Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 03-04-2015, 11:55 PM   #1
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Anybody know how to use ballpark images in Android?

Obviously, the "transfer them using iTunes" method isn't really viable.

I figured out where the logos go (/storage/<sd card>/Android/data/com.ootpdevelopments.iootp/files/AppData/prefs/saved_games/<saved game.lg>/news/html/images, and just overwrite the game-generated ones), but I can't figure out where to put ballparks so that they get picked up. I tried putting them in TarData_v36/data/ballparks which is where the default park images are, but I'm still getting the default ballpark image. Is there a specific file type naming convention I have to follow?
Old 03-05-2015, 11:41 AM   #2
Go Tribe
All Star Starter

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
I can't figure it out either and looking at the app i'm wondering if the image is somehow hard coded and not an image file?

actually now that i re-read your post - i'll have to look for that TarData folder
Go Tribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 11:44 AM   #3
Go Tribe
All Star Starter

Eriq do you have a full path for that folder? Astro File Manager isn't finding it and i have hidden files displayed
Old 03-05-2015, 05:29 PM   #4
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Tribe View Post
Eriq do you have a full path for that folder? Astro File Manager isn't finding it and i have hidden files displayed
It's in /storage/<sd card>/Android/data/com.ootpdevelopments.iootp/files (on the same level as the AppData folder). The folder doesn't appear to be a hidden folder, and I'm using ES File Explorer.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:15 AM   #5
Go Tribe
All Star Starter

Weird I do not have that folder. I've looked using Astro and ES. I have played 4 games of one MLB season 2014. So weird
Old 03-06-2015, 12:24 AM   #6
Go Tribe
All Star Starter

Added a fictional league and still no folder
Old 03-06-2015, 12:07 PM   #7
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Tribe View Post
Weird I do not have that folder. I've looked using Astro and ES. I have played 4 games of one MLB season 2014. So weird
That's odd. I can see it in ES, and I can see it if I just connect the phone directly to my PC, as well.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:39 AM   #8
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Unfortunately, there are so many different Android devices and OS versions that we do not have a certain path where the files can be found.

From our platform layer expert:
The exact path can vary depending on the device/os version.

OOTP tries to load an OBB file and if that fails, it downloads a TAR/GZIP file from our server and unpacks it on the device.
On my device it starts /storage/emulated/sdcard0/0/ but you will need to find the path for your device. OBB files are downloaded to .../Android/obb/com.ootpdevelopments.iootp/main.xx.com.ootpdevelopments.iootp.obb and can be considered like .iso files as they are mounted to a system path.

There are 3 main issues with the .obb file, 1) GooglePlay does not always download the file correctly or at all! 2) the file downloads fine, checksum file but the contents is corrupt! I think this happens the at the pack stage. 3) Some devices (my new LG G3 included which is a new model) does not support mounting obb files.

TAR/GZIP file is downloaded to

.../Android/data/com.ootpdevelopments.iootp/files and extracted to .../Android/data/com.ootpdevelopments.iootp/files/TarData_v1. Once the extraction has completed the tar file is removed to save space.

Hope that helps.
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 12:08 PM   #9
Go Tribe
All Star Starter

Thanks Andreas - so i have an OBB file but no TAR file - (LG G3) - does that mean i wouldn't have the ability to change the stadium file since it's grabbing it from the obb (iso) file?
Old 03-11-2015, 02:13 PM   #10
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Yes, sorry. Not in this version. We would have to add code to check for user-created extra folders or something like that.
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 04:10 PM   #11
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Thanks, Andreas, I appreciate the answer. On the phone interface it's really not a big deal since you can't see much of the park image anyways.