Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 19 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 01-04-2019, 02:20 PM   #1
Buane
Minors (Double A)

Rising Star League - Fictional Potential-Only League Enters Season #48

Hello all

Been a while since I've posted here. I'm the Commissioner of the RSL, a league I've run since the Summer of 2008. Today we're well into our 11th year of existence, and we just recently kicked off our 48th season of play!

I've got two openings to fill, but just a few brief notes on the league structure:

We're a totally fictional league, 30 teams split into two conferences of 15 teams each, 5 teams per division. 162 game seasons. Potential-only league, meaning that current player talents are not displayed - only potential.

League Homepage: http://buane.net/risingstar/html/lea..._100_home.html
StatsPlus Homepage: https://statsplus.net/rsl/

We're a couple weeks into the 2055 Season, and one thing is clear from the standings: we need a GM to take over the Chicago Phantoms right away! This is a team that has won 108 and 100 games the past two seasons and is primed for yet another strong year despite some rotten injury luck in the season's opening weeks. They've got an excellent young core, including Sancho Riquenes, a 23-year-old shortstop perhaps poised to claim the mantle of the league's best player.

The Phantoms are a storied RSL franchise, one of the league's most successful a few decades ago who have recently returned to prominence. A steady GM could help keep them there for a while! Coincidentally, the RSL's Western Conference is primed for a possible changing of the guard this season; the Minneapolis Vikings, pennant winners in an incredible nine of the previous eleven years, have started this season 12-21 and kicked the door wide open for teams like the Phantoms to make a deep postseason run.

If taking over ready-to-compete teams isn't your thing and you're more of a "show me a challenge"/"build something from scratch" kind of GM, then I've got a team for you as well.

The Kansas City Athletics entered the RSL as an expansion team eleven years ago and have yet to lose fewer than 90 games in any season of play. They've been a perennial embarrassment, with six 100+ loss seasons in that time period, terrible draft pick luck, poor trades, and ill-conceived free agent contracts. Their minor leagues need a nearly full rebuild and they have less than one million dollars in guaranteed major league salary on the books for next year. They are the definition of a blank slate. Rebuilding them will not be easy, and it's going to take some creativity and sticktoitiveness from the right GM. Maybe the right GM is reading this right now?

There are other league rules and specifics, but the above covers the major points. I'm happy to go over anything at all with anybody who might be interested in joining - feel free to reach out to me here via PM or via email at GMYale@gmail.com

As Commissioner of the league, I've kept this league going for almost 11 years of my life now. I don't run a team myself, so when I say it's a labor of love, you know that it's true. Anyone looking for a league they can put all their effort into and want to count on it to still be there a few years (or decades!) down the road, this is the league for you!