Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 01-21-2015, 04:11 PM   #1
giantsfan1976
Bat Boy

Going from season to season

OK, so I finished the 2014 season with OOTP 15. I know I can continue to play but the 2015 season isn't the real schedule and a few players that are actually going to play in 2015, i.e. Yasmani Tomas, etc...aren't included because they weren't part of the league in 2014. So do I need to buy OOTP 16 in order to get them? And if so, how do I continue the game I'm on now with the new players?
giantsfan1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 01:27 AM   #2
limsol45
Minors (Single A)

I usually don't play real mlb leagues, but I believe that ootp has a good amount of real minor leaguers. Your league won't mirror all the transactions, but you could go into commissioner mode and edit all the teams to reflect the moves and signings that have happened.

You could try and just to continue to play your league how it is and see where it goes. Best part of ootp is being able to play what you want.
limsol45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:52 AM   #3
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan1976 View Post
OK, so I finished the 2014 season with OOTP 15. I know I can continue to play but the 2015 season isn't the real schedule and a few players that are actually going to play in 2015, i.e. Yasmani Tomas, etc...aren't included because they weren't part of the league in 2014. So do I need to buy OOTP 16 in order to get them? And if so, how do I continue the game I'm on now with the new players?
The 2015 schedule might be available somewhere on the forums. Someone usually makes it right after it comes out. As far as the new players you can add them manually otherwise yes you would need to buy 16 to have the 2015 schedule and new players.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 10:40 AM   #4
giantsfan1976
Bat Boy

How do you add them manually? I haven't seen that option yet.
giantsfan1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 08:13 AM   #5
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Go to the FA or Draft screen. Inm the top right you will see a drop down menu. Add fictional player then go into the ditor and edit their name and stats etc. Believe that you will have to be in Commish mode to edit most of that. I added Jose Abreu last year. He did better IRL.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 04:50 PM   #6
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

I posted the 2015 MLB and MILB schedules here:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...schedules.html
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 06:20 PM   #7
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Another way to do it is to make a league from the MLB quickstart that comes with OOTP 15. It includes all the international leagues so players like Yasmani Tomas, Yoan Moncada, and so forth are included. Decide how many of those players you want to add, then go to the league you want to add them to and create that number of free agents. Always make those free agents really young, really bad, and fully developed. That way, when you export those rosters, those fictional free agents should appear at the very bottom of the file.

Then go back to the quickstart, and in Commissioner Mode, reassign the players you want to add to a MLB team and export the MLB rosters. Open the MLB QS rosters and your league's rosters in Excel, copy and paste the players you reassigned over the fictional FAs you created -- everything except player IDs and team IDs -- and then save the league rosters as a .csv file and import that file back into your league. Those players should show up in the free agents list.

Last edited by OBSL Commish; 01-23-2015 at 06:21 PM.
OBSL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 10:02 PM   #8
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by limsol45 View Post
I usually don't play real mlb leagues, but I believe that ootp has a good amount of real minor leaguers.
I believe almost all of the minors have real players and a couple years worth of draft classes have real college/high school players.

I'm not certain but I'm pretty sure it does. I, too, only play fictional.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 11:19 PM   #9
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
I believe almost all of the minors have real players and a couple years worth of draft classes have real college/high school players.

I'm not certain but I'm pretty sure it does. I, too, only play fictional.
All teams in ootp have real players, their RL stats and real opening day rosters..as for draftees, they're all real and we're adding more and more future draft eligible players everyday complete with school stats where possible.
As I added the minor lg. stats for ootp 16, only 16 players were missing in ootp 15 and they were all dsl and vsl players.
Old 02-06-2015, 02:16 AM   #10
Amazin69
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Just chiming in to say that as a late purchaser of OOTP 15 (December) I was shocked to get to the 2016 draft class and find that it was all real players. Excellent, and I can't wait to see how far this extends in v.16

Of course this means I have to wait for someone to make facegens of them (I don't do a fictional unless the player is such, and on a Mac, I can't make them myself) but that's a small, small price. Between this and the news that v. 16 will have rainouts, I've been pleasantly shocked twice in a row. Way to go guys.
Amazin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:08 AM   #11
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazin69 View Post
Just chiming in to say that as a late purchaser of OOTP 15 (December) I was shocked to get to the 2016 draft class and find that it was all real players. Excellent, and I can't wait to see how far this extends in v.16

Of course this means I have to wait for someone to make facegens of them (I don't do a fictional unless the player is such, and on a Mac, I can't make them myself) but that's a small, small price. Between this and the news that v. 16 will have rainouts, I've been pleasantly shocked twice in a row. Way to go guys.
You'll be even more shocked once you get 16..it's awesome and then some.