Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 11-16-2013, 12:49 AM   #21
hfield007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post

14. IRS%! Seriously, this has been requested for so many versions, I can't believe we still don't have any Inherited Runners stats for relief pitchers.
it is sad when almost every network shows this for relievers and most of the announcers can't even wrap their head around WAR in a correct manner, yet OOTP is without it.
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:03 PM   #22
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

EDIT: Nevermind, it was just my stupidity, not a missing feature.

Last edited by Fyrestorm3; 11-20-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:43 AM   #23
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

16. Familial Relations. Not sure exactly how would be the best way to implement it, but it'd be cool (and realistic) to see brothers and father/son duos generated by the game.

17. A "Show Bunt" Option. I've seen this suggested before, and I want to add my support for it. Exactly as it says, an in-game option that causes the batter to square to bunt, but pull back regardless of the pitch. The AI already knows how to react to a bunt attempt if the batter doesn't get it down on the first try, so it should be pretty easy to add in. Seems like something that should be in the game already.

Last edited by Fyrestorm3; 01-22-2014 at 02:56 AM.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:51 PM   #24
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Well, this is a bit late in the development stages, but worse comes to worst, I'll just re-post this in the OOTP16 Suggestions forum:

18. A separate Scouting Accuracy setting for speed/defense. As it stands now, scouting accuracy affects every rating in the game, though the speed and defensive ability ratings are affected much less than other ratings. While this is fairly realistic, I think it'd be nice to have the ability to set the scouting accuracy for these ratings separate from the global scouting accuracy. I know that I, personally, would want to play with Low or Very Low global accuracy, but High or even 100% Accurate for speed and defense.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:46 AM   #25
ConStar
Minors (Triple A)

* More staff members on the team -- i.e., first- and third-base coaches.

* An option to have baserunning be ALWAYS selectable if you're managing the game. Meaning, I want it to always ask me if I want to go for an extra base, or try to tag up on a fly ball. Just tonight, I had a game where two deep fly balls were hit to the wall of Comiskey Park and the runner on third didn't try to go home. On a related note, the play-by-play in this game is very well done, but it must be lacking in this department as well, because most of the time that I try for an extra base (on the off-chance I actually get the option to do so), I get thrown out, no matter if I have a speed-burner running and the outfielder holding the ball is mediocre at throwing it. I'm left to assume the outfielder was actually much closer to the diamond than the PBP system let on.

* When you select a relief pitcher to take over for your starter, and you do it at the beginning of an inning -- and ESPECIALLY after a rain delay or injury -- he comes in warm and ready to go rather than cold. It may already be this way and I'm just not seeing it, but in real life, the new pitcher after a rain delay or injury gets all the time he needs to warm up, and in the case of a pitcher coming in after the half-inning break, he has warm-up tosses before the ball is called ready for play.
ConStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:51 PM   #26
HawkyTom
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
13. An easier way to view a pitcher's past pitch counts. I often choose my reliever based on how many days it's been since he pitched last. It'd be nice to be able to see all my pitchers' past pitch counts side-by-side, possibly as a customizable view option. As it stands now, I have to go into every single pitcher's profile to see that information. Not a huge deal, but tiresome.

14. IRS%! Seriously, this has been requested for so many versions, I can't believe we still don't have any Inherited Runners stats for relief pitchers.

#13 I do the exact same thing and it's frustratingly annoying as hell having to do it this way! I'd settle for having a 'view' column with rest status % ... whether it's 100%, 93%, 70%, 40%, 10%, 0%, etc... or at least a column that shows the date or number of days since the last pitch thrown.

[BONUS suggestion:]

It's also annoying when you are trying to make a pitching change and 'All Batters' is still shown...or when your pinch hitting and it's on 'All Pitchers' and having to swap it back and fourth constantly. I'd use the 'All Players' more if there was a checkbox or something that would let you hide playing who are ineligible to come into the game (already playing, or already PH/pitched, came out of the game etc)

Last edited by HawkyTom; 04-02-2014 at 12:57 PM.
HawkyTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:00 PM   #27
Mr. Baseball
All Star Starter

The news stories still have a lot of issues, but they're getting better every year IMO.

Duluth Danger (HBL) Dynasty Report -- Online League Franchise
Duluth - 1985/1989 North League Champions!

Mr. Baseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:38 AM   #28
HerbD
All Star Reserve

Quote:

This was actually added to OOTP15. Youcan find it in the extended pitching stats of the player profile or pitching stats 2 of the team stats screens.
Old 07-13-2014, 12:25 PM   #29
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

In a no DH league, Remove the RHP/LHP + DH lineup card

also visa versa for DH only leagues
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:32 PM   #30
ConStar
Minors (Triple A)

And one more from me ... THE ABILITY TO CALL PITCHES! If I want the guy to throw 13 curveballs in a row, dangit, let me.
ConStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:33 PM   #31
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbD View Post
This was actually added to OOTP15. Youcan find it in the extended pitching stats of the player profile or pitching stats 2 of the team stats screens.
I know. If you check the date of the post, it was from back when this was the OOTP15 Suggestions Forum. I'll eventually make a new thread for my OOTP16 suggestions.

I do wish people would stop adding suggestions to my personal wishlist, though. I mean, I don't have a problem with most of them, but the thread title clearly states that it's my wishlist, not a generic suggestions thread. Just saying.