Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-27-2013, 08:54 PM   #1
LouisSVillano
Minors (Double A)

Discounts !

If you buy OOTP 14 it would be a nice gesture to give a discount on OOTP 15 and keep this policy going into the future.
Being able to sim the current season as the stats are made available.
Real player pictures.
All time Greats seasons available.League filers that could be downloaded with groups of ATG players.
Graphics of 100's of stadiums from the past and present.
Being able to sim games player by player (even calling the pitches) live against other players.
OOTP websites for leagues.Either OOTP supplying at least a basic website or getting a group rate on websites for online leagues.
Merry Christmas !
LouisSVillano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:15 PM   #2
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisSVillano View Post
If you buy OOTP 14 it would be a nice gesture to give a discount on OOTP 15 and keep this policy going into the future.
Why? There is a discount on the game if you pre-order. Would you have that go away?

Oh I see you're selling v12, v13 licenses. I'll give you $0.50 for both or $0.35 for v13 alone.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #3
LouisSVillano
Minors (Double A)

Ootp !

Last edited by LouisSVillano; 06-05-2018 at 07:32 PM.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:49 PM   #4
elfsutton
All Star Reserve

Really, wow, nice thread. But again, there is already a discount. In what universe would you get a discount for buying a yearly release, say like Madden or other software.

As to the abiility to download graphics, have you missed the Mods section of the forum? If so, I suggest you look at it, you might find what you want, also on the add on central portion of the game, you will find many of those things your looking for too.

The rest would turn OOTP in to MLB the Show, which no one else wants to see.

Its not that RchW might not like your post, its the tone your post set. As you can tell from your reply, RchW sort of got it right.
elfsutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:02 PM   #5
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Why,why not? Were asked to give suggestions I gave mine.Giving people discounts who buy year in and out sounds like good business to me it might spur more sales.
Oh well god forbid anybody posts something you don't like,It's like Rich W swoops down to save the day!
Just posting an alternative opinion. Something you got hostile about. Why?

Think about it. If you give discounts on next years game there is no incentive to pre-order, even less since it is not likely that OOTPD could afford to discount a second time for the pre-order. If people don't pre-order the cash flow needed to finish the game is gone at a critical moment in the development cycle.

I'll revise my position. From a business pov it's suicide (aka stupid).

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 04-28-2013, 12:37 PM   #6
LouisSVillano
Minors (Double A)

Ootp!

Last edited by LouisSVillano; 06-05-2018 at 07:30 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:54 PM   #7
ezpkns34
All Star Reserve

This thread has given me my own idea for a suggestion: an unlike button on the forum
ezpkns34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:57 PM   #8
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezpkns34 View Post
This thread has given me my own idea for a suggestion: an unlike button on the forum

You dummy!!!! That's a moronic idea.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #9
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My original post was a wish list.Thought this would be fun.
When I saw mention of trying to sell past versions of OOTP,thought this to be sarcastic,aren't we allowed to ask questions and get answers without being ridiculed.
elfsuttons post about tone.What are you talking about?
I ended my original post with "Merry Christmas" and 2 Big Grin's.
I thought that set a light hearted fun tone.
I still think a further discount for buying OOTP every year is a good idea.
As for the Mods,great but is the concept of making OOTP more user friendly not worth considering?Many people work long hours have a spouse,children and spare time is at a premium.
I believe in the future the best selling simulation sports games will be a cross between OOTP and Madden.Or lets say an upgraded version of OOTP,DDBB and The Show for Baseball.
Fair enough. Point taken.

I was being sarcastic. Is that ridiculing you? I thought it funny that someone looking to sell previous games wanted additional discounts. There was a "wink" at the end of it so I thought you'd get the joke.

The next version discount idea is crazy. I don't know what you do but it is analogous to your boss telling you that next year you will make a lower hourly rate and that any reduction in units sold will come off your total compensation. I don't know anybody who would like that. By all means make suggestions but put some thought into them.

RichW

Old 04-28-2013, 05:12 PM   #10
LouisSVillano
Minors (Double A)

Ootp !

Last edited by LouisSVillano; 06-05-2018 at 07:32 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:23 PM   #11
elfsutton
All Star Reserve

The discount that comes after time is, business being a business, because the version has most likely made a profit and they are trying to raise as much capital for the next version as they can.

Like Madden, which owners would love to be updated year in and year out with only a patch, OOTP and most games of this nature, will never update only with a patch as not many people are going to be willing to pay full price for a patch and with as much as the creators would love it to be perfect with every version, each game, no matter who makes it, will always have little tweaks that can not be correctly made with a patch.

Getting an additional discount for 'loyalty' purposes sounds great but as it was stated above, that is suicide for a game company.

If that type of thing were the case, they could give away the previous versions after they have released a newer version two years or more after. Meaning, companies could say make OOTP 9 or OOTP 10 available free to download since, heck they have four more versions. Just not good business.

Additional discounts also make it harder to make software profitable and therefore might make the developement of new versions less and less likely.

As to your question of tone, reread how you phrased your reply to RchW the first time, just comes across as argumentative.
elfsutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:30 PM   #12
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

I have an ever better idea.

Customers who bought previous versions should get free German beer for 1 year.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:26 PM   #13
LouisSVillano
Minors (Double A)

Like the idea for free German beer.

Last edited by LouisSVillano; 06-05-2018 at 07:17 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:03 PM   #14
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Being able to sim the current season as the stats are made available.
Real player pictures.
All time Greats seasons available.League filers that could be downloaded with groups of ATG players.
Graphics of 100's of stadiums from the past and present.
Being able to sim games player by player (even calling the pitches) live against other players.
OOTP websites for leagues.Either OOTP supplying at least a basic website or getting a group rate on websites for online leagues.
Merry Christmas !
You come across as being cheap and petty. 1st you have access to player photos and stadium files on OOTPMODS.com as well as add ons central. So if you are a loyal customer like many of us does that mean if you skip a version you are no longer given access to the files? ATG are a quickstart in each version. I don't care about online leagues anymore as most are fraught with inner problems. I am for your multiplayer idea.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:50 PM   #15
LouisSVillano
Minors (Double A)

Ootp !

Last edited by LouisSVillano; 06-05-2018 at 07:33 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:11 PM   #16
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

A discount is offered each year. It's called 'pre-ordering'.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:28 PM   #17
LouisSVillano
Minors (Double A)

Ootp !

Last edited by LouisSVillano; 06-05-2018 at 07:33 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:54 PM   #18
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The Game comes off as an Internet tough guy who wouldn't dare say this type of this thing to mine or anybody else's face.
Wow,how often do you tell people off in real life!
You are a coward!
I know,I know you can't help the way you were raised!
I would say this to your face and I am far from an internet tough guy. Can't handle criticism I see. Why post an idea that so many would be opposed to?
Old 04-28-2013, 11:01 PM   #19
LouisSVillano
Minors (Double A)

Ootp !

Last edited by LouisSVillano; 06-05-2018 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:24 PM   #20
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Don't believe you game.You wouldn't say squat.
As far as my original post goes,had no idea it would even get responded to.
Thought this was for fun,thought it would be looked at with all the other posts by the developers.
Believe me or don't believe me makes no difference to me. You are on one side of the internet I am on the other. Usually I am the one that says people would not say obnoxious provoking things to my face. No one has in years IRL.