Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-03-2019, 12:02 PM   #61
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
I wonder whether those two are connected
There is another Louisville Colonels??? I can't sort the universe by team name, so I had no idea.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 12:20 PM   #62
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
There is another Louisville Colonels??? I can't sort the universe by team name, so I had no idea.
You can search for team names in the user name block. Only one word of the team name; putting a space in the block returns nothing.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 12:37 PM   #63
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Only one word of the team name; putting a space in the block returns nothing.
Thanks! I was putting the whole team name including a space.
Old 08-03-2019, 03:35 PM   #64
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
I have the 4th best record in the league yet trail Florida by 10 games in the NC Central. If I get by the WC game (which my team has trouble with) I am playing .500 ball against Florida so far this season so hoping I get a chance to knock them off.

Ah, so your team is the Coney Island Warriors. Nice team you got there! Maybe we'll meet in the playoffs. Good luck!

The way things look now, you'll have to play Florida assuming you win the WC game, while we'll probably play Oakland, an elite defensive team with good pitching (#1 in RA due to their defense). This kind of team can be so tough in a short series (we're 5-1 vs them this season).

p.s. - Those annoying Mud Hens keep beating the Raccoons. Our magic # is 1, so it's pretty much over anyhow, but still...

Last edited by old timer; 08-03-2019 at 03:38 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 04:37 PM   #65
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs (83-64) are grinding for a playoff spot in P403. The Perugia Warriors have been extremely consistent and are leading the division by 9 games. But, what concerns me most is, after being in wild card position for a couple of days now, the Bad Boyz Black Panthers are 11-0 in September and have passed the Frogs by 1/2 game. There are still 6 games to be played between the division foes, but this wild card race has the feel of getting sniped in the auction house. lol

The Black Panthers also have to play 4 more games against Perugia whereas the Frogs have finished the season series.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 04:48 PM   #66
Izz
Hall Of Famer

The outlier season continues for B'sin'Glou. 98-48, division clinched, best record in the league, 89OVR Dennis Eckersley with 35 saves and a 0.90 ERA, setup man Tommy Hunter 9-0 with a 1.91 ERA.

Oh, and Carew, after 157 starts at 3B over the last 2 seasons finally has a 1 rating there!

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 08:45 PM   #67
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs have regained the WC #2 spot, and currently have a 2.5 game lead. The upcoming 3-game series is against the team chasing me.

With every Sunday in September being an off day, the Frogs are now riding a 4-man rotation (Clemens/Scherzer/Gibson/Sabathia) and have Eddie Plank operating as the long man in the bullpen. This gets Shane Bieber off of the active roster, where he's been a weak spot, and allows Jordan Hicks to make his return.

With almost no lefty SPs left on the remaining schedule, the Frogs also decided to put diamond Ryan Braun up for auction and bring SE Andruw Jones back onto the active roster for more outfield defense.

On another note, the 10-time PL champ Methuen Silver Sox appear to be rounding into playoff form--they're on a 32-game winning streak.

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 08-03-2019 at 08:48 PM.
Old 08-03-2019, 11:17 PM   #68
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
As usual, we can't beat the good teams (combined 2-6 vs. the other two).
The Carnivores just swept us in a three-game series, which does not bode well for a playoff series against them should I manage to get there. I am still several pieces short of a complete jigsaw puzzle, but my box is empty. I will look around tonight... maybe some pieces fell on the floor while I was screaming and pounding my keyboard.
Old 08-03-2019, 11:27 PM   #69
Josquin
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
The Carnivores just swept us in a three-game series, which does not bode well for a playoff series against them should I manage to get there. I am still several pieces short of a complete jigsaw puzzle, but my box is empty. I will look around tonight... maybe some pieces fell on the floor while I was screaming and pounding my keyboard.
Here's another take on it: Our teams are more evenly matched than the regular season record suggests. So I would expect things to even out some in the playoffs. Which is good for you and bad for me.
Old 08-03-2019, 11:58 PM   #70
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Meanwhile, in P426...

The Huntley Red Raiders have had a tremendous year. With the regular season winding down, the Red Raiders are currently 118-40 and have allowed a league-low 475 runs, with every starting pitcher sporting a WAR of at least 5.0, led by Ed Walsh's 6.7. The offense has scored a second-best 904 runs, led by 2B Arky Vaughan (.319/.390/.497, 5.3 WAR) and RF Christian Yelich (.304/.377/.531, 4.9 WAR). All of this fantastic success has guaranteed Huntley...

...home-field advantage in the Wild Card game.

That's because the Red Raiders are in the same division as the 4-time Perfect League champion Long Beach-Compton Anarcho-Syndicalists, who are currently a league-best 124-35, featuring an offense that has scored an incredible 1,084 runs.

First-world problems, I know, but still...

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 01:18 AM   #71
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

It's all coming down to G162 to determine if La Crosse will need to play a G163...it'll be my 94 CC Sabathia vs the opponent's 94 Cy Young.

The Frogs are 91-70 and have a 1 game lead on the Bad Boyz Black Panthers for WC #2. Had a 2.5 game lead on them recently, until they pulled off a 3-game sweep where the Frogs scored 2 runs in the entire series. Since then, the Frogs have been a bit better and also got an assist from Perugia--the division leader took 3/4 from the Black Panthers.

The Frogs pulled off a 7-3 win in G161, riding a seven-run 8th inning. In that 8th inning, the Frogs tallied 3 bases loaded walks in a row to set up a grand slam from Andruw Jones (recently recalled from the inactive roster).

Old 08-04-2019, 02:15 AM   #72
Magus978
All Star Starter

Finished my first week of perfect play at 73-89, avoiding relegation easily and finishing 3rd in our division. After packing perfect Dennis Eckersley mid-season, we cashed in once safety was confirmed and brought in some parts that I believe will push us closer to, if not over .500 next week.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 02:25 AM   #73
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

In typical high drama Frog-ian fashion, the Frogs lost a 4.5 game early September lead, then built a 2.5 game late September lead, then lost that lead as well, lost G162, got forced into G163 on the road, won that one-game scenario to get a ticket to a second one-game scenario (a.k.a. the wild card game).

In G163, the Frogs cracked open 100 Christy Mathewson and friends like an egg, scoring 5 runs in the 7th, 4 more in the 8th, and another two insurance runs in the 9th. It was a tense 0-0 affair through 6 innings, before La Crosse's offense was able to secure the 11-4 win.

Nomar Garciaparra had himself quite the season for the Frogs. He finished up on a 3/5 game with 3 runs and 2 doubles to give him an even 65 doubles on the season. Nomar takes the NC batting crown (.362) by 26 points and finishes 3rd in both WAR (6.1) and RBI (125).

Old 08-04-2019, 02:26 AM   #74
Caedus
Minors (Single A)

Exciting finish in P404, Tahiti rides an 8 game win streak to win our division by one game (while our division rival goes 2-7 and has to settle for squeaking into the final wild card.)
Old 08-04-2019, 02:43 AM   #75
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

All 3 teams made the playoffs as division champions.

Doha (128-34) was able to get the #1 seed in the conference over the Orlando Shockers (127-35). This could be very important because the #3 seed Vlad News Bears (119-43) are also a very strong team while both wild card teams should be a little less dangerous, even if you never know.
The season highlights have been a 20 game win streak by Tom Seaver and a 49 saves (and counting) streak by perfect Eck.

Great Lakes (105-57) ended up as the #2 seed in the conference and will face the Southeast Ramblers (95-67) against whom we split the season's series.

Perugia (100-62) ended up as the #3 seed and will play the Worchester Wholphin (106-56) while the clear favorites in the conference are the mighty Methuen Silver Sox (124-38)

Last edited by moalkha; 08-04-2019 at 02:44 AM.
moalkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 03:18 AM   #76
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Due to feeling miserable for a few days, the week mostly passed me by…

As usual, the Raccoons simply didn't matter. 67-95, fourth in division, umpty-seven games out of anything of interest.

Rebs came up tied for last in their division, but were halfway decent at 80-82. Raul Mondesi hit for a cycle in August. That aside, few did much and many did little…

The Accountants are the only playoff team I have anywhere in PT this week, and once again it's a wild card. 87-75, tied for second in the wicked 6-team division. However, since there is only eight playoff teams, they won't actually have to play a wild card game but will face the division champs Niagara Falls in a best-of-five for promotion. Yeah, like that's ever worked out...

The weirdest disappointment remains the 1937 Joe DiMaggio, who played 84 games and still only managed to generate 235 PP (which includes shares of team achievements, including 40 for making the playoffs!) despite batting a superficially decent .304 with 17 homers and an .883 OPS. I don't know anymore… I just don't know anymore...

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 03:36 AM   #77
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Paragon City Heroes won the division by 5 games with a 102-60 record which also led the conference. But we were awful in 1 run and extra innings games, Greinke was the pick of the pitchers in most stats and had a solid 19 wins and 5.3WAR. Miguel Cabrera led the team in HR despite only playing 123 games. Vada Pinson had yet another stellar year with 5.8WAR and 143 OPS+. Still not confident we can improve on last years 1st round playoff exit though

Bad News Bulldogs finished top of their division by 10 games with a 102-60 record, mainly thanks to their 17-3 record in the last 20 games of the season no one had more than Singletons 21 HR 88 RBI so run but Concepcion led the league with a .341 average and was second in the league in WAR behind diamond Biggio. We did however have one of the best defences in the league and the best pitching staff. Which i'll take given that we are part way through changing the team to a Reds theme. I'll be happy however the playoffs go.

Neuman Furshlugginers cruised to a 110-52 record in their 1st season, with Appier getting 20 wins and 3 other pitchers getting 17. Sammy Sosa struck out 188 times. Goldschmidt was the offensive star with 31HR 110RBI but no one was anywhere near the top league performers. Team will be converting to all live cards when i can afford it, but they should have plenty to get promoted, though i will likely face a tough 100 game winner in the 1st round so anything could happen

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 03:37 AM   #78
Izz
Hall Of Famer

The wacky season rolls on for B'sin'Glou.

107-55, the best record by far of any team in D357. A pythag of 103-59, which would still have been the best record in the league.

We're still FTP and primarily focused on collections atm, which means the team hasn't changed hugely in the last few seasons. Pulled Mookie Betts in a challenge mode pack 4 weeks ago and added Harry Heilmann via the Detroit collection 3 weeks ago. I've only tinkered with lineup order and depth charts since then. My starting rotation also hasn't changed in 3 seasons. My bullpen has changed the most but not in any way I'd call drastic.

Anyhoo, I'm not complaining. I'll take the outlier and savor it all the way until I get beaten in the Division Series tomorrow by a wildcard

To demonstrate how much of an outlier this is, here are our overall season records since we've been in diamond:
Attached Images

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 09:28 AM   #79
RunninYakAngler
Minors (Triple A)

The YakAnglers first season in Perfect ended at 79-83 and a few games out of the final wild card spot, behind the Pine Tar Pirates, who won the division, and the Painter's Wife's Islanders, who dropped their final six and including a play-in game.. Only late season addition was 87 Raines, who struggled in the few games he played. He replaced 77 Raines. Not sure if I like the move. 89 Bagwell led the team with 30 long ones, but only hit .235

The Marathoners finished 78-84, 2nd in their division but several games out. 80 Stan Musial finished 3rd for the batting title at .311. We added Goose Goslin late in the season, and he was simply bad. Hopefully it's the small sample size but early signs say sell sell sell. The New Orleans Brees had 131 wins, and the Saigon Triton had 126 to destroy all in their path.

And those bad news Miners started off slow and things only got worse, stumbling to a 58-104 and a trip back to Diamond next season. This team should have never made Perfect but got hot in the playoffs and this season was fully expected to happen, sooner or later.

The Miners added 95 Adrian Beltre, finally moving Vlad jr away from 3B, who is training at 1B now. We sold 89 Pujols to make the move. Also added was 87 Garry Maddox, 89 Martin Dihigo, 92 Jack Morris, 91 Historical Newcombe, 95 Kirby Yates, 89 Valenzuela (too cheap to pass up), 69 LaValliere, and last but not least, 66 Aparicio. Pretty much all these moves were from selling John Henry Lloyd. I decided to fill (hopefully!) multiple holes rather than getting one or two super studs.

RunninYakAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 10:40 AM   #80
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Regular season doesn’t matter. Anything goes in the playoffs. Of course if you beat this team in the playoffs there will be a new post stating how unfair and random the playoffs are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daves is offline   Reply With Quote