Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 11-02-2019, 11:06 PM   #21
rocknfire7
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isedelyod View Post
That's some fine work!
rocknfire7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 11:07 PM   #22
rocknfire7
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
For the Raleigh Cybercats.

Of course, I would probably do it in Green and Gold colors to incorporate the city's colors in the Seal of Raleigh.

And, for sure, it would be Green and Gold for the Raleigh Oaks... or Green and White... or Dark Green and Light Green... anything but Red and Black... why in the world did the designer pick Red and Black colors for the Oaks?
I remember that jersey!
rocknfire7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 11:34 PM   #23
the_mad_monk
Major Leagues

Carolina Wrens

I take credit for connecting the nickname to the region, but a quick interweb search revealed awesome logos and wordmarks conceptualized by a user 10 years ago. These are my uniform interpretations. Though, I don't agree that a city should have to share a professional team name with a state, or 2 states.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by the_mad_monk; 11-19-2019 at 12:41 PM. Reason: New jerseys; improved wordmark location
the_mad_monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 11:35 PM   #24
the_mad_monk
Major Leagues

Carolina Wrens continued
Attached Images
Old 11-03-2019, 12:19 AM   #25
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by low View Post
Shameless plug. I've done a fictional Oaks set. https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...&postcount=310
Really fine job on the Raleigh Oaks... very well done.
Eugene Church is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 11:36 AM   #26
No Pepper
All Star Starter

Nice effort everyone! I don't care for the names or the initial logos as others have said "too minors/indy league" for me. But that is the trend and if baseball wants to survive, should it follow popular opinion?
No Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 09:09 AM   #27
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Raleigh native here...totally dismayed at 10 of the 12 possible names on that list. Somebody said "minor league" and that's right . They are definitely bush league names - some are even beer league softball level!

That said, there are two...only two...names on that list that have my approval. And Eugene, you and I are in agreement when it comes to the traditional names being the best. That's why the only real choice on that list is the traditional name of Raleigh baseball clubs from time immemorial...the Raleigh Capitals.

But that logo...yeesh.

The Capitals have a proud tradition. Capitals alumni include Hank Greenberg, Carl Yazstremski and Enos Slaughter. The logos usually worked the North Carolina Capitol dome in there somewhere if someone wants to take a shot at that (hint, hint, isedelyod)

Also, a lot of times the Capitals used red and blue colors. Which has been a trend lately amongst Triangle sports teams working in Carolina Blue, N.C. State Red and Duke blue to try to appeal to all sides.

By the way, the only other acceptable choice was the Raleigh Oaks.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb

Last edited by BigRed75; 11-04-2019 at 09:11 AM.
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 12:54 PM   #28
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
Raleigh native here...totally dismayed at 10 of the 12 possible names on that list. Somebody said "minor league" and that's right . They are definitely bush league names - some are even beer league softball level!

That said, there are two...only two...names on that list that have my approval. And Eugene, you and I are in agreement when it comes to the traditional names being the best. That's why the only real choice on that list is the traditional name of Raleigh baseball clubs from time immemorial...the Raleigh Capitals.

But that logo...yeesh.

The Capitals have a proud tradition. Capitals alumni include Hank Greenberg, Carl Yazstremski and Enos Slaughter. The logos usually worked the North Carolina Capitol dome in there somewhere if someone wants to take a shot at that (hint, hint, isedelyod)

Also, a lot of times the Capitals used red and blue colors. Which has been a trend lately amongst Triangle sports teams working in Carolina Blue, N.C. State Red and Duke blue to try to appeal to all sides.

You are right on the money, BigRed75.

Wish Iseldelyod, txranger, low, Lawn Loaf, the_mad_monk, rocknfire7 and several other graphics gurus would take crack at the Raleigh logos.

They could use Capitols, which I think is the best name, now that a native baseball fan that lives in the city has spoken... also like the Oaks.

Hope all of you graphics gurus will chime in and show your stuff.

It's also OK to come up with your own nicknames.
Old 11-04-2019, 01:44 PM   #29
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Raleigh Capitals

Raleigh Capitals
Attached Images

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 02:22 PM   #30
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by txranger View Post
Raleigh Capitals
Very nice... you even worked in the green for "The City of Oaks".
Old 11-04-2019, 05:10 PM   #31
No Pepper
All Star Starter

MLB is planning to dump a few minor league teams so why not dump the Carolina Mudcats (Raleigh-based Capitol Broadcasting Company owns them) and repurpose the current uniform and you have...

The Raleigh Fingers
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by No Pepper; 11-04-2019 at 05:13 PM.
No Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 12:00 PM   #32
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by txranger View Post
Raleigh Capitals
Quite nice - and the actual dome is green - could you take a crack at something similar with dark blue and red accent colors (the traditional colors for the team?)

No rush...when you have a chance...thanks!

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 12:12 PM   #33
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Pepper View Post
MLB is planning to dump a few minor league teams so why not dump the Carolina Mudcats (Raleigh-based Capitol Broadcasting Company owns them) and repurpose the current uniform and you have...

The Raleigh Fingers
Unbelievably creative... thanks for sharing.
Old 11-05-2019, 12:49 PM   #34
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Raleigh Capitals RWB

Quote:
Quite nice - and the actual dome is green - could you take a crack at something similar with dark blue and red accent colors (the traditional colors for the team?)

No rush...when you have a chance...thanks!

Raleigh Capitals RWB
Attached Images

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 01:52 AM   #35
the_mad_monk
Major Leagues

Quote:

But that logo...yeesh.

Two points.
1. Carowhina and Puke should never be associated with Raleigh.
2. Raleigh Capitals is very sensible, but "Capitals" is being used in the NHL.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:57 AM   #36
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_mad_monk View Post
Two points.
1. Carowhina and Puke should never be associated with Raleigh.
2. Raleigh Capitals is very sensible, but "Capitals" is being used in the NHL.
Just my opinion, I see no problems with the use of the same nickname in two different sports... there are examples of the same nickname being used by two teams in the same town.
and yes, I realize this is not the best situation.. the secondary franchise has a tough time competing with the original namesake.
Chances are it would not happen today.

I see no problem with the Capitols existing in Washington and Raleigh.

Remember the New York Giants were in the NFL and MLB at the same time... and for decades... 30's, 40's and 50's... I think.
Also the Brooklyn Dodgers and New York Yankees pro football teams were in the All-American Football Conference 1946 to 1948... they played at Ebbets Field and Yankee Stadium.
Three teams were taken from the AAFC and put in the NFL: San Francisco 49ers, Cleveland Browns and the original Baltimore Colts.
Attached Images

Last edited by Eugene Church; 11-06-2019 at 11:15 AM.
Old 11-06-2019, 03:56 PM   #37
the_mad_monk
Major Leagues

Doing a color study for the Capitals concept starting off with the city flag and then using the navy blue from the state flag. Unfortunately, each reminds me of something existing; KC Chiefs, Christmas, Oakland A's, Seattle Mariners/Seahawks. Not sure which one I'll pursue for a full set.
Attached Images
Old 11-06-2019, 07:44 PM   #38
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_mad_monk View Post
Doing a color study for the Capitals concept starting off with the city flag and then using the navy blue from the state flag. Unfortunately, each reminds me of something existing; KC Chiefs, Christmas, Oakland A's, Seattle Mariners/Seahawks. Not sure which one I'll pursue for a full set.
Thanks for the choices.

Don't care for the Christmas... those colors only look good on Mexico jerseys.

Even though the A's, KC Chiefs and Mariners use those colors... they still look fine on Raleigh Capitols.

Hope you will do a Raleigh Oaks set... Green and White.... maybe use Dark Green, Light Green and White for colors.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 11-06-2019 at 07:51 PM.
Old 11-07-2019, 12:46 AM   #39
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
Just my opinion, I see no problems with the use of the same nickname in two different sports... there are examples of the same nickname being used by two teams in the same town.
and yes, I realize this is not the best situation.. the secondary franchise has a tough time competing with the original namesake.
Chances are it would not happen today.

I see no problem with the Capitols existing in Washington and Raleigh.

Remember the New York Giants were in the NFL and MLB at the same time... and for decades... 30's, 40's and 50's... I think.
Also the Brooklyn Dodgers and New York Yankees pro football teams...
As well as the NFL's Pittsburgh Pirates from 1933-1939 (who became the Steelers in 1940).
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 11:39 PM   #40
TrbldWiseman
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
As well as the NFL's Pittsburgh Pirates from 1933-1939 (who became the Steelers in 1940).
Pittsburgh Pirates also played in the NHL from 1925-30 before moving to Philadelphia as the Quakers before folding after the 1930-31 season