Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 18 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:27 PM   #1
beorn
All Star Starter

Dog Days Baseball

Dog Days Baseball has now moved to OOTP 18, and we are heading into our 74th off-season. Yup, 74 seasons of history, and we are still going strong.

We are looking for new GMs for the following teams:
Cottonwood Ravens - Has some young talent, but a bit of a challenge
Seneca Point River Sharks - Serious challenge for an experienced GM, the cupboard is bare
Red Willow Roadrunners - Will have #3 draft pick after a rough season; strong farm system

Dog Days Baseball takes place in a fictional country using fiction players, and we have a few twists on the usual ruleset. http://www.bemont.net/rulesreve.htm

We have a lot of longtime owners, and although the forum isn't particularly chatty, most GMs are very active. And friendly to newcomers.

The league sims four times a week (7 days of baseball per sim) during the season, and every day during the offseason. Rounds 1-3 of the ammy draft are done on the forum, the rule 5 draft is done in-game.

We were originally a league that showed talent ratings but not current skill ratings, but we ran into some practical issues with that and switched to a 1-10 rating scale for potential, 1-5 for current skills.

We use scouts (low accuracy), but no other personnel.

Throughout the league's history, I have acted as commish but not run a team of my own.

Home page: http://www.bemont.net/
Forum: http://www.bemont.net/Dogforum/index.php
League file: http://www.bemont.net/DogDays12/backups/ddbfull.zip (You can go in as guest without a password and have a look around.)
If you would like to take over one of the teams, email me at dbemont@rochester.rr.com with your preference.

Last edited by beorn; 06-12-2017 at 01:42 PM. Reason: updated team listing
beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 02:51 PM   #2
Jaxxvain
All Star Reserve

Fun league

Great communication from the Commish.
Jaxxvain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 09:58 PM   #3
dickysty
Major Leagues

This is my second go around with Dog days and I only left the first time because of free time issues.

I will tell you that I've been in a good amount of OOTP leagues in my past and Dog Days is the most consistent run league that I've ever been a part of.
There is very few if any missed sims and everything runs like clockwork.

Don't hesitate to join this league it's one of the best fictional ones out there period!
dickysty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 11:10 PM   #4
Aloxety
Bat Boy

Also my second run in DDB. I joined back when it was founded, and happy to be back for the past couple of years. Great commish and fun fictional league with several out-of-game modifiers that make it unique.
Aloxety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 01:43 PM   #5
beorn
All Star Starter

Updated list of available teams
beorn is offline   Reply With Quote