Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-05-2019, 12:20 PM   #161
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Yeah there are many ways to rank teams if you want to. No need to get fancier than win % though, especially now that only 4 teams per league are promoted someone could win 130+ games every regular season then tank the playoffs and never have to move up. At least with 6 the highest win % always moved up.

Ideally I would move up all 8 playoff teams and eliminate the bottom half of each level Thanos style if the promotion/relegation system is something we are stuck with. More movement ensures teams end up where they need to be faster

Last edited by dkgo; 05-05-2019 at 12:21 PM.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 03:51 PM   #162
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Interesting Day...

After considerable thought, I decided to wait one more season before making any brash changes to the team. NOT that I didn't make a few changes, nor because I rethought my position on rebuilding a team, but I came to the conclusion that my 65-97, 48 GB season just "might" have been worse than the team could actually do. So I decided to give them another chance before I decide to change directions.

I did make the following changes;

Sold SP Max Scherzer (100) for 20,700 pps (1.6 WAR)
Sold SP Aaron Nola (86) for 2,475 pps
Sold 3B Anthony Rendon (100) for 21,150 pps (0.0 WAR) I also have Bryant and Arenado @ 3B/DH
Sold LF Joey Gallo (89) for 2,340 pps

Purchased SP MacKenzie Gore (96) for 13,000 pps
Purchased CL Felipe Vasquez (94) for 5,000 pps
Purchased LF Rocky Colavito (90) for 6,200 pps

All said and done, 24,200 PPs in the bank (compared to less than 500 when I started the day).

I looked at a couple other players; Lindor(100) to replace Baez(97), and Harper (100) to replace Judge(98), but the extra 20,000 PPs to do either didn't make sense - it wasn't going to be enough to make a difference unless the whole team performed better (which is yet to be seen).

If the team does exceptionally well this coming week, I'll reconsider where to go with it, but if it proves what I suspect - that it would take a major monetary investment to actually close that 48 game gap - then I'll look to make significant changes next weekend.

Last edited by HRBaker; 05-05-2019 at 07:22 PM.
HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 03:14 PM   #163
El Jeffe
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Last season (my first in Perfect League) I went 82-80. It was clear I was not going to get relegated any time soon, and equally clear I'd never compete. At the end of the season I had a good base of Diamond and Golds, Perfect Mantle, Perfect Hornsby and Perfect Josh Gibson.

I didn't do the major rebuild that was debated here, but I did sell Josh Gibson. With the PP, I bought a 97 Diamond Roy Campanella to replace Josh and spent the rest on packs. I pulled Perfect Kofax, Perfect DiMaggio,Cool Papa Bell, Willie Wills, deGrom, Scherzer, Vlad Jr, Harper, Macchado, lots more Diamonds and tons of junk.

My team started slow this season as I was gradually opening the packs mentioned above, I had a losing record every month until going 20-8 in August and September and taking first in my division at 85-77.

Clearly selling a card or two hoping to pull cards to fill out your team is a risk and could result in degrading your team, but is also a legitimate way to possibly improve.
El Jeffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 11:52 PM   #164
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
As has been alluded to, I think higher PP rewards for higher tiers may solve a lot of the problems (and maybe create some new ones).
More points for each round you win, division win, wild card.
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 11:54 PM   #165
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancariaz View Post
You know what would be great? A separate league tree for f2p players. This game is p2w and even p2w more than any other game I've ever played. Would be nice if all the f2p guys could play against each other without the big spenders. I mean we're all paying for the base game after all, so it's not like we're really f2p and they're not making any money with us.
YES YES YES - my first suggestion when i first started!!!!
Old 05-13-2019, 12:02 AM   #166
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead1964 View Post
Totally agree. My three teams are all in Silver Leagues, and I'm just trying to win and get promoted. I'm slowly acquiring a few diamonds and definitely use them, but if I had a better performing high gold on reserve I'd definitely swap out the diamond for it. And I'm definitely seeing a lot of very good teams who are relying on many silver and bronze players at this level. So it's hard to look at a reserve roster and judge if someone is deliberately sandbagging. Even if they have a bad record, maybe they are trying to build a high defense, extreme groundball team or whatever with a variety of players. How can you judge?
Hey that me....i got way turned off with high spenders so i decided my enjoyment will be to try in win with scrubs...
let me build up a 60 bud harrlesson.........let me enjoy runnniny don mossi a 70 as my closer and see him somehow rack up 40 saves
Old 05-13-2019, 09:52 AM   #167
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

One way to play PT if you don't want (or have) to spend significant money is what I've decided to do for next year...

1) Give yourself a monthly budget max to add to your achievement points for either the Auction House of to open packs. I've chosen $10 a month. That will give me about 20,000 pts per month to spend and limit my annual investment to $120.

2) If you want to make it even harder, limit your player database in some way with a theme. Maybe players only between 1950 and 2000, or team themed players. Just make sure the player database isn't too small.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 10:48 AM   #168
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I've given myself limits with my packs-only team. Not only am I building the team by only opening packs, I have a set schedule for how I get packs:
  • 2 on Wednesday (mid-season callups)
  • 5 on Sunday (new players arriving in the offseason).
  • 2 Challenge packs per week
  • and lastly I have a "duplicates" rule - every time I sell 6 bronze or better duplicates I allow myself to purchase a pack

As a result I don't care (much) how many PP I earn per week, I just spend on the schedule above. The first few weeks were tough but it's started getting more and more fun. And I never have to decide "am I going to spend money (PP) on a pack?"

Last edited by Charlatan; 05-13-2019 at 10:49 AM.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote