Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 05:31 PM   #21
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

When in lower leagues with whales, we are told to trust the promotion/relegation process, even as our weak teams surrender untold amounts of points to those powerhouse teams.

Why should we not trust the promotion/relegation process in higher level leagues?

If the mechanic is broken, then we need to admit it is broken on each and every level of play, not just at Perfect.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Old 05-06-2019, 05:39 PM   #22
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Is there a "whale" report command? because there is a "tanking" there...

I have a funny feeling one is on the wrong side of the law.

Old 05-06-2019, 05:48 PM   #23
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
until anything is actually enforced, they seem more like guidelines

I agree with dkgo. Also, I call BS on having every card in PT. I'm pretty sure that's statistically impossible regardless of how much money you dropped on the game. You might have 80% or some such number, but you don't have them all. Hell, the Devs themselves don't have them all.
Old 05-06-2019, 05:52 PM   #24
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3NEIZE View Post
Is there a "whale" report command? because there is a "tanking" there...

I have a funny feeling one is on the wrong side of the law.
The devs have stated that there are legal ways to increase your chances of losing games, such as playing cards out of position to train them up. Theme teams also are legal, at least in a general sense, even though some themes have rather low ceilings.

The only reason why tanking is even an issue is because it gives the opponents of those teams too many points. Losing is not against the rules in and of itself - it just simply triggers the relegation mechanic. It only becomes a problem when it intentionally gives unfair point advantages to the competition.

Yet a team completely dominating the opposition also earns an obscene amount of points. Not only does this point influx skew long term competitive balance, it also incentivizes tanking.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team

Last edited by Dogberry99; 05-06-2019 at 05:54 PM.
Old 05-06-2019, 05:59 PM   #25
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
until anything is actually enforced, they seem more like guidelines
The developers have repeatedly said that they do not publicize their enforcement actions. I assume that they are being enforced. They do nothing until someone is reported. After the report, they investigate including asking the accused to explain their actions. Then they make a decision and move on. At no time do they stop to ask the forum what to do, nor do they tell the forum what they did.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:00 PM   #26
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
The devs have stated that there are legal ways to increase your chances of losing games, such as playing cards out of position to train them up. Theme teams also are legal, at least in a general sense, even though some themes have rather low ceilings.

The only reason why tanking is even an issue is because it gives the opponents of those teams too many points. Losing is not against the rules in and of itself - it just simply triggers the relegation mechanic. It only becomes a problem when it intentionally gives unfair point advantages to the competition.

Yet a team completely dominating the opposition also earns an obscene amount of points. Not only does this point influx skew long term competitive balance, it also incentivizes tanking.
I agree with you.... the game isn't perfect and it shows on these things.

Maybe having specific tier leagues for specific cards an option, it would require opening up multiple teams within a same account.

Old 05-06-2019, 06:10 PM   #27
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

There's nothing they can do about tanking. People paid for the game and they can't prevent people putting a bunch of irons on the roster because they are part of the game. They're allowed to be used in Diamond/Perfect/wherever and hey, if you wanna play a team of irons in perfect ... that's your choice. I don't like it, some of you don't like it but as of right now it's a perfectly legal way to play the game.

The devs are the ones to find solutions for this.

F2P Team
Old 05-06-2019, 06:15 PM   #28
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdox View Post
Of my 3 teams that were all at or near Perfect, I chose the team with the most Iron heroes I already had and used that account to buy up (almost) the rest... Once I have them all, I will launch my Iron Theme Team.

Seemed the logical thing to do and as such I see no other way to switch paths than to simply change your team and go with it. It's not like you can wait for your high 90's and 100's card teams to all of a sudden suck so bad they get relegated down to where other people feel comfortable for you to make the switch.

It has to happen sometime...
Did you log into the wrong user when this was posted? It sounds like you're talking like HiDesertAce (explaining your teams and the Iron heroes concept), but posting under Webdox?
Old 05-06-2019, 06:35 PM   #29
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Pion> View Post
Did you log into the wrong user when this was posted? It sounds like you're talking like HiDesertAce (explaining your teams and the Iron heroes concept), but posting under Webdox?
I am not sure how you could come to that conclusion after reading my comments. I have been in similar situations and have dropped a lot of money on this game and never felt repentant switching to my theme teams. I was trying to explain to the person reporting that not every "tank" is created equal and why not everyone who is playing a theme team is doing so so they can tank down to the bottom level and then switch back to your A team and collect PP...

Last edited by webdox; 05-06-2019 at 06:37 PM.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:36 PM   #30
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
These two users are the same person?
Old 05-06-2019, 06:40 PM   #31
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

I'm sure the Devs could solve you boys 'dilemma' ffs

Last edited by webdox; 05-06-2019 at 06:41 PM.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:41 PM   #32
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdox View Post
I'm sure the Devs could solve you boys 'dilema' ffs
So that's a denial or a deflection?
Old 05-06-2019, 06:44 PM   #33
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

That's a PLONK.

GFS
Old 05-06-2019, 06:52 PM   #34
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

I've said it earlier, and every day that goes by I support it more...

"Tanking" is (should be seen as) when a team "deactivates" high rated players to hide them or moves them to his Reserve list to lessen his teams chances to compete.

"Rebuilding" is (should be seen as) when a team "sells" his high rated players to provide the funds to take the team in another direction. In addition, "rebuilding" should ALWAYS be a valid option at any level.

It should be (and is) that simple.

Old 05-06-2019, 06:54 PM   #35
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
I agree with dkgo. Also, I call BS on having every card in PT. I'm pretty sure that's statistically impossible regardless of how much money you dropped on the game. You might have 80% or some such number, but you don't have them all. Hell, the Devs themselves don't have them all.

current status

i have ALL the cards below diamond with the exception of new negro league players and anything that was released today. And Craig Lefferts which is the rarest unsung and he is never really been. And Ivan Rodriguez 88 because i am waiting for price to go down.

i only go thru the AH about once a day because it is all red below 90 for me.
Attached Images

Old 05-06-2019, 06:56 PM   #36
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBaker View Post
I've said it earlier, and every day that goes by I support it more...

"Tanking" is (should be seen as) when a team "deactivates" high rated players to hide them or moves them to his Reserve list to lessen his teams chances to compete.

"Rebuilding" is (should be seen as) when a team "sells" his high rated players to provide the funds to take the team in another direction. In addition, "rebuilding" should ALWAYS be a valid option at any level.

It should be (and is) that simple.
So then you're declaring what he did is tanking since he has nearly every player (or is it a different team that has nearly every player)?
Old 05-06-2019, 07:02 PM   #37
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

Quote:

we are definitely different users and we are both interested in the unsung heroes at the iron level. so that is our only connection as we have corresponded in the past about them but i don't think webdox knew this when he posted in this thread.

i am following the guidelines set up by the devs. they have clearly stated that you can run a theme team. My theme is unsung irons.

so sorry if you don't like it X2NIEZE. please add either of my other accounts at perfect level as your friend:

HiDesertAce

Vinnipeg

That way I can play with one of my "whale" teams.

Old 05-06-2019, 07:11 PM   #38
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDesertAce View Post
we are definitely different users and we are both interested in the unsung heroes at the iron level. so that is our only connection as we have corresponded in the past about them but i don't think webdox knew this when he posted in this thread.

i am following the guidelines set up by the devs. they have clearly stated that you can run a theme team. My theme is unsung irons.

so sorry if you don't like it X2NIEZE. please add either of my other accounts at perfect level as your friend:

HiDesertAce

Vinnipeg

That way I can play with one of my "whale" teams.
To be very clear, I don’t like it if it’s done to purposely tank... I understand the logic of wanting to actually play an Iron only team, it’s just hard to understand why anyone would care so much about this and yet destroy those cards stats by playing them on a no win situation in a Diamond league ... the logic to me is flawed but I don’t see another way without some game changes

Old 05-06-2019, 07:14 PM   #39
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

I wish I had the amount of players HiDesertAce has. As I have stated several times here, I have OCD and reflexively sell off any card that doesn't sparkle UP until a few weeks ago when I started buying up the (left overs from the HDA collection it seems) heroes of both kinds from 69 down. I am only holding onto them now because maybe missions will come along soon. I was going to shoot to collect all the Heroes from 70 up but I don't think I have the time, energy, or pockets...
Old 05-06-2019, 07:14 PM   #40
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDesertAce View Post
current status

i have ALL the cards below diamond with the exception of new negro league players and anything that was released today. And Craig Lefferts which is the rarest unsung and he is never really been. And Ivan Rodriguez 88 because i am waiting for price to go down.

i only go thru the AH about once a day because it is all red below 90 for me.

Excellent collection! My point still stands. You have less than 80% of the cards. That's not even close to ALL considering the remaining 20% you need are all super-rare. In case you're wondering, I did the math and you have 79.51% of the available cards. That's quite impressive.
Closed Thread