Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Fictional Simulations

OOTP 19 - Fictional Simulations Discuss fictional simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 01-02-2019, 11:27 PM   #521
stevem810
All Star Starter

Historical Star - Batting Average

With spring training winding down I thought it might be fun to look at some of the players who hold historical records in our league. In his road uniform...and a guy who has earned THREE rings...
Attached Images
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 12:03 AM   #522
stevem810
All Star Starter

Picot signs

Picot signs on with the Diamonds. The bullpen is turning into some kind of force.
Attached Images
Old 01-04-2019, 12:36 AM   #523
stevem810
All Star Starter

Spring Training ends

From the Journal of Julien Henri

We played our final spring game today. After a mini losing streak the final week we did win the last two games. I finished the spring batting .426. Herve at .274 (3 HR's) and Mattheu Michel .347.

On the mound I was 1-2 with a 2.21 ERA. I got a little better each outing. The manager was very consistent with me keeping at or very close to 4 IP each outing. It had a way of keeping me organized as I could pace myself. Knowing I will pitch deeper into games with the new season, I didn't allow my energy level to get too depleted. Even though I was only going 4 or 4+, I told myself to pace myself as if I was going to toss 110 pitches.

I've got a great feeling about this season.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 01-04-2019, 06:42 PM   #524
stevem810
All Star Starter

The Opener!

Journal of Julien Henri

There are two guys that feel absolutely terrible about the opening day game. 1. Steve Green, our new $220K second base man went 0 for 5, strike out twice, and hit in to 2 double plays. He stranded 7 batters

2. Julien Henri, as I went 0 for 1 as a PH and then gave up the winning run in the 10th inning after yielding a lead off double.

Nothing to do but turn the page, and re-set.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 01-04-2019, 06:52 PM   #525
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

I like that you have a new star player named Steve Green while my Denver franchise has a Steve Green who is our top pitching prospect and likely soon to be on the big league club.
It will be fun to see how the name doppelgangers do in on our respective teams.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 07:36 PM   #526
stevem810
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdWatcher View Post
I like that you have a new star player named Steve Green while my Denver franchise has a Steve Green who is our top pitching prospect and likely soon to be on the big league club.
It will be fun to see how the name doppelgangers do in on our respective teams.
Yeah, that's pretty cool.

Well, ya know, my S.G. could be his 'grandfather'.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:45 PM   #527
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevem810 View Post
Yeah, that's pretty cool.

Well, ya know, my S.G. could be his 'grandfather'.
Technically, my WPK is only currently in 1970.
So even though my Steve Green is only 23 years old at this point, your Steve Green would be more like an older brother or uncle figure, I would think.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:10 AM   #528
stevem810
All Star Starter

CC Waves

Journal of Julien Henri

If I ever become a free agent this is no better team to play for outside of my own, than Cap Chevalier. They are not 3 time champs by chance. The most prolific winning team of the FBL is off and running, again. Having won 3 titles in 5 years the Waves make an early statement that they can still, A) Pitch, and B) Hit. They drew over 23,000 for their opener. All this in a part of the island that is not that densely populated. Martinique fans come from all along that Atlantic coastline to see their Waves in action.
Attached Images
Old 01-05-2019, 05:20 PM   #529
stevem810
All Star Starter

Game #2

Journal of Julien Henri

Steve Green is just 1 for 9 on the season. But, the 1 hit? A two run homer to right field in the top of the first inning staking us to a lead we would not give up. Le Diamant wins 3-1 behind the stellar arm of Sebastian Vautier.

Walid Michel and Alaine Bayle or a combined 0 for 8 in left field. I think I'm ready to play more often when I'm not pitching. I'm set for CF every fifth game. Back up to RF and 1B. But, how do I stay sharp batting in only 40% of the games.

I'm not saying anything beyond my journal notes but I do hope the skip gives me more opportunities. Alize says I'm being impatient. She is probably right. I mean, I am just 20 years old. She tells me, "Julien, you are barely an adult making over $10 K per year. Do you know how lucky you are?"

It's true, but, I tell her it isn't really about the money. I just love to play the game. I'd play for half that amount of money. And, if I wasn't playing pro ball, I'd be playing softball on a sandlot or a wiffle ball in someones back yard while working as a baker. 'Put me in Coach'.
Attached Images
Old 01-05-2019, 09:34 PM   #530
stevem810
All Star Starter

After Marseille

We will have our home opener on Sunday. The Cap Chevalier Waves will come to town and we are all looking forward to it. Looks like I will pitch the opener as Angel Lepine will wrap things up here in France.

After yesterday's win a few of the guys went into town and we were not looking a museum's. Marseille has some awesome bakeries that are not to be missed. Don't get me wrong, Le Diamant has some very good boulanger's, but, France is the place for the very best. We give the nod to the French for the best patisseries, but the Martinique teams are laying claim to the best baseball teams in the FBL. As the man once said, 'you can look it up.'
Attached Images
Old 01-05-2019, 09:37 PM   #531
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevem810 View Post
We will have our home opener on Sunday. The Cap Chevalier Waves will come to town and we are all looking forward to it. Looks like I will pitch the opener as Angel Lepine will wrap things up here in France.

After yesterday's win a few of the guys went into town and we were not looking a museum's. Marseille has some awesome bakeries that are not to be missed. Don't get me wrong, Le Diamant has some very good boulanger's, but, France is the place for the very best. We give the nod to the French for the best patisseries, but the Martinique teams are laying claim to the best baseball teams in the FBL. As the man once said, 'you can look it up.'
Haven't had my dinner yet but now I have dessert on my mind. (Unfortunately, I don't have anything as tasty looking as these pastries in the house.)
Old 01-06-2019, 12:49 PM   #532
stevem810
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdWatcher View Post
Haven't had my dinner yet but now I have dessert on my mind. (Unfortunately, I don't have anything as tasty looking as these pastries in the house.)
Yeah, the french are pretty awesome when it comes to their bakeries. Martinique has a number of 'french' transplants who have opened up patisseries and cafe's that are quite excellent. Baguettes, abound, to put it mildly.

I'll be in Martinique, shortly. Je parle francais, en peu. A work in progress is how I put it.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:02 PM   #533
stevem810
All Star Starter

Game #3

The Journal of Julien Henri

An excellent game to win. Early lead for us, they pull within one, then we explode for 3 in the 9th. The downside, if there is to a W, is Bour came on in relief with a 4 run lead and gave up 4 hits and 3 runs. Set up was handled real nicely by Jean 'Tug' Lesage, following a quality start 7 innings for Angel Lepine (1-0).

The game got iced in the 9th when I came to bat with the bases loaded, a one run lead, and infield drawn in. What saved me? I wasn't nervous. I watched the first pitch go low and outside and never thought about swinging. Daniel Bouvard did not want to go 0-2 so he came in with heat and I drilled it right field for a single plating 2 runs.

That gives us 2 of 3 in Marseille and now we head back to our island to take on the Waves for the Le Diamant opening series. No surprise, the Diamonds, Waves, and Sting Rays are all off to a 2-1 start. Le Morne Rouge, way up in the rainforest, is 0-3..
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 01-14-2019, 11:39 PM   #534
stevem810
All Star Starter

The first half week

The schedule for the first week played.
Attached Images
Old 01-15-2019, 02:15 PM   #535
stevem810
All Star Starter

Week of April 4-10

Journal of Julien Henri

Our home opener was an event in the Le Diamant city and surrounding villages as 23,034 attended, many of them dressed in the Diamond shades of blue. It was a mixture of the whites and lighter blues of the faitful who traveled across N5 to Le Diamant.

We had a very good week after dropping the 2nd and 3rd games to the Waves. Back on the road to Montreal, we swept the depleted Royals for three road wins. Back at our place, Le Morne Rouge was handled rather easily as Bonhomme had his bat working for me netting me a W.

Diamonds in first place. Liking it.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 01-15-2019, 02:18 PM   #536
stevem810
All Star Starter

Box Scores

Box score data file
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 01-19-2019, 09:46 PM   #537
stevem810
All Star Starter

April 11-17

The week began with a promise of an excellent one, but, we tailed off near the end and finished up 3-3. The upside to it all is we've stretched our lead to the three games.

It seems like my whole career in the Le Diamant organization my team(s) have had to play 'catch up'. It's a lot different being the team that is being chased. When we walk into opposing ball parks the guys seem to have a bit more swag to their walk. Confidence that we will win. I used to see that in the Wave players whenever they came to Le Diamant. Our GM/Manager says it's a good thing as long as we don't fall in love with ourselves. I get that last part.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 01-19-2019, 09:53 PM   #538
stevem810
All Star Starter

April 15 Notes

This was a good game for me, and our team. We won in 10 innings against an 11-2 team. The Expedition might be the class of the FBL right now. But, it's early, and a lot will happen between now and the end of August.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 01-20-2019, 03:03 PM   #539
stevem810
All Star Starter

April 18-25

Week at a Glance
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 01-20-2019, 03:16 PM   #540
stevem810
All Star Starter

April 25 Notes

Journal Entry

It was a 4-3 week but I'm not happy about it. We outscore Quebec 13-3 and lose the series 1-2? Get serious. The game Lepine lost was criminal. He went the distance, allowed 3 hits, 0 walks, and comes up short by a score 1-0.
The next day I lose by a score of 2-1.

Then, in Paris, after a W, we lose by one run even with Green going 3/4 with 2 homers and 6 RBI's. But, the Artists had their own fireworks going from behind the plate pounding out 11 hits and working 6 walks. We did turn the tables with a 1 run win the final day of the week (one more game with Paris Sunday) and Angel Lepine did get the W to make up a bit for the loss to the Snake Eyes.

Herve has been a bit down lately. His bat is failing him, and the team, right now. He's taking extra swings in the cage with coach Mickael Lepine (no relation to Angel).
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image