Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-24-2019, 08:37 AM   #61
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Orcin, do you have a F2P team? I may have missed the name in the long discussion history.
No, I only have one team so far.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:03 AM   #62
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
Yeah, but the way this works is that you have to tell us which pitcher so we can be envious.
Carlos Carrasco.

Also pulled a rookie Frank Robinson, not good enough for my 'regular' team, but hopefully can use it once tournaments/collections begin.

sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:28 AM   #63
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
A top30 team with the usual Legend hitters and Young/Maddux/Hoyt/Schilling/Marquard.
Strangely, 8 playoff trips but no championships. He must have had a lot of bad luck or just recently picked up all the legends.

It probably requires similar top pitching and great defense to grab wins at your home ballpark.
I was in a league with this team a couple of weeks ago, and he had all of the same pitchers then. He uses a max-offense ballpark, but that pitching is so good that his team ERA of 2.42 still leads the league. I think this ($2000 pitching staff and jacked-up ballpark) is the super-team strategy for best overall win pct. but it apparently does not translate to winning in the playoffs.

He lost a game late last night but the win streak made it to 41 straight. That's the longest streak that I have seen in Perfect leagues in 19 or 20.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:30 AM   #64
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moalkha View Post
Great Lake (68-38) was a bit average to start the season, but put together a 21-4 record in July to open a nice 7 games gap in the division and a good hold on the 2nd best record in the conference. We have the above mentioned Pineville Phantoms (94-12) in the conference, therefore the eventual road to the WS has to come by a huge upset.
I will be rooting for you!
Old 05-24-2019, 10:40 AM   #65
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharknut View Post
Carlos Carrasco.

Also pulled a rookie Frank Robinson, not good enough for my 'regular' team, but hopefully can use it once tournaments/collections begin.
I sold Carrasco this week for 7,777 PP. He is one of those diamond pitchers that just keep getting blown up. Same with Gerrit Cole... in 19 and 20.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:55 AM   #66
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Quote:
I sold Carrasco this week for 7,777 PP. He is one of those diamond pitchers that just keep getting blown up. Same with Gerrit Cole... in 19 and 20.
I can say Carrasco has been pretty effective for me out of the pen in long relief.

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 11:03 AM   #67
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I am going to see how he does IRL for a few weeks. His K numbers are great, just need to get that ERA down a run a game, too many HR's.

ETA: first start 7IP 2ER.

Last edited by sharknut; 05-24-2019 at 11:12 AM.
sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 11:43 AM   #68
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
No, I only have one team so far.
I keep hoping you will join Our League.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 12:00 PM   #69
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I will be rooting for you!

You have to face a formidable team yourself, good luck.

moalkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 12:02 PM   #70
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
I keep hoping you will join Our League.

Agree with the comment....would be nice to see you there as well.

If you hurry, we will both get out of entry league by next week.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 02:50 PM   #71
Goliathus
Major Leagues

If you all want to be in OL by next week, get into the entry pool right now. The other managers need time to friend you two so you two get pulled into the OL league.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 06:18 PM   #72
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

...and again it's all gone. The useless Raccoons are 4-11 in August, seven of the losses by a single run, and have turned a 2 1/2 game lead in a 6 1/2 game deficit. No matter which guys I add, they always stink.

(sigh)

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 03:12 AM   #73
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs (65-68) have picked a troubling time to turn cold as they lost the last 5 sims of the evening. With the team continuing to be almost glued to .500, another team made a move and knocked the Frogs out of the 2nd wild card lead. The Stellenbosch Maties are 22-9 since August 1st while the Frogs are 14-17 over that same time period. Meaning, the Frogs will now have to chip away at a 4 game deficit in order to make the playoffs in P411. All 3 divisions (Marshall Cardinals, Winterfell Direwolves, and Evergreen Forest Raccoons) were decided long ago; the Cleveland Crushers have a 16-game lead on the top wild card spot.

Unrelated...has anyone ever tried a 1-man starting rotation? The idea I had would be to keep pulling a guy off the reserve roster and plugging him in as the only starter. The upside is you'd free up a few more roster spots for platoons/bullpen. The downside is you'd probably need to have 14 really good starters to even consider this otherwise you are using your best starters about 1/3 as often. This is probably a terrible idea for those with huge multi-thousand PP investments in the top 5 pitchers in the game, but might make more sense for teams with an array of ho hum gold/diamond starters where there's not much separation. EDIT: Now that I think about it more, the need to swap in a new starter for every simulation would basically make this totally impractical--you'd need to be able to script a days' worth of roster moves somehow.

Anyhow, I am thinking of ways to get creative with my pitching next season because they are suffering at Perfect level.

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 05-25-2019 at 03:26 AM.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 03:57 AM   #74
Goliathus
Major Leagues

It's still partly doable though. You can run the kind of rotation when you are on the PC, and then just switch back to a typical 5 man when you are off.
Old 05-25-2019, 04:09 AM   #75
joehart
All Star Starter

You see some crazy rotations in the Perfect league playoffs like 3 starters with no stamina or pitch count set to 1 pitch (and 6+ long relievers to face the opposite of your batters).
I have not seen a 1-2 man rotation but I guess it may be feasible if you have all starters in the bullpen and little to no platoon rotations for your batters.
I have only seen these rare rotations with high end starters in the bullpen. So not really something that helps the regular roster.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 04:13 AM   #76
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Any reason to not use Opener/Follower for those kind of setup? "Manipulated" Starter into Bullpen is easier to do?
Old 05-25-2019, 04:19 AM   #77
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliathus View Post
Any reason to not use Opener/Follower for those kind of setup? "Manipulated" Starter into Bullpen is easier to do?
The problem with opener/follower is the "base lineup on probable follower" check box. If your opponent's strategy is set up like this, then your follower plays right into the other team's strategy.

The workaround that I (and others) have seen is to put one handedness of pitcher in as the starter and give them a minimal pitch count. Then load up the bullpen with opposite handed long relievers. By doing it this way, your opponent would have to copy/paste their lineups around in order to counter and get the platoon advantage on the follower.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 09:42 AM   #78
old timer
Hall Of Famer

The Raccoons continue to cruise along at a .722 clip (+338 RDiff, 2nd best). We've done well against the top teams so far, winning 3 of 4 from a team who's pitching staff is Young, Maddux, Martinez, Schilling and Brown (all 100's). We're leading the Cleveland Crushers (15 perfects, 13 of them historicals) by 11 games. Oddly, the team has had 3 irons on their team all season, but they've hardly been used at all so they're just taking up space.

This month we'll have a 4 game series against Winterfell which should be interesting. They have the best record in the league (we're #2) so it will be interesting to see how we fare against them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
The Frogs (65-68) have picked a troubling time to turn cold as they lost the last 5 sims of the evening. With the team continuing to be almost glued to .500, another team made a move and knocked the Frogs out of the 2nd wild card lead. The Stellenbosch Maties are 22-9 since August 1st while the Frogs are 14-17 over that same time period. Meaning, the Frogs will now have to chip away at a 4 game deficit in order to make the playoffs in P411. All 3 divisions (Marshall Cardinals, Winterfell Direwolves, and Evergreen Forest Raccoons) were decided long ago; the Cleveland Crushers have a 16-game lead on the top wild card spot.
Speaking of tough matchups... The Fighting Frogs proved to be quite the challenge for the Raccoons. The Fighting Frogs won 3 of the 7 we played, but lost 2 of them by only 1 run. So far, they're the only team outside our division to beat us 3 times.

I think you have a pretty good team. Maybe you've just had some bad luck lately? I'm not sure if I want to root for your guys though since they gave us such a hard time.

Last edited by old timer; 05-25-2019 at 10:03 AM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 10:15 AM   #79
old timer
Hall Of Famer

I only had 1 team in PT19 and I'm finding it really hard to pay attention to a 2nd team in PT20. I keep forgetting that I even have this 2nd team.

My neglected ftp team, the Mammoth Mudhens made it to the bronze playoffs last year without me. This year, they're leading the division (in bronze) with a .586 record. They've now accumulated 21k PP and so soon, I'll be able to have some fun on the AH upgrading multiple positions. I don't want to do any upgrades until I have enough PP to have lots of choices so I'll probably wait a little longer - maybe next season, I don't know.
Old 05-25-2019, 10:57 AM   #80
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
I only had 1 team in PT19 and I'm finding it really hard to pay attention to a 2nd team in PT20. I keep forgetting that I even have this 2nd team.

My neglected ftp team, the Mammoth Mudhens made it to the bronze playoffs last year without me. This year, they're leading the division (in bronze) with a .586 record. They've now accumulated 21k PP and so soon, I'll be able to have some fun on the AH upgrading multiple positions. I don't want to do any upgrades until I have enough PP to have lots of choices so I'll probably wait a little longer - maybe next season, I don't know.

My goal on PT 2.0 was just one team since I have limited computer time and any money I spend just be one team instead of 2 or 3. But I played with park factors for righties and lefties. Now I have 3 teams in 2.0 and 3 in 1.0. . I just can’t handle this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daves is offline   Reply With Quote