Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2019, 12:15 PM   #181
edog23
Major Leagues

I've been lurking on this thread since it started and I've really been enjoying your ballparks. Just wanted to say thank you for putting in the work on all of these. They look great!

Erik
edog23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 01:41 PM   #182
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Fresno, CA - Chukchansi Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhdz View Post
Speaking of...I added my request for you to take a crack at Chukchansi Park our triple A park in downtown Fresno. Great place to catch a game!
Well, as requested, the Fresno park was modded and made Major League ready. I added a couple of features, including a neon sign in right field that turns on or off using the fun _day and _night trick. There should be plenty in here for you mod andyhdz.

The park itself is relatively pitcher friendly and larger, so it creates a lot of space for doubles and triples. Bring back your 80s style speedsters here.

Zip File is Here

Park Factors

Day

Night

nielsoncp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 02:10 PM   #183
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by edog23 View Post
I've been lurking on this thread since it started and I've really been enjoying your ballparks. Just wanted to say thank you for putting in the work on all of these. They look great!

Erik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Cobb View Post
I still appreciate the heck out of your fine work, sir! Thank you so much.
Thank you both! I really enjoy making them and sharing them with the community, so I'm glad you both enjoy them.
Old 07-13-2019, 02:19 PM   #184
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Stadium Updates

I've had some time in the last couple of weeks, so I made some significant updates to the previous stadiums.

First, all of the stadiums now have day/night backgrounds.

Second, the first 30 or so stadiums had the strange dugouts that were on the field. They have now been fixed, so all of the stadiums now have dugouts that are not on the field.

Third, I added logos to the area behind home plate for all of the US and Mexico stadiums, the SFG58 templates, and the 10 largest Canadian cities (... there are a lot of Canadian stadiums...). Most of the logos I inserted came from Low's magisterial work, along with some I had collected along the way.

As always, the logos behind home plate are moddable - just overwrite the file in the textures drive.

All of the links on the front page are now updated with the new links.
Old 07-13-2019, 02:45 PM   #185
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Is there a way to download all the ballpark files at once? Like one great big zip file? :-)
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 05:03 PM   #186
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
Is there a way to download all the ballpark files at once? Like one great big zip file? :-)
I put all of the parks into one big Google drive folder - the link is here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...oP?usp=sharing

If you click on the carrot next to the folder name at the top, one of the options that pops up is download all. That creates a zip folder that you can download - be forewarned though that it's about a 7 gb file right now.

Last edited by nielsoncp; 08-21-2019 at 01:00 PM.
Old 07-13-2019, 05:37 PM   #187
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

OUTSTANDING!

Thank you!
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 12:36 PM   #188
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Albuquerque, NM - Isotopes Park

Next up on our tour of PCL parks, we head to Albquerque. The actual Isotopes stadium has a slope in center field that I couldn't recreate in game, but I did try to keep the trees in center and some of the scoreboard elements from the actual park.

(Also, I've worked ahead of how frequently I'm posting, so the next few stadiums won't have the home plate images. They are there in the actual file, trust me. )

Albuquerque is at a higher elevation than Denver, so the park plays pretty Coorsesque - lots of hits and home runs. Enjoy all of the fireworks that are ahead.

Zip File can be found here

Park Factors

Day

Night

Old 07-19-2019, 11:11 AM   #189
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Reno, NV - Greater Nevada Field

Greater Nevada Field was one of the delightful finds later in this process. It is wedged between some railroad tracks and the Truckee River, and was a core part of a revitalization plan for downtown Reno. The stadium as I constructed it is relatively small - the lot size is pretty narrow, so it's closer to Fenway in its structure and capacity.

Also, this is one of the stadiums that started me on the day/night search, so a lot of the background textures should blend into the skyline better than in previous iterations.

The actual playing field is relatively spacious, and according to the triple A park factors, it isn't as much of a home run location as you would expect for a park at elevation. It will still be pretty offense friendly though, so plan accordingly.

The zip file can be found here

Park Factors

Day

Night

Old 07-19-2019, 08:46 PM   #190
termcl
Minors (Double A)

Catchers position at BB & T Ballpark

I've been using your ballparks for my AAA manager season. I've downloaded and installed the revised version of BB&T Ballpark in Charlotte. Everything looks like fine except for one item. See the attached screen print. The catcher's box is cutoff at the bottom of the screen. There's quite a bit of space between it and the batters. I don't see any way to adjust that up slightly. Is there a way to do that? I know next to nothing about 3D modeling or what needs to be done to adjust something like that.
Attached Images
termcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 12:06 PM   #191
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by termcl View Post
I don't see any way to adjust that up slightly. Is there a way to do that? I know next to nothing about 3D modeling or what needs to be done to adjust something like that.
Thanks for using the parks, termcl, and for your feedback! If you download the latest version your camera issue should be fixed- I adjusted it when I added in the logos behind home plate. But, for future reference, it is relatively easy to set the cameras (and create more cameras if you want see specific angles.)

Turn on commissioner mode, go to your team settings, and click on the edit ballpark tab. This should open up the ballpark page, and you can find park factors, etc. there. Click on the 3d model tab and it should load your model for your park.

On the top of the right hand side of your screen you should see two sets of XYZ axis controls. The top changes your camera angle, while the bottom set moves your camera's "physical" location. You can adjust how far it moves by changing the cm next to either setting. X+ moves you to the right, and X- to the left, Y+moves you down and Y- moves you up, and Z+ moves you forward and Z- moves you back. Adjust the camera to your liking and then press save camera (ALWAYS PRESS SAVE CAMERA) and name it (or overwrite the default.) It should appear in game for you then.

Last edited by nielsoncp; 07-20-2019 at 05:37 PM.
Old 07-20-2019, 05:31 PM   #192
termcl
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsoncp View Post
Thanks for using the parks, termcl, and for your feedback! If you download the latest version your camera issue should be fixed- I adjusted it when I added in the logos behind home plate. But, for future reference, it is relatively easy to set the cameras (and create more cameras if you want see specific angles.)

Turn on commissioner mode, go to your team settings, and click on the edit ballpark tab. This should open up the ballpark page, and you can find park factors, etc. there. Click on the 3d model tab and it should load your model for your park.

On the top of the right hand side of your screen you should see two sets of XYZ axis controls. The top changes your camera angle, while the bottom set moves your camera's "physical" location. You can adjust how far it moves by changing the cm next to either setting. X+ moves you to the right, and X- to the left, Y+moves you down and Y+ moves you up, and Z+ moves you forward and Z- moves you back. Adjust the camera to your liking and then press save camera (ALWAYS PRESS SAVE CAMERA) and name it (or overwrite the default.) It should appear in game for you then.

I will give that a shot. Thanks! And thanks for the quick response. The ballparks are awesome!

Edit: Worked like a charm!

Last edited by termcl; 07-20-2019 at 07:25 PM.
termcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 10:44 AM   #193
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Tacoma, WA - Cheney Stadium

Cheney Stadium was built in 1962, and the actual stadium has been renovated several times to keep it up to date. And yet, when I was looking at it, I had a tough time figuring out what to do until I remembered it came from the same era as dodger stadium. I tried to bring in some of the elements of that park, including four tiers in the grand stands and the covered open outfield bleachers, as well as the behind home plate luxury boxes (hence the wood behind home plate.) The center field scoreboard with mountains was also taken from the original park.

For being in the Pacific Northwest, the park plays pitcher friendly, but not as much as you would expect. The outfield is pretty deep, so you will not get a lot of home runs here.

The Zip file can be found here

Park Factors

Day

Night

Old 07-25-2019, 11:10 AM   #194
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Des Moines, IA - Principal Field

The last of the PCL stadiums is not very close to the Pacific coast, but is on a body of water. Principal Field in Des Moines is built on the confluence of the Des Moines and Racoon rivers, and has a beautiful view of the state capital downtown that I tried to maintain. I also brought in some ivy (a la the Cubs) in the outfield. This was also one of the first stadiums that I did a lot of day/night textures with, so if you download it you'll have to let me know what you think.

The park is pretty neutral overall, with a slight bias towards hitters and a marked increase in doubles.

Zip file can be found here.

Park Factors

Day

Night

This wraps up the PCL portion of this thread. I have a few more concepts based in North America over the next couple of week, including a new Montreal concept based on the proposed Peel Basin location.
Old 07-28-2019, 07:19 PM   #195
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Charleston, SC - Joe Riley Stadium

Joe Riley Stadium is a minor league park near the water in Charleston, SC. It has a good view of the bay in left, which I tried to preserve a bit. With the aquatic history of the city I also decided to bring it in with the old wooden ship in center.

The park itself is a little small, so it plays relatively batter friendly, especially for right handed hitters.

The zip file can be found here

Park Factors

Day

Night

Old 07-31-2019, 08:23 AM   #196
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Jacksonville, FL - Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville

While I loathe the idea of another team in Florida, Jacksonville's minor league park is actually pretty neat. It's nestled in between the performing arts center and TIAA bank field, and has a bunch of fun retro features. I tried to keep some of them, and added a call back to old Ebbets field in right (I hope none of your players hit the sign, lest I owe them a suit.)

The stadium itself is relatively pitcher friendly, both because of the large field and the proximity to the ocean. The corners are pretty short in both right and left, so it makes it easier for shots to the corner to get out.

Zip file can be found here

Park Factors

Day

Night

Old 08-03-2019, 01:41 AM   #197
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Jackson, MS - Trustmark Park

I figured we needed another stadium in the middle of the south. Jackson, MS has a new stadium because, well, they are an Atlanta minor league team and the Braves are experts at manipulating cities to build them new stadiums. Fortunately, building 3d stadiums is a guilt free exercise that costs no tax payer dollars. I tried to bring in some of the features of SunTrust in Left field and kept the patio in right field.

The field outline is pretty deep, so it is relatively pitcher friendly. It's more friendly for right handed batters than lefties.

Park Factors

Day

Night

Old 08-06-2019, 10:36 AM   #198
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Sioux Falls, SD - Sioux Falls Stadium

For work I often have to travel through very rural parts of the upper midwest - think Western Wisconsin, Northern Minnesota, and the whole state of South Dakota. It's a long trek, but it gives me lots of time to stare at different rural skylines. So, when I decided to do a stadium in South Dakota, I decided I wanted to bring in some more rural features - hence the barn, windmill, and grain silo in the outfield. There is also a picnic area in left and a clock tower in center, so there were a few fun, smaller town elements I tried to incorporate along the way.

The stadium itself plays pretty neutral in terms of splits, but the deep center field means there won't be a lot of home runs.

Park Factors

Day

Night

Old 08-09-2019, 05:56 PM   #199
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Grand Rapids, MI - Fifth Third Stadium

Next up we head to western Michigan. The city of Grand Rapids has a lot of brick and standstone buildings in its downtown, so I decided to bring in some of those elements in the stadium. There are also "rapids" by the batters eye in left and right field, and a few other fun pieces I brought in around the stadium.

The park itself is pretty pitcher friendly, particularly because of the deep power alleys.

Park Factors

Day

Night

Old 08-10-2019, 11:25 AM   #200
dishnet34
All Star Starter

As a guy from the area, that looks really good. Nice work.

I'd love to see you tackle Homer Stryker Field in Kalamazoo as it is. It's a very...unique stadium.

"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the f*** they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Last edited by dishnet34; 08-10-2019 at 06:23 PM.
dishnet34 is offline   Reply With Quote