Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-29-2019, 02:55 PM   #61
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Looks like your pack pulls were +EV, though it may take a lot of manual time to sort through all the cards, list auctions, wait for cards to sell, and recoup the investment.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 03:07 PM   #62
Nero
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
Tip of the hat to Nero!
Thanks!

Hands down best half season I've had while in Perfect, and for once I'm less tempted to monkey around and make changes. Early struggles was the 98 Pudge Rodriguez barely keeping his average above the Mendoza line, and struggling to throw out runners. (Made me look at my SP and realize it was less his fault, than it was the starters I had in place. And despite some good results, I may decide to purge one of them...which we all know will be the one guy I should not purge...whoever it turns out to be)

I'd really rather not have the #1 seed this year, as I think you and I have the two best teams in the NC, and I'd really rather not see you in a short series in the playoffs, you've got an excellent team!
Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 04:46 PM   #63
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Thanks for the roster pic! You have a good team there. It's too bad you couldn't keep Keeler and Appling - they have both consistently performed well for me even in this whale heavy league.

You know, I've always felt like you seem to get more from your team than should be possible. I remember when you were in my league and your team did so well (coming oh so close to winning it all) with a roster that looked quite a bit weaker than others with similar records. And it wasn't just because you were beating up on weaker teams, you were also beating some really strong teams. So I can only conclude you must be using some kind of magic. After all, just look at some of those recent pack pulls you've had.
Magic and good pack openings sounds like a good combination to me.

Pack pulls have been helpful for sure. I am getting closer to earning my own SE Luke Appling thru the missions thanks to a 91 Ted Lyons dropping out of the sky in one of those packs I did recently. All of those White Sox diamond players have been priced at ludicrous levels so it was quite the windfall to get Lyons for ~free. I just need to suck it up and purchase another diamond (Faber, Rigney, or Shoeless Joe) and I'll finally have the clean version of Appling I wanted.

Quote:
After Huntley put together a 21-7 May and raced to a 10-3 start in June, seemingly putting the NC West in play, the bottom fell out--the Austin Express asserted its dominance with a 3-game sweep in the Red Raiders' own backyard, which kicked off a dreadful 4-9 ending to the month for Huntley, leaving the Red Raiders 12 games back and firmly in the Wild Card discussion. Austin also extended its lead in the race for the #1 seed to 12 games, as the Guelph Diamond Cats had a June to forget, going 9-16. Austin's monthly records are 1-0, 21-5, 21-7, and 22-5, so they are clearly the class of the NC. Tip of the hat to Nero!

The story was very similar in the AC, as the Chicago Cubbies put together an 18-8 June to take a 6-game lead in the AC West over the 6-time Perfect League champion Dyersville Ghosts and a 10-game lead over the Subway Jareds in the race for the #1 AC seed.

Standings follow...
That AC West division is real interesting. The Dyersville Ghosts are always really strong. I've been in the same league as Dyersville 2 or 3 times and they're always a team to be reckoned with. The Chicago Cubbies were a team to watch that I picked out last week based on roster talent, but they didn't have a very good week for some reason. And then San Dimas is the team that knocked my Frogs off in the PL series last week.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 05:43 PM   #64
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

So my closer (Bob Feller) lost out to Billy Wagner for all-star game closer in my conference...guess who's numbers are who's. What am I missing here? Does Feller lose out because he's "supposed" to be a starter? Hell, this Wagner wasn't even the best Wagner in the first half!
Attached Images
Image Image 

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 06:33 PM   #65
Will_L
All Star Reserve

My Corsairs and Reavers were both doing well when I checked them late this morning, in 1st in their divisions and the Subway Rats were in 3rd - 6 games back playing .500 ball. Shohei Otani on the Corsairs might have made the All Star team as a reliever but it would have been with his bat rather than his arm because he is sucking fumes as a pitcher this season and DH'ing pretty well. I'll find out tomorrow morning.
Old 08-29-2019, 07:25 PM   #66
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

What. Not expecting to any good in Gold, but

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 11:22 PM   #67
Magus978
All Star Starter

Finding myself just going through the motions this week. Most of my teams are enjoying their losing as I sit here knowing anything I do will not change the situation.

Lost week on the field for most of my teams, and some things I'm trying to move aren't selling. Now that's what I call a wasted season.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 11:28 PM   #68
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero View Post
I'd really rather not have the #1 seed this year
Unfortunately (?), I think it's inevitable. The Red Raiders have decided that treading water is awesome (17-18 over our last 35 games), while your Austin Express are on a 13-game winning streak at the moment, so you've opened up a 17.5-game lead in the division and a 15.5-game lead for that #1 seed. Face it, nero--you're #1!

Meanwhile, over in the AC West, the Chicago Cubbies continue to hold off the Dyersville Ghosts, 76-27 to 72-31; playing the role of "AC Red Raiders" are the San Dimas Wyld Stallyns at 59-43.

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 12:52 AM   #69
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
Lost week on the field for most of my teams, and some things I'm trying to move aren't selling. Now that's what I call a wasted season.
This sentiment seems to be gathering momentum. I wonder why such an AH slowdown. It's only been 10 days since the last batch of missions came out. Maybe people are starting to lose interest as football season approaches? Too many teams having maxed out and not looking to make improvements? Beginning of a new school year?

As for me, I've been trying to sell a 98 Willie Keeler card (116 CON!!) for 2 weeks now and no dice. The all-time average sale price is 120K. I was pricing in the low 100's, but then a couple of guys got desperate and the last 7-day average price went down into the 80s. Just now as it's about to clear out after those panic sales, a new guy has been auctioning at 70K with no BIN on really short auctions. The same card over and over and over. Someone placed a bid at 70K, so the last 7-day price is gonna take another hit. Which means I'll probably have to wait at least another week before the last 7-day price isn't a big neon flashing dealbreaker for any of my potential customers.

It's rough out there. Lots of competition on the seller side. Apathy and lack of demand on the buyer side.

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 08-30-2019 at 12:56 AM.
Old 08-30-2019, 01:19 AM   #70
Izz
Hall Of Famer

We're somehow at .500, 53-53. Cool.

Dean Chance was our only All Star. We remain 3rd in base-running

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 01:56 AM   #71
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
This sentiment seems to be gathering momentum. I wonder why such an AH slowdown. It's only been 10 days since the last batch of missions came out. Maybe people are starting to lose interest as football season approaches? Too many teams having maxed out and not looking to make improvements? Beginning of a new school year?

As for me, I've been trying to sell a 98 Willie Keeler card (116 CON!!) for 2 weeks now and no dice. The all-time average sale price is 120K. I was pricing in the low 100's, but then a couple of guys got desperate and the last 7-day average price went down into the 80s. Just now as it's about to clear out after those panic sales, a new guy has been auctioning at 70K with no BIN on really short auctions. The same card over and over and over. Someone placed a bid at 70K, so the last 7-day price is gonna take another hit. Which means I'll probably have to wait at least another week before the last 7-day price isn't a big neon flashing dealbreaker for any of my potential customers.

It's rough out there. Lots of competition on the seller side. Apathy and lack of demand on the buyer side.
I also have a Wee Willie on my main team (Patriots), and I've gone back and forth on cashing in to finance pitching improvements. At his current 7-day and declining price, I cannot do it...so that team is stuck in such limbo limping through their seasons with terrible pitching. Makes me lose interest more and more by the day knowing there's absolutely nothing I can do about that.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 01:59 AM   #72
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs went 15-9 in July and are now 74-30 (+179) on the season. This is good for a 10-game division lead.

The Frogs were passed for best overall record in P404 as the Whatever Whatevers used a 23-2 July to inch ahead. They also have the top RDiff (+235).

Satchel Paige struggled a bit in a stopper role, probably due to over-usage (the AI seems to want to use the stopper in every game if possible). But, he also recorded his 2nd immaculate inning of the season. Cha-ching. Headed back to middle relief so the "41"-year-old's arm doesn't fall off.

Christy Mathewson has gotten himself into a funk after beginning the season 13-0 with an ERA just south of 2. He's still a respectable 15-3 with 2.99 ERA at the moment. Still leads the conference in wins, but he's dropped out of the top 3 in pitcher WAR after duking it out with the Whatevers' Pete Alexander for most of the 1st half.

George Sisler continues to...heh...sizzle. I think I've found my new full-time DH, all apologies to Tim Raines. Sisler was the top vote-getter for the All-Star team, which is a first for a La Crosse Fighting Frog. Sisler is batting .326/.369/.564, is the conference RBI leader by a mile with 99 RBI, and is on pace to do exactly 30/30 HR/SB. Not bad for his first season on the team. Oh, and he's also 2nd in the conference in batting average only because teammate Tony Gwynn is batting .349.

No real PP available to make any major changes, although I'm not sure the team really needs anything different right now.

Old 08-30-2019, 02:30 AM   #73
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

Syndergaard threw a perfect game in the 2036 season, now Verlander added a no-hitter to our team history
Attached Images
Image Image 

F2P Team
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 03:26 AM   #74
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Paragon City Heroes had a fun July going 18-7 and finishing at 71-36,a lead of 11 games. Bill Madlock was top vote getter, he was joined by Scherzer and Catfish at SP, Greinke RP, Lee Smith CL, Lonnie Smith LF, Kirby Puckett RF and Buck O'Neil 1B who went on and won the ASG MVP. We made a couple of roster changes bought SE Seaver to replace SE Plank and brought in Phil Regan to replace the underperforming Axford in the pen. What we really need now is a lefty DH, so i've brought in Peak Gwynn. the bottom of my lineup could probably do with some invesment, a better offensive catcher and 2nd base wouldn't go amiss, current lineup

Bad News Bulldogs went into the ASG winning 7 straight (and 13 out of 14) they came out of the ASG on a 8 game losing streak, but still someohow have a 4 1/2 game lead at 60-47. only Robinson and Hoak went to the ASG

Neuman Furshlugginers are back to losing more than they win, the optimism in June quickly disappeared, and they limped to 49-57, 1 game behind 3 teams. They may be terrible at baseball but these teams are putting on a show. We are currently closer to relegation than the wildcard despite being 1 game back in the division, clearly whoever wins this division is going to sweep through the playoffs

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 04:17 AM   #75
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Accountants lead the division by 16 games. That one might be in the bag. (tempts fate)

Rebs have sagged to 48-57 and last in the division. Still not near relegation but dropping. They finally scratched out enough points (they are seriously not making points this week; just over 2k at this point…) for another pack and popped Syndergaard though. He was on the Raccoons for a long time and got relentlessly bopped in Perfect, but maybe he can dig 'em out in Gold...?

The dear Raccoons' answer to getting some influx yesterday (Tatis, Hendriks) was to remain… middling? Six over .500, three games off the second wild card. Again, they have never made the Perfect playoffs in … too many seasons. Or for that matter, had a winning record.

However, they are 2-7 against the Saints logo whale in the division and will play TEN with them in August. That should break them up for good…

The double deGrom and Hendriks sold overnight (along with a multitude of lesser cards), so the Coons are still awash in PP. Sale and Kershaw are still there, though. The Hendriks I kept has a 9.39 ERA. Tatis hit .261 with one homer.

(shrugs helplessly)

Ah! Still better than the dynasty Coons, though, last in their division and with the contracts of Tom Shumway, Rico Gutierrez, and Tim Stalker tied around their neck and dragging them underwater.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 11:44 AM   #76
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Sold enough stuff to recoup almost 50k points and well, **** it, bought another 50 packs. I will do this til I’m broke again or I get a [insert top 10 hitter card of your choice] card!

As yesterday, I will present my meaningful loot, excluding live cards below gold and historical bronze cards. Cards with a * are duplicates. As before, those high-value duplicates go on the market with a buy-it-now ending in 15, so these will be stat-free for the crowd that’s into that.

(58) – CL Daryl Patterson – 1968 Unsung Hero *

(76) – SS Joe Sewell – 1921 Rookie Sensation
(79) – CF Bernie Williams – 1997 All Star

(80) – RF David Dahl – Live *
(82) – 1B Josh Bell – Live *
(82) – SP Jim Perry – 1970 Hardware Hero
(82) – SP Hyun-Jin Ryu – Live
(82) – SS Ozzie Smith – 1991 All Star
(85) – SP Ian Anderson – Future Legend
(87) – SP Lance Lynn – Live *

(91) – CF Deion Sanders – 1992 Unsung Hero

(100) – RF Cody Bellinger – Live

Each of the first three packs had a Gold+ (including Sanders), and Bellinger was in the last pack. In between? Lots of nothing.

Bellinger is also on the market, and I’m not sure whether I should keep the Sanders. My Braves collections look entirely barren and the 7-day average seems to be 19k. If I get both to sell for the average, plus the double golds, I will actually make a profit from this.

Old 08-30-2019, 12:45 PM   #77
Nero
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Unfortunately (?), I think it's inevitable. The Red Raiders have decided that treading water is awesome (17-18 over our last 35 games), while your Austin Express are on a 13-game winning streak at the moment, so you've opened up a 17.5-game lead in the division and a 15.5-game lead for that #1 seed. Face it, nero--you're #1!

Meanwhile, over in the AC West, the Chicago Cubbies continue to hold off the Dyersville Ghosts, 76-27 to 72-31; playing the role of "AC Red Raiders" are the San Dimas Wyld Stallyns at 59-43.
Yeah......

It's hands down the most talent team I've ever had, and I left most of it alone after winning last year. Largely because of the market deflation, and inability to move a couple of cards, which I suspect will get listed and sold after this season. I'll shut up and enjoy this week, but it's also the week I've least enjoyed following this team, I've enjoyed my bronze Cubs theme team even more, because the ups and downs are just more fun to watch.

I agree the AC West had 3 good teams, (and more PL Championships) but I think the 2 best teams still reside in the NC West, and I believe (at least hope) that the eventual champion this year is coming out of our division. If it isn't me, I sure as heck will be cheering for you! Go McHenry County! (Even if I haven't been there for 5 years, I can still cheer for the region teams!)
Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 02:23 PM   #78
old timer
Hall Of Famer

The Raccoons are slightly off the 90 W pace we're shooting for. We still can't beat the whales much so I guess we've just lost ground to those kinds of teams. It seems like the whales pitching hasn't really improved much in quite a few seasons (still the usual Young, Johnson, etc.), but the hitting (and defense) sure has, which explains why my pitching is getting hammered by them more than in the past.

Look at that losing streak of 29 games by Santurce. I've never seen a team that wasn't tanking lose so many in a row before. Anyone else? Amazingly, they're still only the 3rd worst team record wise (+1 Diff). They had a brutal schedule of late which is what led to this losing streak. They played 24 of 28 games against whales (!) and the other 4 were against my Raccoons. They've got 3 straight against the appropriately named Roadkill (who beat them in the 1st game), then they've got another whale to play.

Edit: After 31 straight losses, they finally beat someone (it took 16 innings to beat the Roadkill).
Attached Images

Last edited by old timer; 08-30-2019 at 03:45 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 02:31 PM   #79
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

And for all my efforts the Raccoons are now under .500 … I hate that bunch… -.-

Old 08-30-2019, 02:45 PM   #80
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero View Post
It's hands down the most talent team I've ever had, and I left most of it alone after winning last year. Largely because of the market deflation, and inability to move a couple of cards, which I suspect will get listed and sold after this season. I'll shut up and enjoy this week, but it's also the week I've least enjoyed following this team, I've enjoyed my bronze Cubs theme team even more, because the ups and downs are just more fun to watch.
I completely agree, and it's funny how that works, isn't it? Between the Red Raiders' 1-8 start; dominant rest of April, May, and first half of June; and mediocre second half of June and all of July, I've found myself very immersed in my team this week, more than many other weeks...often to my blood pressure's detriment, but still.

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote