Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 04-19-2019, 02:35 PM   #161
Brian James
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian James View Post
It seems to me that Paul DeJong, Fernando Tatis, Eric Hosmer, and Amed Rosario could all have their fielding ratings adjusted a bit, up for DeJong and Tatis and down for Hosmer and Rosario.

I know Hosmer's won a bunch of Gold Gloves, but that's just evidence that managers shouldn't get to vote for awards. He's good at digging out low throws, and that's the easiest thing for managers to notice, but he's been negative in DRS and UZR for both his career and for his combined last three seasons.

Rosario is currently rated as an elite shortstop, but he's been quite poor there the whole time he's been in the majors.

DeJong has been a pretty solid fielder as a major league shortstop.

The game has Tatis as a pretty meh fielder at short. Every prospect list I've seen considers him at least somewhat above-average.
Am I wrong? Hosmer especially... the last time he posted a positive UZR was 2015, and he's only done it twice ever...
Brian James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 09:18 PM   #162
TheDuder
Bat Boy

Why is Buxton's speed a 69, this is a absolute joke, its past april fools day. literally the fastest player on all accounts, and yet a 69, Mondessi has almost double his speed.
fastest player in sprint speed, fastest last 5 years running.

TheDuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 09:38 PM   #163
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuder View Post
Why is Buxton's speed a 69, this is a absolute joke, its past april fools day. literally the fastest player on all accounts, and yet a 69, Mondessi has almost double his speed.
fastest player in sprint speed, fastest last 5 years running.

Where are you seeing his speed at '69'? I am looking in the game right now from a game set up using the quickstart and his speed is 176, his stealing ability is 172.
Attached Images
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 03:01 AM   #164
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiodevil View Post
Where are you seeing his speed at '69'? I am looking in the game right now from a game set up using the quickstart and his speed is 176, his stealing ability is 172.
That's 176 on the 250 scale. The other guy was likely looking at the 100 scale (as 176/250 is around 70).
FancySkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 08:44 AM   #165
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancySkunk View Post
That's 176 on the 250 scale. The other guy was likely looking at the 100 scale (as 176/250 is around 70).
That is what I figured, wanted to make sure
Old 04-21-2019, 08:51 AM   #166
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

And please remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Hey guys,

Please do not post issues with players being on wrong roster / lineup / pitching staff spots, the AI sets these up and there is nothing we can do to force player X to be used in a certain predefined way.

Also, do not post stuff like "Trout just hit .260 in my sim, this cannot be right." or "Why has X better ratings than Y?". Posts like these will be ignored! Major league player ratings are based on ZiPS projections, not opinion.

Please, please before you make any comments in this thread that touch on ratings or rankings, turn off scouting. If you're commenting when you still have scouting on, it's inaccurate, confusing and a waste of both our time and your own.

Please post here:
- Errors in contracts
- Issues with players being in the wrong organization
- Vastly wrong player ratings (disable scouting first so you see the real ratings), for example a Double-A scrub having allstar-calibre ratings

Thanks for helping!
Markus
Old 04-21-2019, 05:40 PM   #167
TheDuder
Bat Boy

Quote:
And please remember
It's not an opinion that Buxton is the fastest in the league, it's a fact, literally provided factual evidence to it too, maybe you're mad I'm calling you out on this bogus rating, heard the devs are red Sox fans,.might be why also. Buxton is literally the fastest man in the MLB and the rating is at a 69, that's a joke. Only been throwing out once in his last 31 steal attempts and was because he over slid the bag. Also a fact, he has 91% steal rate, best in the mlb EVER THATS NOT OPINION THATS A FACT. So no its not an opinion piece, literally factual evidence thrown in your face.
Old 04-21-2019, 10:52 PM   #168
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
It's not an opinion that Buxton is the fastest in the league, it's a fact, literally provided factual evidence to it too, maybe you're mad I'm calling you out on this bogus rating, heard the devs are red Sox fans,.might be why also. Buxton is literally the fastest man in the MLB and the rating is at a 69, that's a joke. Only been throwing out once in his last 31 steal attempts and was because he over slid the bag. Also a fact, he has 91% steal rate, best in the mlb EVER THATS NOT OPINION THATS A FACT. So no its not an opinion piece, literally factual evidence thrown in your face.
First off, there is no need to get that way, let alone angry. No need to get defensive. Second, you were shown evidence that he's not a 69. On a 20/80 scale, Buxton is 75 speed, 70 stealing, 70 base running. How could you POSSIBLY be angry at that?

Second, as its said at the top of the thread, and previous comment before yours... TURN SCOUTING OFF.

Oh and FWIW, I'm a Reds fan.

Last edited by nutt; 04-21-2019 at 10:53 PM.
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 11:49 PM   #169
TheDuder
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutt View Post
First off, there is no need to get that way, let alone angry. No need to get defensive. Second, you were shown evidence that he's not a 69. On a 20/80 scale, Buxton is 75 speed, 70 stealing, 70 base running. How could you POSSIBLY be angry at that?

Second, as its said at the top of the thread, and previous comment before yours... TURN SCOUTING OFF.

Oh and FWIW, I'm a Reds fan.
It's on the online game mode, not team single player, the literal card is 69 for the online mode
Old 04-22-2019, 12:06 AM   #170
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
It's on the online game mode, not team single player, the literal card is 69 for the online mode
So this is Perfect Team Mode? I would address the issue here....

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...lay.php?f=3959

That is the PT Bug Reports Forum or I would say use this one instead, which is for Perfect Team...

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...lay.php?f=3957
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:18 PM   #171
Sartagis
Bat Boy

Half of the Kevin Pillar for Juan De Paula, Alen Hanson and Derek Law trade seems to be in. De Paula, Hanson and Law are with the Jays but Pillar has not been put on the Giants and is still with the Jays.
Sartagis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:49 PM   #172
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartagis View Post
Half of the Kevin Pillar for Juan De Paula, Alen Hanson and Derek Law trade seems to be in. De Paula, Hanson and Law are with the Jays but Pillar has not been put on the Giants and is still with the Jays.
This was reported a few days ago and has been updated and should be in the next patch. See the thread below.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=302381
Old 04-24-2019, 07:03 PM   #173
ramairluvr
Minors (Triple A)

Roster Problems

Hello all. I started a historical league with the 2019 rosters and a fantasy draft. Now, when I look at my 40 man roster, there are a couple of players listed from other teams as well as a couple of free agents on my 40 man and it shows their assigned team as their name. For example, Neil Walker is a free agent, but he shows on my 40 man and the team he is assigned to is "Neil Walker".
ramairluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:47 PM   #174
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramairluvr View Post
Hello all. I started a historical league with the 2019 rosters and a fantasy draft. Now, when I look at my 40 man roster, there are a couple of players listed from other teams as well as a couple of free agents on my 40 man and it shows their assigned team as their name. For example, Neil Walker is a free agent, but he shows on my 40 man and the team he is assigned to is "Neil Walker".
This one counts as an outright bug.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 10:13 PM   #175
ramairluvr
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
This one counts as an outright bug.

bwburke, should I post this in a different forum then, or am I in the right place?
Old 04-25-2019, 03:33 PM   #176
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Post it in the main bug forum here:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...lay.php?f=3961
Old 04-25-2019, 04:31 PM   #177
ramairluvr
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Post it in the main bug forum here:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...lay.php?f=3961

Done! Thank you ohiodevil for the assist.
Old 04-30-2019, 05:59 AM   #178
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Speed in OOTP does not directly correlate to raw measurable speed. It factors that in, but includes other factors as well (including controlling how likely a player is to try to steal bases). So you will never see a direct correlation between the raw numbers on baseball savant or sites like that, and the speed rating in OOTP.

That being said, Buxton did get a slight bump in his speed rating, and you should see this in the next patch.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 06:50 PM   #179
aks62
Major Leagues

Service Time Discrepancy

I think it's because he moved from MLB to the Australian league...but obviously, the guy hasn't played for 204 years.

I also looked at his service time in the editor on Commissioner Mode and it says he has 716 days of service time, but the server is reading it as 716 years, 0 days.

Screenshots of both are included.

Last edited by aks62; 12-28-2022 at 11:47 AM.
aks62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 05:48 PM   #180
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

\

Last edited by mgom27; 05-04-2019 at 06:09 PM.
mgom27 is offline   Reply With Quote