Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 10-29-2019, 01:08 PM   #41
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Maybe. I'm not a friend list expert by any means. My setting has been on random for the whole game cycle. My thought was if Markus isn't "randomly" placing Huntley and Singapore together anymore, then steps might have to be taken.
Hmm...

Step 1: Figure out how to finally beat Singapore.
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit! (Or Perfect League championship, at least!)

I've always enjoyed the Random (not the "Random") setting because it's fun having a different challenge every week. But I have been thinking lately that it might be even more fun to round up some of the "Season XX" discussion thread regulars, friend each other so we all end up in the same league, and, well, battle to the bloody death because that league would be hard as hell but (hopefully) a blast!

And yes, even Singapore would be invited. I guess.

Anybody else find this idea intriguing? waittilnextyear? old timer? Nero? Nero's wife? daves? bailey? Westheim? Argonaut? BigRed75? Magus978? mcdog512? Maxfire5? CrazyWR? CrazyWR's dad? RunninYakAngler? Maybe even...Orcin?

Did I name-drop enough people?

Quote:
Also 26-1??!?!?
I know. The Red Raiders totally got shut out--at home! It was a travesty. Three guesses as to which LIVE card shut us out. And the first two guesses can't be Max Scherzer because that's the right answer.

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 01:29 PM   #42
Catchthedamnball
Minors (Double A)

As expected, I'm getting clobbered in the early goings (the Mashers are 14-21). This week, I'll have to derive enjoyment from opening packs.

So, I break one open, and I pull a couple historical Pirates bronzes and David Freese. Not bad. I quicksell Freese, which gives me the funds to buy another pack, and it produces another Pirates historical bronze-- and five live irons.

At least I'm another ten pulls from RNGing my way into Bill Madlock.

Catchthedamnball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 01:47 PM   #43
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

All my teams are in last place, which is not even the worst -

I mean… just that box score. That box score below. Guys. Guys. What the **** is WRONG WITH YOU LOT??
Attached Images

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 02:11 PM   #44
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
Hmm...

I've always enjoyed the Random (not the "Random") setting because it's fun having a different challenge every week. But I have been thinking lately that it might be even more fun to round up some of the "Season XX" discussion thread regulars, friend each other so we all end up in the same league, and, well, battle to the bloody death because that league would be hard as hell but (hopefully) a blast!

Anybody else find this idea intriguing? waittilnextyear? old timer? Nero? Nero's wife? daves? bailey? Westheim? Argonaut? BigRed75? Magus978? mcdog512? Maxfire5? CrazyWR? CrazyWR's dad? RunninYakAngler? Maybe even...Orcin?

I know. The Red Raiders totally got shut out--at home! It was a travesty. Three guesses as to which LIVE card shut us out. And the first two guesses can't be Max Scherzer because that's the right answer.
I'd be more interested in grouping with folks here if I already had a PL title to my name. Alas, I do not. I gotta win one before I let you guys destroy me and send me packing back to diamond

When I get one, I'm game.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 10-29-2019 at 02:14 PM.
Magus978 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 02:23 PM   #45
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

When we did this in 19 my team's win total dropped by like 20 and we got whacked by the LOLCats over and over again. Somehow despite not being friends with anyone but my dad (Florida Phoenix), we have ended up in the same league with the Lolcats, Walnut Creek and USC amongst others for like 8 seasons in a row at this point with various whales shuffling in and out (this week includes the Susquehanna squad and the Seattle squad)

EDIT: So in conclusion, I gotta agree with Magus, let me get a PL title first...

Last edited by CrazyWR; 10-29-2019 at 02:24 PM.
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 04:56 PM   #46
RunninYakAngler
Minors (Triple A)

Oh no! We suck again!

That pretty much sums up all of my teams. Nothing is going right.

I did FINALLY pull a PERFECT CARD!!! Unfortunately it was Lindor. He's on the AH now. So we still suck.

RunninYakAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 06:55 PM   #47
Nero
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Hmm...

I'd be in, it sounds like fun!

In some ways it's about who you are playing the game with, and honestly, win, lose or...well...win or lose, I'd have fun playing a few seasons with everyone here, and especially reading the updates. It would be nice to see updates from everyone, and every side of the equation. (So I think all of us need to do at least a couple of updates during the week!)
Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 07:30 PM   #48
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
I'd be more interested in grouping with folks here if I already had a PL title to my name. Alas, I do not. I gotta win one before I let you guys destroy me and send me packing back to diamond

When I get one, I'm game.
Same here. The pip is nice, but the badge would be nicer.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 07:31 PM   #49
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWR View Post
When we did this in 19 my team's win total dropped by like 20 and we got whacked by the LOLCats over and over again. Somehow despite not being friends with anyone but my dad (Florida Phoenix), we have ended up in the same league with the Lolcats, Walnut Creek and USC amongst others for like 8 seasons in a row at this point with various whales shuffling in and out (this week includes the Susquehanna squad and the Seattle squad)

EDIT: So in conclusion, I gotta agree with Magus, let me get a PL title first...
Speaking of friends, is there still room in the BFF league or is that full? If there's still room, I might have to hit up the Halloween sale for a few more licenses...

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
Old 10-29-2019, 07:49 PM   #50
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

After having my big whinge, the DMV Beltways are now back up to playing .500 ball and are out of the cellar, still just four games out of first. My pitching seems to corrected itself, and Randy Myers, my new closer, already as more saves in two weeks than Zach Britton did in a month and a half.

So next time I start to complain like that, just remind me - small sample size.

P.S. The Quendas are still in first place, and we picked up Luis Urias to play 2B in place of the underperforming Garrett Hampson. That said, two days before I benched Hampson, he got a Hit Machine acheivement. Probably the only hits he's got all year.

Still refusing to play Keston Hiura at 2B. I think we're both happier with him at DH.

SPTT team

Old 10-29-2019, 09:20 PM   #51
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancariaz View Post
I'm 6-21, I win
Welcome to Perfect!

Quote:
Hmm...

I think that's a pretty comprehensive name droppage, yes. It would be a spirited competition and I think my team could hold up at this point (likely would be an also ran but not in a relegatory type of way). Others don't seem to want to take that type of plunge until they win some medallions first, which I think is a very prudent stance to take based on how strong of a league that would be.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 10:29 PM   #52
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I think that's a pretty comprehensive name droppage, yes. It would be a spirited competition and I think my team could hold up at this point (likely would be an also ran but not in a relegatory type of way). Others don't seem to want to take that type of plunge until they win some medallions first, which I think is a very prudent stance to take based on how strong of a league that would be.
I'll keep the thought on the back burner for now--something fun to contemplate as PT2.0 enters its first offseason. As more and more medallions are won, we'll circle back to it!

In the meantime, as Huntley continues to cruise in P432 (45-5!), I'm wondering what kind of success everyone is having with shiny new SE Harry Brecheen. SE Norm Cash is settling in just fine in Red Raider garb (.342/.448/.544), but as you'll see below, Brecheen is very up-and-down in his first full year in the Huntley bullpen; either he's lights-out, or he gets shelled. How's he doing in the Fighting Frogs' rotation, or on others' pitching staffs?
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 10:33 PM   #53
Magus978
All Star Starter

Like I said boys, I'm in with whichever of my teams gets the first PL pip for me. Don't think it's happening this week though. Metuchen and Blitzkrieg are my best performers, but that's not saying much. Steelport are firmly mid-pack, and Brooklyn got a rubbish draw and could potentially be relegated.

In short, this week is probably a waste.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 10:45 PM   #54
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
In the meantime, as Huntley continues to cruise in P432 (45-5!), I'm wondering what kind of success everyone is having with shiny new SE Harry Brecheen. SE Norm Cash is settling in just fine in Red Raider garb (.342/.448/.544), but as you'll see below, Brecheen is very up-and-down in his first full year in the Huntley bullpen; either he's lights-out, or he gets shelled. How's he doing in the Fighting Frogs' rotation, or on others' pitching staffs?
My SE Harry Brecheen be aight. 6.6-WAR pace in the rotation for me.

He's kind of doing the opposite with my team, rather than oscillating good and bad outings like with your team. Basically, he had a 5 IP 5 ER start (his worst) and a 3-hit shutout (his best) and the rest are mostly nondescript, solid QS.
Attached Images

Old 10-29-2019, 10:52 PM   #55
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Denver Bears are 20-29 in Diamond. But a bright spot as Cy Young fires a no hitter.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:27 PM   #56
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Worst month ever for the Magpies who lost 12 games including a stretch of 5 in a row earning the "out of slump" award for the first time. 4 of those 5 were in the bottom of the 9th. Still lead the division by 8 games, but 5 teams in the league have better records.

Name:  Capture1.PNG
Views: 236
Size:  24.0 KB
Name:  Capture2.PNG
Views: 241
Size:  25.3 KB
Name:  Capture3.PNG
Views: 231
Size:  24.8 KB
Name:  Capture4.PNG
Views: 227
Size:  24.1 KB
bailey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 12:53 AM   #57
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs followed up an unremarkable 17-10 start to the week with a scorching 24-4 day of sims today. We're still behind the 45-10 pythag pace.

I continue to perch on the AH waiting for the final card I need for 100 Ozzie to come into reasonable expenditure range, so I decided to do another run of packs while I wait. The highlight of this latest run is my best pull ever...a 99 Stan Coveleski. This card hasn't been transacted on the AH in the previous 7 days, but has a lifetime avg of about 300K. Not too shabby for a run of about 150 packs. Coveleski has joined the bullpen as a co-stopper and he's yet to allow a run in his first 22 IP with the team. Very decent.

In addition to the good pack luck, the Frogs notched franchise win #3000 and then Christy Mathewson went out and celebrated with a no-hitter the next day. And then the Frogs ended the night on an active 8-game winning streak punctuated with a one-run road victory over the vaunted Singapore Sluggers.

Battery Park (44-10) is running away with the AC East. Slumberton (42-13) is doing the same in the AC Central. As is Westvleteren XII (40-14) in the AC West. The Frogs have opened up a 10.5 game lead in the NC Central. The only 2 competitive divisions right now are the NC East, Coffeyville (35-18) and Santa Barbara (33-21), and the NC West, Singapore (43-10) and Exeter (43-12).
Attached Images

Old 10-30-2019, 08:01 AM   #58
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

The Quendas continue to follow last season's script almost to a T. They are now 13 games above .500 and have a 5 game lead.

The pitching continues to lead the way, although the bats have started to catch up. We're top-6 in every batting category except for baserunning and batting, where we're an abysmal 14th. Luis Urias has managed to be even worse than Garrett Hampson, slashing .171/.194/.200 - but it's only 8 games, 35 AB so...small sample size.

Also had to make a tough choice with the rotation. Nate Pearson was not getting it done, so he moves to the bullpen and Triston McKenzie, who has been lights out in relief, gets the starting nod.

No surprise that Pete Alonso and Juan Soto are tied for the lead in home runs, huh?

If you were going to do a Washington-themed team, you'd need to have Walter Johnson on your team, right? There's certain players that need to be on teams. A Reds team would be incomplete without Pete Rose, a Dodgers team without Sandy Koufax, and you wouldn't have an Orioles team without Ripken, Palmer or the Robinsons. Same with Walter Johnson and Washington.

Dear reader, the Beltways now have Walter Johnson.

It's not a Big Walt, like half of the people on this board seem to have pulled out of packs. But since I started doing the Washington missions, there's been a 97 Big Train. It started at 75K, and I've been watching it not sell and move down ever since. Last night, when it came up at 50K, I pounced.

This took up a lot of my capital, of course. And unlike the Quendas, this isn't a retooling, just an expansion. There aren't a lot of cards I can sell, so progress on the missions will slow right down (although all four of them are now at least 60% complete). And I'm taking the lesson of a certain board member with eleventy-billion PL titles, and not locking 97 Walter to get 91 Goose Goslin.

The acquisition of Big Train puts an end to the Babe Ruth experiment. He'll be going on the AH now to raise much-needed funds.

Oh, the team? Basically the same, 26-28, 5 games back, 4th place.

Here's the Big Train in a Beltways uniform. He's wearing #24 in honor of...1924, of course.
Attached Images

SPTT team

Last edited by BigRed75; 10-30-2019 at 08:11 AM.
Old 10-30-2019, 08:42 AM   #59
HelpDodgers
Major Leagues

Well. Not a great month of May for Belfast. I decided to bring up Lyman Bostock as a pinch hitter (putting Cody Bellinger PotM in AH).

He pinch hit in 6 games. Batting .800 plus he was hit by a pitch twice. And 2 stolen bases. Not bad for a pinch hitter. He already earned his value. Cody in AH, when he sells, will bring in more pitching to our top heavy team.

(note: if you get the chance, and you don't know of Bostock, check wikipedia. Died too young. One of the first big $ free agents)
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by HelpDodgers; 10-30-2019 at 08:46 AM.
HelpDodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 09:11 AM   #60
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDodgers View Post
Well. Not a great month of May for Belfast. I decided to bring up Lyman Bostock as a pinch hitter (putting Cody Bellinger PotM in AH).

He pinch hit in 6 games. Batting .800 plus he was hit by a pitch twice. And 2 stolen bases. Not bad for a pinch hitter. He already earned his value. Cody in AH, when he sells, will bring in more pitching to our top heavy team.

(note: if you get the chance, and you don't know of Bostock, check wikipedia. Died too young. One of the first big $ free agents)
Yea I saw alot of his games in Minnesota....Wrong place, wrong time.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote