Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-11-2019, 09:50 AM   #41
ScudDawg
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico Guilbault View Post
I continue to be befuddled by the performance of my hitters in the bronze level. I have a lineup consisting of diamond and gold cards and rated highly for both power and contact (mostly). Yet, most of them are hanging out at the mendoza line. The home run numbers are fine, but I can't understand the lack of contact. Is the pitching at this level just a step above or is there something I'm doing wrong?
I am having the exact same problem. I reset all my player strategy settings and nothing matters. Lindor who is a 100 is hitting .210 with 9hr after 80+ games. I lost 10 games in a row at one point and not a single player on my roster is under an 85 in bronze. I am 1st in runs scored somehow, and 2nd in runs allowed and cannot win now. Basically the same roster in iron won 126 games.
ScudDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 01:08 PM   #42
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
A Walter Johnson card is a great weather vane to how the rest of the team is doing. Mine has a 1.24 ERA. And a 9-4 record…
We're in the same league this week, my Puppies are 18-19 in their last 37 after an unbelievable start. Hopefully this 95 Stan Musial card I just got will pick things up
UltimateAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 01:15 PM   #43
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateAverageGuy View Post
We're in the same league this week, my Puppies are 18-19 in their last 37 after an unbelievable start. Hopefully this 95 Stan Musial card I just got will pick things up
Hey, no fair upgrading!
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 01:48 PM   #44
Warhawk
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
My deGrom now has 6 quality starts in 8 outings and a record of 1-3. Now, my team is leading its division. We're not deGrom and a bunch of bums. But deGrom has the best FIP of my starters, best batting average against, best WHIP, second best ERA, given up 1 home run in nearly 50 innings, and yet he's still 1-3. Syndergaard is getting 4.4 runs of support on average. deGrom is getting 1.5.

He hasn't played enough to qualify for the leaderboards yet, but seriously, the guy has a 2.34 FIP. The best in our conference is a 3.04 Curt Schilling, and he's 6-0 on a team that's 10 games under .500.
Well, now he's on a roll, has won his last 3 starts. 5th in the conference in WAR despite being about 13 innings short of qualifying for the rate stat leaderboards (if he did qualify, he'd be 5th in ERA and leading FIP by a lot). Syndergaard is rolling too, he's 9-1, 5th best ERA in the conference, 2nd in FIP, 1st in WAR, 5th in Ks. Though we're 53-35 (and up by 10 1/2 in the division) there's a real chance that Syndergaard may be my only all star (in our first season we only had one all star and we took the championship series to game 7 that season). And he was only in 5th place among starters in the last voting update; other than him we just have 3 position players in third place at their positions (Grandal, Carpenter, Murphy). We're on a 15-3 run right now. Still haven't settled on a fifth starter, Severino and Strasburg are both 0-2 in 3 starts with ERAs over 6.

Black Panthers (F2P) are 48-41 in Bronze and leading their division, they're on a 12-3 run. Despite our success not a single one of our players was included in the last all star voting update.

Golden Lions (F2P) kinda stink, 39-49 in Bronze. Pitching isn't bad (actually the starters are very mediocre but the bullpen is excellent), but our all-gold infield of Rizzo, Tatis, Harvey Kuenn, and Tony Perez hasn't resulted in a lot of scoring unfortunately. Just one player showing up on the all star voting updates, Tatis.
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 01:56 PM   #45
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScudDawg View Post
I am having the exact same problem. I reset all my player strategy settings and nothing matters. Lindor who is a 100 is hitting .210 with 9hr after 80+ games. I lost 10 games in a row at one point and not a single player on my roster is under an 85 in bronze. I am 1st in runs scored somehow, and 2nd in runs allowed and cannot win now. Basically the same roster in iron won 126 games.
I just checked my ballpark and I guess I set it up poorly. I have homeruns above normal, but all other hits well below normal. I think that's my explanation. I will adjust next year and see what happens. Maybe something to check for you too.

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 02:36 PM   #46
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I just checked my ballpark and I guess I set it up poorly. I have homeruns above normal, but all other hits well below normal. I think that's my explanation. I will adjust next year and see what happens. Maybe something to check for you too.

if I'm not mistaken, in v20 the park factors were randomized, and everyone didn't start out with the cookie-cutter 1.000 factor across the board settings....

so if anyone hasn't looked, definitely check your ballpark settings and make sure they fit with the type of team you're assembling.
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 03:01 PM   #47
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Geez I wonder what my ballparks are like! Haven't gotten around to looking at them yet.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 03:17 PM   #48
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
if I'm not mistaken, in v20 the park factors were randomized, and everyone didn't start out with the cookie-cutter 1.000 factor across the board settings....

so if anyone hasn't looked, definitely check your ballpark settings and make sure they fit with the type of team you're assembling.
I believe you are mistaken. They were random for the beta then reset to 1.0 once the real entry league started.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 03:19 PM   #49
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
I believe you are mistaken. They were random for the beta then reset to 1.0 once the real entry league started.

could have sworn I had to adjust mine in the entry pool again when I started for real.... maybe i'm thinking of beta....

*shrugs*

check it anyway... can't hurt
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 04:00 PM   #50
sethisthegoat
Minors (Double A)

I set up all of my ballparks. You have the option to randomize them, but you can tailor them to your roster. So far all 3 of my teams have better records at home than away. Certainly there could be more factors, but it’s good to see that I have some home field advantage.

Cleveland Legends, F2P Cleveland-only dynasty

Ohio Silver Wolves, P2P
sethisthegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 06:13 PM   #51
Warhawk
Major Leagues

Quote:
Black Panthers (F2P) are 48-41 in Bronze and leading their division, they're on a 12-3 run. Despite our success not a single one of our players was included in the last all star voting update.
Hey, they didn't get shut out of the all star game. We got one player going. It's David Freese, the lowest overall rated player on our team.

And the run we're on is now 19-5, leading the division by 6 1/2.

Golden Lions got 2 and White Tigers got 3. Oh, and deGrom had another no decision after giving up 0 runs (we won 1-0 late).
Old 04-11-2019, 06:35 PM   #52
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hey, they didn't get shut out of the all star game. We got one player going. It's David Freese, the lowest overall rated player on our team.

And the run we're on is now 19-5, leading the division by 6 1/2.

Golden Lions got 2 and White Tigers got 3. Oh, and deGrom had another no decision after giving up 0 runs (we won 1-0 late).

Do you know or does anyone else know if in PT every team always has to have an all-star? A couple of times I've had only 1 all-star even though I didn't see them in the all-star voting and I didn't think they had done well enough.
Old 04-11-2019, 06:37 PM   #53
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Fighting Saints rocking some all stars in G324
Attached Images
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:25 PM   #54
ScudDawg
Minors (Single A)

Quote:

I have everything in my park on default.
Old 04-11-2019, 07:31 PM   #55
ScudDawg
Minors (Single A)

Bunch of underachievers I guess...
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 04-11-2019, 07:36 PM   #56
ScudDawg
Minors (Single A)

here is previous season with almost same lineup, I also found out there is a 7,000 pp achievement when a pitcher wins 20 straight decisions, cannot find photo, but it was with Vida Blue for me.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 04-11-2019, 08:04 PM   #57
sethisthegoat
Minors (Double A)

My 3 teams are each 1st place in their division at the All Star break. My Cleveland franchise is the closest, with just a 3 game lead, while the other 2 are 12 and 17 games up. Realize it's just Iron League...but still feels pretty good to have 3 different teams, with different methods of building, doing so well.

Cleveland Legends, F2P Cleveland-only dynasty

Ohio Silver Wolves, P2P
sethisthegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 08:53 PM   #58
Warhawk
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Do you know or does anyone else know if in PT every team always has to have an all-star? A couple of times I've had only 1 all-star even though I didn't see them in the all-star voting and I didn't think they had done well enough.

It's possible, not sure. Hard to say if Freese got in on his own. On one hand his team-leading OPS of .781 is good for 16th in the league among third basemen. On the other hand his 80 RBIs is second in the league overall (and best in the conference by rather a lot). He also won batter of the month in April and player of the week a week before the all star game when he had 15 RBIs in 3 games. He still wasn't in the top 3 in the final votes, but there were 5 third basemen on the team.

Last edited by Warhawk; 04-11-2019 at 08:54 PM.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:03 PM   #59
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScudDawg View Post
Bunch of underachievers I guess...
So you're annoyed because you're only winning at 60% instead of 78%?

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 10:50 PM   #60
old timer
Hall Of Famer

The Raccoons have cooled off, but we're still not too far out yet. Our division is pretty tough, but only one team is stacked (the Whalers).

We just played a team with a pitcher who was 1-13 7.52 ERA and ratings of 51,31,47. I was imagining all the PP we'd get from facing a guy like this with our top rated offense, but naturally, he decided to pitch a good game!
Attached Images