Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-25-2019, 02:31 AM   #41
Beatles Eternally
Minors (Double A)

Count me in! I have the other 19 plus Season Ticket, etc.
Beatles Eternally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 05:13 PM   #42
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

I will definitely pre-order, although between OOTP 20, MLB: The Show 19 and needing a new set of headphones, February is going to be an expensive month lol

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 06:32 AM   #43
JaBurns
All Star Starter

I am in, you can have the $ now if you want......Best thing I buy every year.
JaBurns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 11:23 AM   #44
reds1869
Minors (Triple A)

Ready for another great year.
reds1869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 02:24 PM   #45
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Will Little Leagues and/or Youth travel teams make it into OOTP20
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 04:07 PM   #46
ConStar
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post

I'm working on a T-ball roster set for March.
ConStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 09:30 PM   #47
grall1126
Minors (Single A)

Funny
grall1126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 09:48 PM   #48
doors11
All Star Reserve

You can count on my 40 bucks
doors11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 11:04 PM   #49
Operation Shutdown
All Star Reserve

Can't believe I've been playing this awesome game for 16 years now...still waiting for that hobbit league to form up.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
Operation Shutdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 05:57 AM   #50
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallewalls View Post
yeah, i didnt want to bring it up, but a lot of major talk about perfect team so far and very little about the offline game. i really hope the offline game makes some big jumps this year. i'll wait and see until we get an official announcement though
I struggle to come up with many things that the standard game lacks that you really, really needs.

Maybe named umpires, so you can get worked up right at the start screen for the game. Oh no, it's that cuck behind home plate again...! Your league's version of Angel Hernandez ...!

Of course there could be a lot more done with the business / accounting / marketing side of your baseball team. The moral dilemma of deciding between putting a hard liquor product on the outfield fence, or rather Bob's Kitchen Place, who only pays half as much.

Dunno. I am struggling to come up with much.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 06:02 AM   #51
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
I struggle to come up with many things that the standard game lacks that you really, really needs.

Maybe named umpires, so you can get worked up right at the start screen for the game. Oh no, it's that cuck behind home plate again...! Your league's version of Angel Hernandez ...!

Of course there could be a lot more done with the business / accounting / marketing side of your baseball team. The moral dilemma of deciding between putting a hard liquor product on the outfield fence, or rather Bob's Kitchen Place, who only pays half as much.

There are some roster rules that aren't fully replicated, which would be nice to have. I personally would also like more customisation options in some areas.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 09:09 AM   #52
Motorhead667
All Star Reserve

Can't wait
Best spent money every year
Motorhead667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 10:27 AM   #53
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Quote:

there are a lot of things i want to see implemented, but fine, be sarcastic about it
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 11:11 AM   #54
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallewalls View Post
there are a lot of things i want to see implemented, but fine, be sarcastic about it
I wasn't sarcastic about it. Instead of trying to feel offended, you could actually name what you think the game needs implemented.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 11:59 AM   #55
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I wasn't sarcastic about it. Instead of trying to feel offended, you could actually name what you think the game needs implemented.
i'm not offended, it just wasnt a remark that added anything to the conversation. but anyways, the things i would like to see added to the game are: luxury tax rules, draft compensation being correct, roster rules being correct, more statistical information about players, statcast data metrics, expanded coaching staffs, updates to the scouting system, as well as others that i have come up with throughout the years but are slipping my mind right now

EDIT: Another one! International pool money! Such a big thing in today's MLB

Last edited by wallewalls; 01-29-2019 at 04:28 PM.
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 01:20 PM   #56
playball335
Minors (Triple A)

Been 'in' since version 1 so I will be in as usual. Kind of like being a season ticket holder.

Great game, great Devs, can't wait!!
playball335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 02:55 PM   #57
ConStar
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:

I'll give you 3 I'd like to see...

1) The ability to call every pitch in the game when playing out games, and have it actually matter. I used to pitch and I'd like to be able to do it in this video game. Set up hitters, etc.

2) The ability to uncouple the draft class from the game so that you could upload draft classes into games started under older versions of OOTP and subsequently upgraded. What's going to happen to me when 20 comes out is that I'm still going to be playing a league I started in OOTP13 and have since upgraded to 14, 15, etc., as I've bought the new versions. I don't want to restart the game in 20 as I would lose my universe. But I'm increasingly having to deal with fictional players, because I don't have access anymore to the real draft classes. There are some guys playing MLB right now that aren't in my game at all. So I need the functionality to be able to merge the OOTP20 draft class into an upgraded OOTP13 game, played under OOTP20. Every time I make this suggestion, someone shoots it down as "OOTP isn't going to let people use current draft classes in old games because no one would ever buy the new game then," which isn't what I'm asking to do. There seems to be some lack of reading comprehension on their part.

3) Split-squad rules in spring training games.
ConStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 03:48 PM   #58
Cactusguy21
Major Leagues

Quote:

Really just trade AI improvements, and maybe a better trade deadline and offseason experience.
Cactusguy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 03:53 PM   #59
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Only moments ago, I had an exchange that reminded me of the need in my personal style of play: solo fictional. It may have no bearing or even a detriment to other styles of play, but I'm certain it would be optional.

Does anyone think the game should provide the opportunity for more interaction, both voluntary and compulsory- as goes responses -with the game, its personnel, maybe financial or scouting advisors, the scouts themselves? I'd be grateful for the addition of more elements that make the solo experience less solitary.

While the text engine would require massive contributions, one specific area I've been interested in is coach perspectives and input. A pitching coach's particular comment on any pitcher, or a hitting coach's 'scout' of a specific hitter, not just as an assessment of existing skills, but a projection regarding the player's role in the organization. For instance, "Gaden's contact has improved over the last few months, and I see that continuing. Let me keep him in AAA for a while longer." An option might follow to 'lock' the player, or you might subsequently shortlist, etc...

I don't mind at all if the game requires something of me.
Old 01-27-2019, 07:33 PM   #60
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

I played every version since 2000 so I missed out on the first one. I do not remember when I first did the pre-orders that i do every year. I am so looking forward to March 21st … Thanks Markus and team for making a terrific game and always striving to make it even better with each version … Keep it up. I know Thanks isn't enough in some ways but its all I can do.
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote