Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 10-25-2019, 06:22 AM   #21
Hertston
Major Leagues

Collect and 'win'? Seriously? Win what? There's no reward even vaguely comparable to the effort of getting it any more. I managed to 'win' a standard pack from one of the new missions this week with minimal PP cost, but that was only because I saw it within minutes of it coming up before the usual speculators bought up every copy of the cards in circulation. I was already too late for the next one. Anything else, if the reward comes even close to matching the real value of the cards, resale or auction, none are ever available at all. And even if you manage to navigate all THAT, you realise your card reward had actually ceased to be of any practical use to you at least three 'seasons' ago. The whole system is, and will remain, a futile exercise until this virtual trading card game actually incorporates a way to trade them for each other, as opposed to selling them (less the 10%, totally unjustifiable, 'cut', of course).

You can't even 'collect' just out of interest. I'd love to do the 'Moneyball' one as spare PP presents itself, for example, but in three months I've barely seen half a dozen cards (including duplicates), all of which had bloody stupid prices attached to them. Listen up kiddies, if you want to get rid of those cards you are holding on to. Many people, including myself, are probably happy to pay well over the odds for sub-diamond cards if they only need one or two to complete the set.. but NOBODY is if none of the others, including all the iron and bronze, are even available!

My advice, until the broken gets fixed, forget the collecting and, ahem.. 'winning' and just save your points (which accumulate rather quicker than it first appears). Use the auctions with a little common sense, and you'll build up your team(s) in no time. Well, not that much time, anyway.

Last edited by Hertston; 10-25-2019 at 06:32 AM.
Hertston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 07:43 PM   #22
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

that take is completely off base. Ive made close to a million pp in surplus value from doing the big team collections from scratch without any prior investing. All the teams left I prepared most of the pieces already, the cardinals especially should be very rewarding. Obviously dont buy now when demand is at its highest.

trading is stupid and the 10% tax is a necessity, you clearly have no experience within this genre of game

Last edited by dkgo; 10-25-2019 at 07:45 PM.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 08:44 PM   #23
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
that take is completely off base. Ive made close to a million pp in surplus value from doing the big team collections from scratch without any prior investing. All the teams left I prepared most of the pieces already, the cardinals especially should be very rewarding. Obviously dont buy now when demand is at its highest.

trading is stupid and the 10% tax is a necessity, you clearly have no experience within this genre of game
While I personally agree that their take is off base, it merits at least a passing discussion because it is not unique. Their complaint is basically broken up into two parts: 1) cards are too expensive, and 2) cards aren't available for sale.

Point 1 already had a dedicated thread ( https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=304693 ) that is on its 12th page. Its been a minute or too since its been bumped, but it has been an extremely long lived thread. Plenty of people have lamented the conduct of the market speculators, and many others have proposed rules to limit their activity. This is not new.

As far as point 2 goes, this is a point that is expressed (albeit in a far more positive and constructive manner usually) on these forums quite regularly. One such example is https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=307696 who is specifically looking for ways to increase the volume of historic cards in circulation. Here ( https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=307669 ) is another recent example of someone concerned about players hoarding cards.

Hertston is expressing views that are commonly represented in this community. The content is not off base.

However, the anger and vitriol in their comments is completely unwarranted and is the reason why their argument will be ignored. They ruined any chance at being taken seriously by being combative instead of constructive. Their argument actually did more to hurt their position than advance it.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 09:49 PM   #24
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Im all for putting more cards into circulation. Ive been a big proponent of converting lots of rewards from pp to packs. ultimate team does that pretty well.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 02:10 AM   #25
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
Im all for putting more cards into circulation. Ive been a big proponent of converting lots of rewards from pp to packs. ultimate team does that pretty well.
I think the dev team has definitely been too shy in this area. Why not have a big set reward come with 10 packs in the topper? It's good for the economy and fun for the players.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 04:50 AM   #26
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Jackson's card wants glasses.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote