Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-13-2019, 10:01 PM   #81
W0rmzbr0
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
Walter "deGrom" Johnson is now 16-7 with a 1.72 ERA while the offense continues to suck the cover off the baseballs for my Raccoons team that languishes eight games under .500 … Juan Soto drove in 26 for them to become Batter of the Month, so I must assume the rest of them didn't manage much more than eight or nine RBI between them in August...

Yeah, too afraid to actually count…

Little hope for Chattanooga. They are just two games away from a safe spot, but they just keep on losing… no chance to get enough PP for another pack. You know, unless one of those weird-ass games falls from the sky, which goes 19 innings and one of your guys goes 5-for-6 with 8 RBI … in a loss.

Well, Gold level is obviously too tough on a free/packs-only team with only modest luck of the draw.
I identify with that last line strongly. The Pack Rats are a game above relegation currently. Have not gotten much luck this week with my packs. Hoping they get sent down so the points flow a little more freely.
W0rmzbr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 11:11 PM   #82
Warhawk
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
A week and a half before the all star break, the Las Vegas Golden Lions were 38-49. 12 games ago we were 65-70, around 7 games back in the wild card with less than a 5% chance of making the playoffs. We are now 75-72, 1 1/2 games out of the second wild card spot (currently held by a team we just took 3 of 4 from) with a 40% chance of making the playoffs. Hitting was poor all season but suddenly we've caught fire, Tatis in his last 7 games is hitting .480 with 3 HRs, 7 runs, and 8 RBIs; Rizzo in his last 8 is hitting .407 with 4 HRs, 7 runs, and 9 RBIs; Roy White in his last 11 is hitting .456 with 3 HRs, 11 runs, and 13 RBIs; Tony Perez is hitting .422 over his last 11.
We're now a half game up in the race for the second wild card in Bronze, after taking 2 of 3 from the team ahead of us on the road. We've got a 4 game series coming up against a team 3 games back of us, then a 3 game series against the worst team in the conference. Meanwhile, the team a half game back of us in the wild card has a 3 game series against the team 2 1/2 games back of us, followed by a 3 game series against a 118 win team. We've gone from a <5% chance to make the playoffs to a >80% chance in 3 weeks.

Anyway, the White Tigers wrapped up their division in Gold a while back, currently at 96-59. The Black Panthers are in a bit of a rut in Bronze, on a 6-10 run, but we've got a magic number of 1, sitting at 83-73 right now.
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 12:04 AM   #83
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs clinched their S290 division relatively easily after continuing to alternate .500 months with 22-win months. Finally got around to adding that Blake Treinen card for the bullpen. This was pretty much a win as I sold Edwin Diaz (got him in a pack) and bought Treinen with that same amount of PP. Diaz's movement rating is not gonna cut it any higher than silver or gold level.

If the current playoff picture holds, the Frogs' divisional round opponent will be the C.N. Owls, a defense-before-all-else type of team. This team's starting 9, you ask?

RF - J. Dyson (104)
2B - A. Simmons (116)
DH - W. McCovey (who cares)
1B - B. Belt (99)
3B - T. Tulowitzki (113)
LF - G. Vukovich (116)
CF - K. Kiermaier (102)
SS - M. Belanger (115)
C - M. LaValliere (115)

The bench has Mike Matheny, Eric Hosmer, Rick Burleson, and Harrison Bader on it. And, of course, the home ballpark factors are all minimized. I know it's eating at this guy he can't pluck one of the many strong middle infielders in PT and play him at 1B because those guys just aren't tall enough. lol. Brandon Belt is the weak link in this defense.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 12:10 AM   #84
Izz
Hall Of Famer

B'sin'Glou is in a dogfight with division rival Jacksonville for the 2nd wildcard slot. We're 85-72, Jacksonville is 85-73. The next closet team is 3 1/2 games back.

On a slightly weird note, no qualified hitters in our conference are hitting over .300.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 01:10 AM   #85
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
The Frogs clinched their S290 division relatively easily after continuing to alternate .500 months with 22-win months. Finally got around to adding that Blake Treinen card for the bullpen. This was pretty much a win as I sold Edwin Diaz (got him in a pack) and bought Treinen with that same amount of PP. Diaz's movement rating is not gonna cut it any higher than silver or gold level.

If the current playoff picture holds, the Frogs' divisional round opponent will be the C.N. Owls, a defense-before-all-else type of team. This team's starting 9, you ask?

RF - J. Dyson (104)
2B - A. Simmons (116)
DH - W. McCovey (who cares)
1B - B. Belt (99)
3B - T. Tulowitzki (113)
LF - G. Vukovich (116)
CF - K. Kiermaier (102)
SS - M. Belanger (115)
C - M. LaValliere (115)

The bench has Mike Matheny, Eric Hosmer, Rick Burleson, and Harrison Bader on it. And, of course, the home ballpark factors are all minimized. I know it's eating at this guy he can't pluck one of the many strong middle infielders in PT and play him at 1B because those guys just aren't tall enough. lol. Brandon Belt is the weak link in this defense.
Move tulo to 1b.
OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 02:10 AM   #86
Izz
Hall Of Famer

And we've made it! We also have a chance to qualify as the top wildcard if we win the last game of the season against the Rhode Island Rampage, who are the other wildcard qualifier.

We got a pack via Challenge Mode just before the last game and were able to add Joe Jimenez and Hardware Hero John Franco to our bullpen. They're both definite upgrades, Jimenez enough of an upgrade to move into closer.

We've scored more runs than last season and allowed less, which can only be a good thing, right?

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
Old 04-14-2019, 02:57 AM   #87
Warhawk
Major Leagues

Quote:
We're now a half game up in the race for the second wild card in Bronze, after taking 2 of 3 from the team ahead of us on the road. We've got a 4 game series coming up against a team 3 games back of us, then a 3 game series against the worst team in the conference. Meanwhile, the team a half game back of us in the wild card has a 3 game series against the team 2 1/2 games back of us, followed by a 3 game series against a 118 win team. We've gone from a <5% chance to make the playoffs to a >80% chance in 3 weeks.

Anyway, the White Tigers wrapped up their division in Gold a while back, currently at 96-59. The Black Panthers are in a bit of a rut in Bronze, on a 6-10 run, but we've got a magic number of 1, sitting at 83-73 right now.
And the Golden Lions are in as the second wild card, thanks to a 20-7 run to end the season.

Meanwhile the White Tigers finished at 100-62. Giancarlo Stanton has been terrible for us so I dropped him to the reserve roster, slid Trevor Story over to DH, moved Manny Machado back to SS and Justin Turner back to the starting lineup at third, and brought up Adalberto Mondesi for depth. TBH none of those guys are exactly lighting the world on fire either, of the four of them Turner has the best OPS+ at 100. Our offense has really been leaning on Daniel Murphy, Cody Bellinger, and Matt Carpenter this season. Pitching rotation for the playoffs will be deGrom/Syndergaard/Sale/Kluber in that order, using Strasburg in long relief. Also my setup man is now John Rocker of all people.

Last edited by Warhawk; 04-14-2019 at 02:59 AM.
Old 04-14-2019, 03:12 AM   #88
mrbucket
All Star Reserve

Well, it was an excellent regular season for the Aotearoa Angels. Finished up 101-61 with a 19 game lead in the division. Had some luck along the way to get above 100 though, we were 12-3 in extra-innings games and 24-15 in one-run games.

In our conference, Ty Cobb led the league in WAR for the second time in a row with 7.6 -- I doubt he wins the MVP this time round though considering Westheim's Walter Johnson managed to grab himself the pitching triple crown and 10.8 WAR (10.9 rWAR too).

That first playoff matchup looks tough though. My opponent went 109-53 and has 3 perfects, 19 diamonds, and 3 golds making up his roster. That compares to my 3 diamonds, 10 golds, 7 silvers, and 5 bronzes. We don't match up too well to them either, I've only won 1 out of the 6 matchups this season.
Old 04-14-2019, 03:35 AM   #89
mrbucket
All Star Reserve

Quote:
And the Golden Lions are in as the second wild card, thanks to a 20-7 run to end the season.

Meanwhile the White Tigers finished at 100-62. Giancarlo Stanton has been terrible for us so I dropped him to the reserve roster, slid Trevor Story over to DH, moved Manny Machado back to SS and Justin Turner back to the starting lineup at third, and brought up Adalberto Mondesi for depth. TBH none of those guys are exactly lighting the world on fire either, of the four of them Turner has the best OPS+ at 100. Our offense has really been leaning on Daniel Murphy, Cody Bellinger, and Matt Carpenter this season. Pitching rotation for the playoffs will be deGrom/Syndergaard/Sale/Kluber in that order, using Strasburg in long relief. Also my setup man is now John Rocker of all people.

I've kept Stanton in my roster but I've dropped him off the lineup against righties. He hit an 103 OPS+ and according to his splits was good against lefties but dreadful against right handed pitchers with a slashline of .211/.277/.390. So I've dropped one of my starting pitchers and bought in someone else to platoon at DH. I might drop him altogether next season when I go back to a 5-man rotation. He hasn't played in RL so I assume his ratings won't change.
Old 04-14-2019, 04:11 AM   #90
Warhawk
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbucket View Post
I've kept Stanton in my roster but I've dropped him off the lineup against righties. He hit an 103 OPS+ and according to his splits was good against lefties but dreadful against right handed pitchers with a slashline of .211/.277/.390. So I've dropped one of my starting pitchers and bought in someone else to platoon at DH. I might drop him altogether next season when I go back to a 5-man rotation. He hasn't played in RL so I assume his ratings won't change.
Basically the same for me but worse across the board, against righties he was .194/.253/.322. Story has the same problem but at least he's a little better against righties. Actually what I think I might do is drop Story too, bring up Acuna as an outfield backup, and use Joc Pederson against righties (.248/.401/.450) and Josh Bell against lefties (.325/.392/.552).

Gonna have to reevaluate next season. Aside from the aforementioned I have Charlie Blackmon, Khris Davis, Shohei Ohtani, and a future legend Kyle Tucker on my reserve roster. Between them and my current starting outfielders of Bellinger/Conforto/Eaton I kind of have a logjam in the outfield, plus the quandry of whether I start Machado over Turner or Story in the infield.
Old 04-14-2019, 05:26 AM   #91
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

It didn't even take a .500 record for promotion ... and still six games away
Attached Images
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 05:56 AM   #92
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Just pulled my best card so far in PT20
Attached Images
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 06:41 AM   #93
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
Just pulled my best card so far in PT20

Very nice! Even though I'm jealous, I still like seeing great pulls like this.

Seeing cards like this makes a part of me want to open packs, but I just can't get myself to spend money (or earned PP for that matter) on something that's such a big gamble (not much of a risk taker) so I just stick to the AH. Of course, this also means that my best cards will never rival this one (even though I'm spending money on this team which I didn't do in PT19 until late).

Last edited by old timer; 04-14-2019 at 06:48 AM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:08 AM   #94
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

'Nooga ended up bottoms in their league and will be relegated to Silver (unless other teams are purged for meddling, which I doubt). It was close, 63-99 when 65-97 would have guaranteed remaining in Gold.

Sigh.

But as mrbucket said earlier, Big Walter pulled through and won the triple crown! It was not all that close in the end; all the other pitchers vying for wins stopped winning altogether and he won the ERA crown by more than a full run.

Funnily enough, this helped the Critters *nothing* as they lumbered towards a 79-83 finish that, if I am not mistaken, is still enough for promotion to Diamond, which can't be good for that offense. … however, with the Johnson heroics I have almost 8k PP that a wise GM would invest into stingy improvements!

(finger hovers over the "buy max packs" button)

(finger vibrates)

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 11:00 AM   #95
rar
Bat Boy

I noticed when I got up this morning alot of my teams did not save- there was no sim or anything
Then I noticed I have players i bought on my inactive- put them back where they belong. But the weidest thing- I know McCullers JR sold last night- which is how I bought anther LF. Yet he is still showing on my team.

Anybody else showing players that sold last night on their team?
rar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 02:35 PM   #96
Warhawk
Major Leagues

Golden Lions lost in the wild card game. White Tigers went down 2-0 to start their series, deGrom lasted 1 2/3 innings, Syndergaard didn't last much longer, now down 2-1.

On the other hand, the Las Vegas Black Panthers, who have 5 gold cards and the rest are a mix of silver and bronze, just swept a team with 20 more wins who have 1 perfect, 12 diamond, and 11 gold players on the active roster. We had gone 1-5 against them in the regular season and went into the playoffs 20th in the power rankings.

EDIT: White Tigers lose in 4 games. deGrom, Syndergaard, and Kluber gave up 16 runs (6, 5, and 5, respectively) in 9 2/3 innings (deGrom and Syndergaard will be easily in the top 5 in Cy Young voting and Kluber won 16 games, so this is a pretty epic choke job). Strasburg gave up 8 in 4 1/3 in relief. The only guys who pitched well in significant innings were Sale (7 innings, 5 hits, 1 unearned run) and Minter (4 innings in relief, 1 hit, no runs). Meanwhile, Manny Machado, Joc Pederson, and Michael Conforto went a combined 1/41 at the plate. Murphy, Grandal, and Carpenter played well but it wasn't enough.

Well, at least this means I can't lose the world series for the third straight season.

Last edited by Warhawk; 04-14-2019 at 03:17 PM.
Old 04-14-2019, 05:00 PM   #97
Izz
Hall Of Famer

B'sin'Glou were easily beaten in the wildcard game. Now to decide whether to upgrade pitching or offense before next season...

Old 04-14-2019, 05:32 PM   #98
Warhawk
Major Leagues

Welp, Black Panthers got swept in the conference championship series.

Still haven't had a team miss the playoffs, been to 3 finals, still zero championships to speak of.
Old 04-14-2019, 05:33 PM   #99
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Fighting Saints tied 1-1 in the ALCS in G324 against the Belfast Dodgers. They are a good team, should be a good fight.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 06:03 PM   #100
sethisthegoat
Minors (Double A)

Well, my 119-win Iron league team just got swept in the semi-finals. to a 93-win team that my team is objectively better than. Bah. And the final loss broke my Edwin Diaz's 39-save streak. On the plus side, that save streak put me over 5,000 PP, and I grabbed Steven Strasburg for my 5th SP. Now I have 5 SPs at 86+, with Bauer, Verlander and Strasburg as my diamonds.

Another really good team lost in the divisional round (to a pretty equally matched team) and my 3rd team's down 2-1 in the semifinals as well, to a team that it's supposedly pretty equal, too. Bah.

Cleveland Legends, F2P Cleveland-only dynasty

Ohio Silver Wolves, P2P

Last edited by sethisthegoat; 04-14-2019 at 06:27 PM.
sethisthegoat is offline   Reply With Quote