Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 12-31-2014, 10:17 AM   #1
Reed
All Star Starter

Setting League Modifiers for 1950 stats

I would like to know how to set modifiers so every historic season (with random players) will have stat outputs similar to the real life 1950 season.
I have a fair amount of experience playing historic going from 1901 to 2000 and would like to play an alternate universe with real players, random debut but all with the same environment of 1950 (same HR %, batting ave., walks, sb, strikeout, etc.). No fictional players.
My league has 2 subleagues, 8 teams each (16 total), 152 games/season, no DH, interleague play, random players from 1901-1975.
I have tried to go into stats menu where the modifiers are and selected totals from year 1950 and get the raw stats (AB, HTS, Ks, etc) but each year I play, the % in the right column change. I also unchecked the block for automatically adjust league totals modifiers for accuracy but after a couple seasons to stats seem off by 10 to 15% or more. IE-HR totals, hits, BA, etc..
I hope this makes sense and any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Reed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 11:03 AM   #2
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed View Post
I would like to know how to set modifiers so every historic season (with random players) will have stat outputs similar to the real life 1950 season.
I have a fair amount of experience playing historic going from 1901 to 2000 and would like to play an alternate universe with real players, random debut but all with the same environment of 1950 (same HR %, batting ave., walks, sb, strikeout, etc.). No fictional players.
My league has 2 subleagues, 8 teams each (16 total), 152 games/season, no DH, interleague play, random players from 1901-1975.
I have tried to go into stats menu where the modifiers are and selected totals from year 1950 and get the raw stats (AB, HTS, Ks, etc) but each year I play, the % in the right column change. I also unchecked the block for automatically adjust league totals modifiers for accuracy but after a couple seasons to stats seem off by 10 to 15% or more. IE-HR totals, hits, BA, etc..
I hope this makes sense and any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Here is something you could try, but "try" is the key word. I would set up a test league to do so. Not sure if what I'm suggesting is going to work for you, but it might be worth a try.

After you finish your first season and enter the preseason, check the box for automatically adjust league totals modifiers for accuracy. Then manually select 1950. Let the game do it's thing and then uncheck the box for automatically adjust league totals modifiers for accuracy. Proceed to opening day. Not sure if this will work, but give it a try.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 01:02 PM   #3
Reed
All Star Starter

Thanks for the info. I simmed 4 seasons your way and it seems more realistic/consistent than what I was getting. My result for a 140 game season were
Season 1. At Bats 77,100; Hits-20650; HRs-1500; stolen bases-650; Strike Outs 8800
Season 2. At Bats 77400; Hits-19600; HRs-1700; SBs-700; SO-10000
Season 3. At Bats-77500; Hits-20050; HRs-1630; SBs-700; SO-8800
Season 4. AB-76,700; Hits-20300; HRs-1725; SBs-625; SO-87300
I'll set up a real league and see how I like it. Thanks
Reed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 02:39 PM   #4
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

Yes, this always works for me. I have played using 1985, 1958 and 2012 as my base years and doing as suggested above (that is, select base year, have OOTP calculate, then uncheck the box) has always worked over long simulations.

Generally I sim 10 seasons before taking over a team, this last time I simmed 20 with excellent results.

BTW, I DO keep the box checked for financials at the same time so it replicates the salary structure of the years I'm playing.

For example, I'm currently playing a league that nominally started in 1946, with 2012 factors and historic financials and it is working to my satisfaction.