
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 3,825
Thanked 3,249x in 1,521 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justafan View Post
I don't want to add rarely used elements to this due to keeping it fairly simple.

That said, maybe in a future version I could allow a custom layer to be imported that is created in another graphics program. Hmmm, I like that idea, I'm not sure how well it will work, but I will add it to my list.
That would be fantastic!
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:21 PM   #222
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer
 
Dark Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Texas!
Posts: 2,376
Blog Entries: 3
Thanks: 1,491
Thanked 407x in 280 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post
That would be fantastic!
What he said.
__________________


A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 07:34 AM   #223
justafan
Hall Of Famer
 
justafan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: S. Carolina
Posts: 5,293
Thanks: 1,558
Thanked 7,709x in 3,215 posts
Update version 1.15

New Setup Wizard for easy installation.

Added "Style 1" to Shoulders group.

Added "Collar Stripes" to new Miscellaneous group.

Added ability to import a custom 512x512 layer.
Attached Images
Image Image 
__________________
justafan is offline   Reply With Quote
8 thanks for this post:
cephasjames (10-18-2014), DreamTeams (10-18-2014), ghostrobot (10-19-2014), illeracula (10-22-2014), le receveur (10-18-2014), prisonerno6 (10-18-2014), rocknfire7 (10-18-2014), tripleF (10-18-2014)
Old 10-18-2014, 11:50 AM   #224
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Juust a bit outside...
Posts: 4,254
Thanks: 964
Thanked 2,155x in 1,233 posts
Outstanding on all 3 updates!!
__________________
"Cannonball Coming!" Go Bucs!!
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 12:52 PM   #225
DreamTeams
Hall Of Famer
 
DreamTeams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,413
Thanks: 1,410
Thanked 828x in 443 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justafan View Post
Update version 1.15

Added ability to import a custom 512x512 layer.
Can't seem to find where to do this.
__________________
DreamTeams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 02:14 PM   #226
justafan
Hall Of Famer
 
justafan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: S. Carolina
Posts: 5,293
Thanks: 1,558
Thanked 7,709x in 3,215 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamTeams View Post
Can't seem to find where to do this.
Just check the "Use Extra Layer" box and the "Import Layer" button will be enabled.
Attached Images
Image 
__________________
justafan is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
DreamTeams (10-18-2014), Lafayette53 (10-19-2014)
Old 10-18-2014, 05:37 PM   #227
mghurst
All Star Starter
 
mghurst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,068
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 675
Thanked 525x in 337 posts
can we sticky this please
mghurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Rizon (08-24-2015)
Old 10-19-2014, 06:34 AM   #228
ghostrobot
Minors (Double A)
 
ghostrobot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 197
Thanks: 278
Thanked 141x in 103 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justafan View Post
Update version 1.15

New Setup Wizard for easy installation.

Added "Style 1" to Shoulders group.

Added "Collar Stripes" to new Miscellaneous group.

Added ability to import a custom 512x512 layer.
How can I update the software? Should I remove the current version first and then re-download the program? Or can I just download and re-install it without losing my templates and jerseys?

Thanks so much for making these for all of us photoshop/gimp/paint challenged people. This is changing my OOTP life.
ghostrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 07:13 AM   #229
justafan
Hall Of Famer
 
justafan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: S. Carolina
Posts: 5,293
Thanks: 1,558
Thanked 7,709x in 3,215 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrobot View Post
How can I update the software? Should I remove the current version first and then re-download the program? Or can I just download and re-install it without losing my templates and jerseys?

Thanks so much for making these for all of us photoshop/gimp/paint challenged people. This is changing my OOTP life.
The setup wizard will create folders under "My Documents".

After installing, you could then move your templates to this folder...

\Documents\justafan Software\Jersey Creator\Templates
__________________
justafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 01:29 PM   #230
Thundercrack
All Star Reserve
 
Thundercrack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 628
Thanks: 349
Thanked 372x in 177 posts
amazing how this just keeps getting better and better.
Thundercrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 01:47 AM   #231
justafan
Hall Of Famer
 
justafan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: S. Carolina
Posts: 5,293
Thanks: 1,558
Thanked 7,709x in 3,215 posts
So, how about a little feedback on the new setup wizard.

Were there any problems?

I forgot to mention that the data files (templates, saved jerseys, etc.) have been moved to the Documents folder under "justafan Software" for each application. There's a reason for that and it has to do with not being able to write to files in the Program Files folder without permissions. I could have overrode that, but it's not good practice to do so.

Of course you can go to options and set your save location, but not the template location. I figured the templates will always be in one place and only be used by the program, but the save location could be an OOTP saved game jerseys or ballcap folder for easy testing and creating profile pictures.

Anyway that's my thinking on how to handle this. I'm open to suggestions if you have a better way.
__________________
justafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 05:18 AM   #232
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Juust a bit outside...
Posts: 4,254
Thanks: 964
Thanked 2,155x in 1,233 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justafan View Post
So, how about a little feedback on the new setup wizard.

Were there any problems?

I forgot to mention that the data files (templates, saved jerseys, etc.) have been moved to the Documents folder under "justafan Software" for each application. There's a reason for that and it has to do with not being able to write to files in the Program Files folder without permissions. I could have overrode that, but it's not good practice to do so.

Of course you can go to options and set your save location, but not the template location. I figured the templates will always be in one place and only be used by the program, but the save location could be an OOTP saved game jerseys or ballcap folder for easy testing and creating profile pictures.

Anyway that's my thinking on how to handle this. I'm open to suggestions if you have a better way.
I like the wizard and also like the folders going to the documents, even though I change them to my dropbox. My only issue is that it reset my custom folder locations. It's no big deal though, I just don't know if there is a work around for that.
__________________
"Cannonball Coming!" Go Bucs!!
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:56 AM   #233
justafan
Hall Of Famer
 
justafan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: S. Carolina
Posts: 5,293
Thanks: 1,558
Thanked 7,709x in 3,215 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
I like the wizard and also like the folders going to the documents, even though I change them to my dropbox. My only issue is that it reset my custom folder locations. It's no big deal though, I just don't know if there is a work around for that.
You are setting a save location in options and it keeps resetting?

In Documents\justafan Software\Jersey Creator there should be a file named "jc.xml". Do you see this?
__________________
justafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:10 PM   #234
DreamTeams
Hall Of Famer
 
DreamTeams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,413
Thanks: 1,410
Thanked 828x in 443 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justafan View Post
So, how about a little feedback on the new setup wizard.

Were there any problems?

I forgot to mention that the data files (templates, saved jerseys, etc.) have been moved to the Documents folder under "justafan Software" for each application. There's a reason for that and it has to do with not being able to write to files in the Program Files folder without permissions. I could have overrode that, but it's not good practice to do so.

Of course you can go to options and set your save location, but not the template location. I figured the templates will always be in one place and only be used by the program, but the save location could be an OOTP saved game jerseys or ballcap folder for easy testing and creating profile pictures.

Anyway that's my thinking on how to handle this. I'm open to suggestions if you have a better way.
The setup wizard works great. Saves me a step or two. Moved my files over to the new location and no issues so far.
__________________
DreamTeams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 01:37 PM   #235
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Juust a bit outside...
Posts: 4,254
Thanks: 964
Thanked 2,155x in 1,233 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justafan View Post
You are setting a save location in options and it keeps resetting?

In Documents\justafan Software\Jersey Creator there should be a file named "jc.xml". Do you see this?
No I meant it resets when I update the program. And I have the file
__________________
"Cannonball Coming!" Go Bucs!!
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 03:57 PM   #236
justafan
Hall Of Famer
 
justafan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: S. Carolina
Posts: 5,293
Thanks: 1,558
Thanked 7,709x in 3,215 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
No I meant it resets when I update the program. And I have the file
It was different this time because I changed locations. That file is where I save the options. I tell setup not to overwrite that file, so next update you can just install over the old version . I also tell it not to overwrite templates, but if I need to change the format for templates, I will have it ask for confirmation to overwrite the 8 templates I include with the program.
__________________
justafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 04:34 PM   #237
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Juust a bit outside...
Posts: 4,254
Thanks: 964
Thanked 2,155x in 1,233 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justafan View Post
It was different this time because I changed locations. That file is where I save the options. I tell setup not to overwrite that file, so next update you can just install over the old version . I also tell it not to overwrite templates, but if I need to change the format for templates, I will have it ask for confirmation to overwrite the 8 templates I include with the program.
Ok I see. Many thanks again for the great program!
__________________
"Cannonball Coming!" Go Bucs!!
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:24 PM   #238
rocknfire7
All Star Starter
 
rocknfire7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,820
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 257
Thanked 374x in 221 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justafan View Post
So, how about a little feedback on the new setup wizard.

Were there any problems?

I forgot to mention that the data files (templates, saved jerseys, etc.) have been moved to the Documents folder under "justafan Software" for each application. There's a reason for that and it has to do with not being able to write to files in the Program Files folder without permissions. I could have overrode that, but it's not good practice to do so.

Of course you can go to options and set your save location, but not the template location. I figured the templates will always be in one place and only be used by the program, but the save location could be an OOTP saved game jerseys or ballcap folder for easy testing and creating profile pictures.

Anyway that's my thinking on how to handle this. I'm open to suggestions if you have a better way.

No Problems whatsoever. Just keep adding features whenever you have the time!
__________________
the probable relief pitcher
rocknfire7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:00 PM   #239
Padreman
Hall Of Famer
 
Padreman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Posts: 4,137
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 4,289
Thanked 2,028x in 987 posts
Sorry maybe I missed its and it's already posted but is there a tutorial on this?
__________________

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 09:55 PM   #240
justafan
Hall Of Famer
 
justafan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: S. Carolina
Posts: 5,293
Thanks: 1,558
Thanked 7,709x in 3,215 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padreman View Post
Sorry maybe I missed its and it's already posted but is there a tutorial on this?
No, and I don't think it needs one. Just click around you won't break anything.
__________________
justafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
awesome, jersey, jerseys, software, uniform, uniforms

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:24 PM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2020 Out of the Park Developments